Zurg for arena?

Discussion in 'Arena' started by Zelron, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Zelron

Zelron Level 24

Just curious what you guys think of him for arena...?

I got an anima Zurg and fed him to BB7...tried him to lead arena team (changed my squad to whatever having the highest base ATK and gave them all the 75% ATK + crit chance sphere)

Tried two rounds...lost both

To me round 1 was no different than my Dia lead squad...usually 2 of 5 enemies die after 1st round but the main difference is my Dia squad would be equipped with Lexida/Sinster/Hollowed sphere so I almost always get full BB after first round. With Zurg where I tailored to ATK sphere, I would get 1 or 2 unit with BB filled only...

2. Kyrion

Kyrion Level 46

Medals:
    Well. Zurg isone of the best leaders for arena due to the ls. Stack it with amanohabaken, your squad can be nightmare fuel

3. Zelron

Zelron Level 24

I did use Amanohabaken for everyone on the squad...I think I was using (Zurg, Maxwell, Elza, Ultor and Raydn) and the result was a lost in both rounds. There is too much randomness on who my units target and they seem to like ganging up on 2 of the 5 enemies only instead of spreading it out. After that, the enemies attack (fill their BB gauge) and kill one or two of my units...at round 2 my squad didn't get all their BB fully charged and just went on to normal attack again perhaps killing another one or two enemy. Now the enemy enters 2nd round does their BB and wipes my squad.

I won't argue that I might be caught on the bad luck side for both runs and I could fine tune my sphere a bit more. But the point is, I see the Zurg setup being more at the mercy of RNG than my Dia + rainbow (all low BB fill units used). With Dia squad, I fill all 5 units BB ~30% of the time after 1st round and at least 4 units filled 100% of the time and at least 80%+ chance to fire off a BB to finish the enemy by round 2.

4. devforgaming

devforgaming Level 13

i am experimenting with Zurg lead too for arena.
    I am using
    Zurg - Amano
    Maxwell - Amano + Sol
    Zelnite - Amano + Sol
    Kajah - Wicked Blade
    Alyut - Lexida
    usually i get 2-3 kills on turn 1 with 3-4 units filled with BB

Zelron likes this.
  5. SEKIYA

SEKIYA Level 7

Welp try using Lexida (which is like 100% attack power boost) with added survivability and bc generation vs Omanimabroken's 20% crit (Amanohaba
    ken).

I've been using
    Zurg A b10 with amano lead,
    Signas A sbb5 with Amano,
    Zelnite A sbb10, hallowed sphere/sol creator
    Dilma B sbb10 lexida
    Elza L sbb10 sinister orb/ihsir's guise.

and have 1 loss in 50+ arena fights (all five of my units did not BB 2nd turn).

This setup kills 2-3 units first round (90% of the time) and has 5 bbs up second turn 90% of the time. Best first turn was 4 kills.

Zelron likes this.
  6. MarvintheMartian

MarvintheMartian Level 37

Zurg lead is fun to play with in Arena (around 1 loss every 50 battles or so due to RNG)
    but the usual Dia/Lodin lead is still the most consistent for me.

Zelron and Talukita like this.