What does everyone do for a living?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Moroveus, Mar 8, 2014.

  1. Moroveus

    Moroveus Level 27

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2014
    Messages:
    806
    Likes Received:
    553
    Location:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Just curious. I'm a lawyer. Mostly do family law and estate planning. About 80% of what I do is about as exciting as inhaling chloroform, but the other 20% (trials, depositions, etc.) can get exciting.
     
    Poker likes this.
  2. NeoCHI

    NeoCHI Admin Moderator Developer

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2012
    Messages:
    1,384
    Likes Received:
    572
    Location:
    Shanghai
    Programmer....surprise surprise lol.
     
  3. [nataS]

    [nataS] Level 4

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2014
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    1
    I'm still in high school. Last year.
     
    Poker likes this.
  4. JTG79

    JTG79 Level 27

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2014
    Messages:
    1,162
    Likes Received:
    282
    CPA, MBA. aka professional tree killer. I can kill and entire forest in one audit season
     
    Poker, Serauqs, AlexHavoc98 and 2 others like this.
  5. ryan117

    ryan117 Level 14

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2014
    Messages:
    283
    Likes Received:
    59
    I'm an aerospace engineer currently working on the attitude and orbit control subsystem of an Earth observation satellite
     
    Poker, Ping, forcedover and 1 other person like this.
  6. paul.aka.paul

    paul.aka.paul Level 15

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2013
    Messages:
    131
    Likes Received:
    114
    A fellow counter of beans!
     
  7. Darth Carnifex

    Darth Carnifex Level 30

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2014
    Messages:
    1,587
    Likes Received:
    251
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    Medical Student.
     
    Poker and dark father like this.
  8. forcedover

    forcedover Level 6

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2014
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    North East, Pennsylvania
    I drive a forklift... (feeling belittled) lol :)
     
    Poker, Gudhix and emily_young like this.
  9. Gekkoukaa

    Gekkoukaa Level 1

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2014
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    High school. First year
     
    Poker likes this.
  10. Gardienn

    Gardienn Level 7

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2014
    Messages:
    66
    Likes Received:
    17
    Writer and editor
     
    Poker likes this.
  11. poppy

    poppy Level 21

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2014
    Messages:
    604
    Likes Received:
    344
    Location:
    Singapore
    I work at a major news agency as a pictures editor
     
    Poker and Ping like this.
  12. Sheer Terror

    Sheer Terror Level 20

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2014
    Messages:
    430
    Likes Received:
    239
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    I manage musicians
     
    Poker likes this.
  13. BigDaddyRon

    BigDaddyRon Level 10

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2014
    Messages:
    23
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Security/ Bouncer, the stuff I see at night would would fill several books
     
    Nick13, Poker, Bat_Bro Swfc and 3 others like this.
  14. sir_derpsalot

    sir_derpsalot Level 6

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2014
    Messages:
    61
    Likes Received:
    18
    College student, commissioning into the Air Force next May
     
    Poker and Kaiwardin like this.
  15. WaxMyShazzy

    WaxMyShazzy Level 6

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2014
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    7
    I'm a cook at a Local Farm. I take all the stuff we grow and turn it into super tasty treats.
     
    Poker, dark father and BR-661 like this.
  16. Div

    Div Level 35

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2014
    Messages:
    1,620
    Likes Received:
    708
    Location:
    NYC
    im a revenue finance manager....much like the bean counters except not as precise LOL

    "did you say $880k? lets call it $1M & call it a day"
     
    Poker and JGBuddy like this.
  17. Div

    Div Level 35

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2014
    Messages:
    1,620
    Likes Received:
    708
    Location:
    NYC
    just curious, what media outlet? tv, radio, print, web?
     
    Poker likes this.
  18. poppy

    poppy Level 21

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2014
    Messages:
    604
    Likes Received:
    344
    Location:
    Singapore
    Pictures. I work for Reuters
     
  19. Div

    Div Level 35

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2014
    Messages:
    1,620
    Likes Received:
    708
    Location:
    NYC
    did you ever work at time inc?
     
  20. poppy

    poppy Level 21

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2014
    Messages:
    604
    Likes Received:
    344
    Location:
    Singapore
    nah, this is my first job, and has been so far for the past 4 years.
     

Share This Page