Winter Soldier Profile

Discussion in 'Character Discussions' started by Zyraz, Jul 17, 2015.

?

Rate Winter Soldier out of 10

Poll closed Jul 26, 2015.
  1. 10

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. 9

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. 8

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. 7

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zyraz

Zyraz Moderator

Winter Soldier.jpg

Type: Speed
    Attack: Physical

6* Leadership: Physical Attack +30% ↑
    4* Passive: HP +5%

_

2. Zyraz

Zyraz Moderator

Description provided by Zackoqf7

Winter Soldier:

Mission - He is one of the tankier speed type character with a % HP passive buff and a defense buff. He is good with most stages with his 2 skills breaking super armor and suppressing enemies for the duration of his cast time. His cast times is slightly long which will leave him vulnerable to the enemies he is not attacking. Therefore, he is good against small groups or clumped up enemies but weaker with large mobs in multiple direction since his skills hits in front of him. His 5* skills deals a lot of damage with one burst. However, being a speed type champion still means he is towards the squishier side of the scale.

Arena - He is generally good in arena due to him being able to suppress enemies for as long as his cast times. A super armor buff that does not allow enemies to break your skills is very valuable. However, his 5* skill has a bit of cast time and a lot of damage is lost if he misses that one.

Villain Siege - He is generally good with villain siege as he can suppress bosses whenever he cast a skill. Therefore, he can hit and run and expect 0 retaliation from any boss. The problem will be the cast times exposing him to traps.

3. AA7Havok

AA7Havok Level 8

Medals:
    WS and Spidey are 1 and 1a in terms of best speed characters. Overall, Spidey has better skills, even discounting his 6*. I don't want to compare that to anything until other characters get one. However, WS skill cool-downs are all much better; his slowest skill cool-down is the same as Spidey's second fastest. What really sets him apart is his leadership. Call me crazy, but a 25% bump in all physical attack is a lot more helpful than a 5% bump in dodge. Pairing WS (as leader) with Spidey and Venom is a pretty devastating combination.

Only cons are somewhat slow cast time (although not nearly as slow as many other characters) and a pretty useless 3* skill (20 second defense increase). Still a great all around character.

4. Zyraz

Zyraz Moderator

But what about GG????

Winter Soldier was the best hero in Beta... hahah in arena his shield would make him invulnerable and once activated was permanent... basically it was an automatic win... or lose if you were versing him... it lasted like a month until they fixed it.

I am not sure I would rate Winter Soldier above Green Goblin... but the fact his super armour prevents his skills breaking is pretty sweet. He is a hero who is in need of a 4th attacking skill, hopefully 6* comes soon.

5. AA7Havok

AA7Havok Level 8

Medals:
    I have 2 arguments against GG. One is his team bonus options. He somehow only has two 3 person bonus teams (I had to scroll through again when I went past like 25 teams to find him in one) and three 2 person bonuses. The only hero I regularly use he can do anything with is Venom, and to utilize that one I have to drag Doc Oct's useless tentacle shield along. My second (and biggest) problem with GG is his leadership. Poison resist? That's actually somehow more useless than the tentacle shield...which I thought was impossible two sentences ago.

GG is pretty solid on his own, and I agree his skills are better than WS. But he can't team up with anyone, and he can't really help anyone I could team him up with. On lower levels, that's fine. On higher levels, I just need more.

6. Zyraz

Zyraz Moderator

It's not much... But GG and Luke Cage have a small bonus. Luke Cage's leadership more than makes up for GGs poor one too >_>

7. OrionPeace

OrionPeace Level 12

If I was ranking Speed characters, I would put both Green Goblin and Gamora above Winter Soldier and probably above Spiderman as well, if not for his 6* Skill. But that will be less important over time.

8. AA7Havok

AA7Havok Level 8

Medals:
    I think I just put more emphasis on leadership and team bonuses than you guys. I agree GG's skills are better than WS, but I just can't get over those issues. WS and WM get extra points from me because I just find the 25% increase on all physical attacks to be so helpful. Pairing either one as the leader with a Spidey/Venom combo is my best team.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  9. OrionPeace

OrionPeace Level 12

That may be true.

But I have characters who can finish just about any level, team bonus or not. So, that isn't an issue for me.

I need characters who are effective at Villain Siege and the Arena. There isn't any amount of team bonus or leadership that is going to make up for how squishy the Winter Soldier is or how low his damage output is. And his clear rate on Missions is very slow.

In short, no matter his bonuses, I don't have much of a use for him. I rate heroes on that scale. And Green Goblin puts out massive damage in Villain Siege and once I get him to 45, I intend to try him out in the Arena paired with Luke Cage - cause he needs a little help on the defensive front to go with his damage.

10. AA7Havok

AA7Havok Level 8

Medals:
    Those are all fair points. I admit I don't put as much value in VS as other people because I have enough characters to get through with or without a high level WS or GG. I also don't really consider arena as I can throw some combination of Spidey/Venom/WM/Cpt. Marvel out there to handle just about any team. WS is usually one of my assist characters, especially against spidey when I get snared in the web. I guess I also don't value clear times since I have enough characters to cycle through low level missions.

I completely see how people could say GG is better. If you need a stronger speed for Arena or VS, GG's probably the better option. Not sure how quick his auto clear rate is. I think my opinion on WS is clouded because at this point he's more helpful to me because he's a better option for me to clear elite level 8 missions. Probably just me though.

11. OrionPeace

OrionPeace Level 12

That's fair.

Everyone's needs are different.

And I'm certainly not suggesting that the Winter Soldier sucks.

ryan4nayr likes this.
  12. misho86

misho86 Level 11

i have him at 2* so i cant give opinion on him. about the best speed hero i think its GG even Spider Man is one of my main heroes and is more stars,gear,level and everything

13. AA7Havok

AA7Havok Level 8

Medals:
    I retract all arguments I had about WS being better than GG. Got my GG up to 5* and he DESTROYS. Oh how foolish I was...

14. Hail_Stannis

Hail_Stannis Level 11

So far I have WS at 5 red stars and he is UNGODLY. Deals insane damage, has really fast cool downs and has a passive ability that's actually really good. He's simply amazing.

15. Rhabby

Rhabby Guest

Hey guys I was wondering......what does it mean when it says "when getting hit with a 15, 25, or 30% rate?" For a leadership ability to activate? Or "when attacking with a 5% rate."

BTW WS is in my main team I have him at 6 stars all mastered. He is almost untouchable in arena since it's one on one. Amazing. Thanks guys!

16. Hail_Stannis

Hail_Stannis Level 11

My WS is the same and I can confirm this! My favorite character and I'm glad he's a beast. He's tanky for a speed character too.

The way that ability works is its either activated when you get attacked or when you attack someone. For example it might say "25% chance to gain a shield when attacked". Make sense?

17. Rhabby

Rhabby Guest

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I know that they activate when you're attacking or defending. But what does it mean that it's a 25% rate? What is the rate? The critical damage you're doing? Or the speed at which you attacking? I just don't get it. Because it only activates if you get to that percent rate. Thanks in advance!

18. pkscout

pkscout Level 8

I'm pretty sure that's the chance that the thing will activate given the correct condition. So if the game says something like "activate shield when getting a hit with 25% rate" then it means when you get hit there is a 25% chance that the shield will activate. I suspect the game developers are not native English speakers, so I think sometimes we get very convoluted looking English that has been translated by someone who might not know anything about the game.

19. Vladimiryra

Vladimiryra Level 5

Can I contact Administration?
    It is about advertisement on your website.
    Byu.