Wind Archer vs Wind Imp vs Water Imp vs Light Elemental

Discussion in 'Units and Runes' started by Rotohomer, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Rotohomer

Rotohomer Level 44

Medals:
    I assumed the wind Archer was better until I watched Dr4g0's pvp video (video below). In it he clearly has both wind Imp and wind Archer at 5* close to max level but he prefers the wind Imp over the Archer for his arena team. So yea I'm a bit confused as I don't want to level up both using my limited resources as they seem to serve the same role/purpose. So which should I focus on between these 2?

As for Light Elemental, I just got him but don't know what to do as the moment you search for Light Elemental, the only thing that shows up is how good the Dark Elemental is -_-
    Light Elemental did get an A+ rating from that one thread so he sounds decent.. Anyone actually tried using him or know someone who used him and could give me a review of him? Worth investing in him over a Water Imp since it sounds like you'd need multiple water imps to make it worthwhile?

2. Rodakino

Rodakino Level 5

I'm also leveling a wind magical archer, I would assume he picked imp over archer because of how OP the 3rd skill is maybe?
    I'm not sure if magical archer has the ability to one shot monsters like that. I hear imps are pretty fragile though.

I wouldn't know about the light elemental, but water imps seem to be doing good at high level bosses.

3. Rotohomer

Rotohomer Level 44

Medals:
    I'm confused about that imp's 3rd skill. I thought it was just a simple aoe skill but it seems like it auto ko's 1 person at random too? I mean it does like 100 dmg to 3 guys and then like 10,000 dmg to 1 guy in the video everytime he uses it...

4. Rodakino

Rodakino Level 5

It seems to be doing aoe while attacking the main target twice or something. I've felt that damage in arena cause I see people using him for defence all the time but either with my hellhound or inugami (or any fire damage dealer I suppose) I mostly one shot him.
    Obviously its different when you are the one attacking but I dunno :p

5. Ittadakkimaas

Ittadakkimaas Level 38

Wind Imp's third skill is targeted, and not random - it does a large amount of damage (with more than one dmg instance although that doesn't make a difference) to your chosen target and has a small AoE component. Both Archer and Imp are good. I have used both quite a bit, and IMO Imp is arguably slightly better at one-shotting with its third skill, while Archer is slightly more survivable and can deal smaller but more reliable dmg across more turns.

I was using Fatal+Blade on Imp and Rage+Blade on Archer. Recently a very high level player @sitdown2000 taught me that AoE attacks with despair+focus is the current meta in the top ~500/1000 range of the arena. Given that, I am trying to farm up despair runes for my Imp and may use him more often.

(Despair is good on AoE attacks because with a 25% chance to stun each enemy, you have a high probability of stunning at least one - havnig one monster on the side lines for a turn is a big deal because at that level, matches are typically over/decided by the second turn).

6. Rodakino

Rodakino Level 5

Would you say then that one shouldn't bother leveling an archer cause of imps power to one-shot monsters and on higher levels the ability to stun multiple targets as well?
    I'm interested in this as well cause I was going to level the wind archer in the future, I don't have any good wind damage dealers right now.

7. Ittadakkimaas

Ittadakkimaas Level 38

I would get both to at least 4* - then you can use both if needed against a water-heavy team or in water dungeons. Past that point, maybe 5* Imp first if you are confused - if you like Archer, go for it, it is still an excellent unit. I have both at 5* and I don't regret it - I still use them both.

Rodakino likes this.
  8. JChunks

JChunks Level 35

@Rotohomer - You cheap skate, get "Casual" and buy some premiums ;)
    In all seriousness, why do you want to follow what other people think? Its more fun making stuff up.
    I prefer my Fire 9 tails over my Awoken Wind Archer eventhough W. Archer is supposed to be the stuff.
    I have FOOOOSED Many a Wind Imp and Water Imp.
    Fire Lich ranked high...I hate him...

I am also working hard to mat up and make a Water Ninja from the Hexagram eventhough people think water Ninjas sux.

It is just preference my man, you should do what works for you. It is a game after all.

Cheers!

PS light H Elemental is supposed to be good, I would work on him.

Ittadakkimaas likes this.
  9. Ittadakkimaas

Ittadakkimaas Level 38

This man ftw! If you aren't having fun, there's no point - invest in the units you enjoy playing most with. Ratings are just a supplementary aid - not legally binding.

10. Rotohomer

Rotohomer Level 44

Medals:
    B-but I have been doing me and I've yet to win an arena battle and the opponents keep getting tougher cuz u only fight dudes ur lvl :oops: (K Slight over exaggeration but u know wut I mean)

/newb casual Need help pls : //

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  11. JChunks

JChunks Level 35

I thought we discussed this already. You do not win when you are new, you lose and farm glory points. You will win when you get better units. Or Evo'd your units and max skill the ones you have, it takes time.

12. Rodakino

Rodakino Level 5

I was winning on lower levels, got up to 1450 rating and then on day I realised I went too far, I lost so much then I got to 1200 :p

I agree on playing the units you like most, but sometimes you don't want to spend time on something that will be useless later on.
    (I'll still be leveling my fire viking though! >: D)

13. gn_x00

gn_x00 Level 6

Wind Imp is better than Wind Archer only if it can oneshot its enemy. Some people like using it purely because at the very first turn, you can make the battle into 4 vs 3 situation. Archer is better in long run, especially if build with crit damage and crit rate

Water imp is great at dungeon bosses. mostly sucks on other places, and I think light elemental has a very different purpose compared to water imp. It is a rather tanky (due to its passive) damage dealer. I never really tried it's damage though.

Rodakino likes this.