Water Phoenix Complete Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by BigN1gga, Oct 6, 2014.

1. BigN1gga

BigN1gga Level 26

Medals:
    I know this is kind of late, since Katrina came out about 2 weeks ago in fusion hex.

But I hope this post will help those of you with Water phoenix or those of you who are deciding between Sigmarus and Katrina.

I have fused a Water Phonix the second week after fusion hexagram came out

Screenshot_2014-08-14-21-30-07 (2).jpg
    I will not be discussing the farming process here.

Water Phoenix has 2 builds, nuke and debuffer.
    But it is very hard to get both at the same time, hence the reason people complain that phoenix is weak.

DPS build (very simple):
    Rage + blade (attack% + crit damage% + attack%)
    Note: do not make the mistake of using crit % for 4th rune! you will lose too much damage.
    Crit rate on Sigmarus must come from Awakening and rune sub-stats
    6* crit damage rune + 15 give +80% crit damage.

Debuff Build:
    Rage + focus (speed + crit rate + accuracy) you can reach 100% crit without using blade runes
    This may not look very appealing to you blood thirsty nukers out there.
    But you have to realize:
    - getting hit by and Aoe attack debuff right on the first turn is very harsh
    - Sigmarus' second skill cool down is only 2 turns when maxed out. Which is a 100% freeze. It is also Sigmarus' highest damage skill, a lot higher than his 3rd skill.
    Players with strong Aoe monster like Lushen should choose this over pure Dps Build.
    that means u @JChunks

Ultimate build( a combination of Dps and Debuff, require very good runes):
    Rage + blade (att% + crit damage + accuracy)
    - This is assuming your crit is approaching 100% without crit % rune.
    This build Sigmarus should be supported by Megan or Bernard to boost attack guage to compensate the lack of speed.
    This water Phoenix will do some serious damage, while leaving the enemy harmless for the next 2 turns.
    He can also freeze 1 opponent monster of your choice in the next turn.

The main down fall of using water Phoenix centered teams is that it is really hard to beat Lushen based wind teams.
    Sigmarus' freeze become unreliable and the Aoe can't do much damage to Lushen.
    And 1 hit from decent Lushen will almost certainly knock out Sigmarus, or leave him at very low health.

This is my personal experience with water phoenix.
    Feel free to share your opinion.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Rotohomer and JChunks like this.
  2. BrFrPlayer

BrFrPlayer Level 37

From my experiences fighting Katrinas I feel they do not have as much of an advantage over Sigmarus as people seem to think.

Besides them having different roles, Katrina is vulnerable to players who mainly use Fire attackers. If she is built tanky enough to deal with the likes of Raoq she barely does any damage, but if she's not built so tanky she's fragile.

Maybe people are just not supporting her properly in their team comps but besides looking pretty cool I have yet to desire her after beating her quite a few times.

Nobody runs Sigmarus so I can't say how he fares when properly runed. The only Sigmarus I've fought is the one fielded by rivals and no sane human player would build their bird like that.

3. Ekstaradis

Ekstaradis Level 7

i'm currently working for this guy.. still dont get wind pixie and fire m.archer, buat all the inggridient already 4* max level, and half of them is already aweken. i prefer to make this poenix first, because i dont have any good natural 4*.. so i think this bird worth to make :D. after that, gona make the valk >.<... long way to goo

4. YESUL

YESUL Moderator

Medals:
    I've dealt with a DPS Bird. No joke, this guy must have been purposefully losing or something, his Bird was hitting a real 14k per hit. He belonged in top 100 easy.

Real damage. He was running in his comp; Susano, Sigmarus, Chloe & Lushen. The Pheonix was just, my god. Cleanup duty.

The way his comp worked since I attacked him more than once on that occasion to see how strong per unit was: Susano and Pheonix would go first, since Susano has one of the fastest leads for his Type they lowered my monsters or one shot a few of them on the occasion of the Crit.

The Chloe was built with so much speed, she would protect the next turn. Finally Lushen had his turn. Pretty solid team.

Only thing that can go wrong with this kind of comp is RNG. When you have Chloe dancing around her pole, Susano balancing his katana on his head or Sigmarus trying to catch his tail.. even lushen playing with his jack in the box will result in your loss. -.-

I have the spare mats for the Wind 9 Tails after I'm done with the Valk, the Amazon & Harpy which are the hardest to get. I can make the Pheonix at a later date, right now I'm a hairs breath away from Valk. All I need is the Water Grim & time to level them up.

5. neish

neish Level 7

I like ur guide man.. i am running the pure dps build and i am loving it.
    I have tested debuff build but the effectiveness in game is not good.
    Water phoenix is very squashy.

when are u going to make wind valkyrja guide? 80% progess in fusing 1 now.. =)

JChunks likes this.
  6. JChunks

JChunks Level 35

Somehow I thought Debuff build was Violent + Focus?

Either way, just getting it will be a treat. Ill work out the logistics as I go.

7. BigN1gga

BigN1gga Level 26

Medals:
    Sorry JChunks I was thinking about my other Phoenix when I was talking you you in game :p

Although you could just go with violent + focus if you are tired of missing crits

8. JChunks

JChunks Level 35

Im gonna go for the ultimate build. Because it gives me something to work towards.

9. YESUL

YESUL Moderator

Medals:
    I've seen 6x Blade with Atk/crit dmg/atk on some pheonix. Missing crit damage from the set but it's a cheap shortcut till you can farm out the 6* Rage with Crit% substats.

BigN1gga likes this.
  10. JChunks

JChunks Level 35

I just bought a 5* Crit damage Rune. yeah yeah it wasn't a 6* but damn im gonna make an almost ultimate build Phoenix once that bad boy arises.

EDIT: it was a 6* in the 4 slot for Crit Damage.
    I have accuracy in the 6 slot, but only 4* for now.
    And Im only missing ATK% in the 2 slot.

All for PHOENIX!!!

11. YESUL

YESUL Moderator

Medals:
    @BrFrPlayer

That Wind Valk isn't even built for maximum potential.

Now think of; Tyron, Wind Valk, Chloe & Lushen. Very few teams that will survive this combination, and them teams means very few owners have the monsters available to withstand it. This team would be a Hurricane, a maelstrom. Best to stand as far as possible if you want to survive it.

I'm one monster away from my ultimate dream team. Tyron, when will you drop for me?

12. YESUL

YESUL Moderator

Medals:
    @BigN1gga You want this thread at the Guide Section?

13. BigN1gga

BigN1gga Level 26

Medals:
    Honestly, I would go for 4* than a 5* on 4th slot
    Sure
    I am glad if this helps anyone out :D

Can you help me move it pls?

JChunks likes this.
  14. YESUL

YESUL Moderator

Medals:
    Done my friend. Anything to help.

We should make a guide for all Hexagram 5* monsters on the forum.

BigN1gga likes this.
  15. BrFrPlayer

BrFrPlayer Level 37

If that Wind Valk was a Julie or Lushen built to max potential the attacker would have won on turn 1. I've had Lushens hit my 5* full Energy Arnold for more than 40k damage with Amputation Magic - almost 10k more than his max HP.

At the same time, that video shows an Offense team and we know so many natural 2* units that are beastly when micro'ed correctly.

I do see your point though. I've probably not seen any good Katrinas because only the top 10% and above of Arena players actually build their units to max.

16. AyeJames

AyeJames Level 16

will acasis' force field work with katarina's sword of discharge?

17. YESUL

YESUL Moderator

Medals:
    No. Thats just a shield not invincibility.

18. Chris04

Chris04 Level 7

Built my Phoenix Rage/Blade I have read many guides and forms saying that this is the weakest natural 5 star if that is true holy crap. I need to get some more natural fives. This phoenix is easily my best he has sub par runes and still consistently hits for 10k+(4 four star runes and crit rate in 4 slot but hey it is at 86% crit)

19. JChunks

JChunks Level 35

@BigN1gga - so if I don't have 100% Crit rate can I still use ultimate build?
    Since I have not upgraded my runes, I feel I will get to 100 over time.

20. BigN1gga

BigN1gga Level 26

Medals:
    Hey JChunks,
    Why not follow the build for the time being except swap out crit damage with a crit % rune for now?
    you lose out a bit on damage, but not as much as having 27% crit while using Rage rune ;D
    You can also get a nice freeze from second skill