Use of initial crystal set (f2p player)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes' started by TheBeard, Dec 23, 2015.

1. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Hey all, taking a break from SWFC to try out this game.

Just like in SWFC, I plan on being F2P. Knowing that I'll never have a massive amount of crystals, what should I spend my initial amount on? I've accumulated about 1150 so far. Should I use them on the shipments to purchase character shards? Or save them for the bigger data cards? Or maybe another option?

Any help is appreciated!

2. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Starring up toons makes a huge difference. You may get a badass 4* off a chromium, but for the forseeable future they'll remain 4* and end up underpowered unless you get a Lando or Ima-Gun or something.

If you want to play a bit seriously, I'm a huge fan of Arena rewards and would recommend checking your Arena rankings. If it's not full of 7* lvl 60, it may be worth dumping them into energy/battle resets.

If you decide to gamble, at least one full character (as opposed to shards) I believe is guaranteed in an 8x draw. Stay away from spending crystals for shards in standard shipments, they're way overpriced.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  3. jkfp19

jkfp19 Level 19

Yeah I'm kinda torn here myself. Have ~1500 built up, and at Gear 5-6 on all my top 7 or so people. But I'm rank 500ish and I'd like to do refills probably but the 3 daily hard missions is what kills me (if it was no limit I would do refills no matter what) so I've been tentatively thinking about a 8x

4. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

Gear and energy will always come with time. Save up for packs and cross your fingers.
    Galactic War is a must, Luminara is one of the best healers in the game and you get here there. I will be making a new Galactic War post that has some serious help in it.

5. jkfp19

jkfp19 Level 19

Does anyone know if you use 50 crystals to bypass the timer on hard mode shards (normal light and dark), does it just give you 3 more tries?

6. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

My advice is to use them to refresh your energy. While good characters are very important, level and gear matter much more. Chromium packs can be good or bad. You could get a great character or a few shards for someone you'll never use. If you like to gamble, then you can try it. I just find refilling to be much better. Now, keep in mind I got extremely lucky early on and drew a few really good 4 star characters from Bronzium packs, so I didn't need new characters that much.

There are some 'earned' characters that you should also be going after. Pretty much everyone agrees that Luminara is the best character in Galactic War. Go for her first. Sidious is the best from the Arena, but it might take a while if you're not ranked high. You'll be able to earn a minimum of 250 Tokens a day (150 from being ranked 10,000+ and 100 from doing 3 battles a day). The only exception would be if you're going full droid form and want IG-88. Even then, I advise Sidious first. Finally, from the Cantina you have a few choices. First, you can pick missions that give Shards: Windu, Kylo Ren, Finn, Biggs, etc. I can say that if you're going for a DS team or need a good DS character, Kylo Ren is pretty powerful. Whoever you choose, stick with them. You can earn quite a few. You also get Cantina Credits you can spend on another character. My advice is Old Daka. You'll need her for DS battles.

Sorry, I don't know about the timer part. I've never done it. You're better off not, since that's a huge cost even if it gives you 3 battles. You have no guarantee that you'll get a single Shard. That 50 would give you 120 Energy for Regular battles, a much better investment.

binary flotsam likes this.
  7. roadburn12

roadburn12 Level 34

I agree with 99% however as a guy running a droid squad I'd suggest first getting HK47 from arena shipments.
    Just my $.02 though

8. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Thanks all! Still not sure what I'm doing, but all the advice certainly helps!

Rockjockrob! likes this.
  9. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

Yeah, listen to @roadburn12 I don't work with droids, so that's not really my area.