Update 2.7.0 thunders down 12/7

Discussion in 'General, News and Updates' started by ryan4nayr, Dec 5, 2016.

1. ryan4nayr

ryan4nayr Level 13

Here's some yummy Asgardian goodness coming to us this week!

SEVEN new characters! Odin (base tier-2!), Fandral, Volstagg, Hodun, Enchantress (subscription only!), Hela, Ulik
    THREE new Tier-2 advancements! Thor, Sif, Captain Marvel (all 3 also got skills balancing)
    THREE new costumes! Thor, Sif, Silk
    TWO new Story Chapters 11 and 12 ! Uru Gear enchantment rewarded from the new chapters.
    Story Chapters now give 10 biometrics from the previous 5!
    SHIELD Levels will go up from 60 to 70! This also increases maximum energy cap
    New game mode -- World Boss Invasion! World Boss co-op has arrived, you and 2 other players will each bring 3 heroes

More details at the Mobirum forum today.

But fair warning for that day...
    Here's more gratuitous Odin All-father action!

And another

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    Apollyon likes this.
  2. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

It's been a week since the update and......

I think it's one of the BEST updates yet!!!

2 brand new chapters with new worlds, EPIC bosses, and CHALLENGING levels!! Also the introduction of a Co-OP world boss was one of the best things to hit the game.

Some may complain that it's too hard, and Netmarble is only catering to the "top" players, but that's just ridiculous. For veteran players, the new content serves as something to test out characters against and improve even further, keeping us engaged. Players that are new have so many opportunities to advance, and it's so much easier now than it has been ever before.

As for the world boss co-op, I love the concept and the challenges, but I'm frustrated like so many others when paired with other players who don't really know what they are doing, the 100% life bar mode for example. I just hope they will allow invites to our friends and alliance soon.

I got my Odin on day 2, after a few tries on 12-7, and 12-8. Those were really challenging and beating those levels really felt good! I'm working on Enchantress now, and will hold off on Odin until I finish up some of my BO characters.

Thanks for the update bud!

3. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

Oh, and the Shield level cap is a very nice treat. That extra energy is definitely needed.

ryan4nayr likes this.
  4. ryan4nayr

ryan4nayr Level 13

I like this update too. I inwardly smile at all the difficulty/challenge hate. I remember when I had to gradually creep up the Story Missions until I got to Chapter 8, then again last year when Chapters 9 & 10 were added. I have an Alliance-member who unlocked Odin on the same day of the update by spending what must've been easily $100+ to buy all the requirements. Meanwhile I'm still at Chapter 12-1 and I'm not really in a hurry. I still have Dr. Strange to earn :wacky:

I don't know why Netmabu didn't allow Alliance-invite. They probably (correctly so) foresaw how an Alliance that knows how to teamwork can totally cheese World Boss Invasion. NM has reeeally been trying to choke out our gold revenue lately.

I'm working on Hela and Ulik so I can finally have somebody decent for Alliance Battle - Combat Villain days. My Dr. Strange only has 1 out of 10 Rank 3 Black Anti-Matter so he'll be stuck at that stage for a bit.

5. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

Yep, gold has been scarce. Co-Op has been good for gold though. Been running it on auto in the mornings while I get ready. Indeed the difficulty was scaled up and creates a nice challenge. I've yet to even begin Ranking up Odin.

Say, I don't have you on my ally list do I?

My IGN is: Master Ap

ryan4nayr likes this.
  6. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

By the way, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hope they treated you well.

ryan4nayr likes this.
  7. ryan4nayr

ryan4nayr Level 13

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well! The holidays have been pretty busy for me so I've been lax with maximizing my energy :-/ Oh well, I heard we're getting 3 new characters -- Riri "Iron Heart" Williams, Kate Bishop and Medusa!

Apollyon likes this.
  8. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

Thanks!! Yeah, I hear you. At one point (last year, before getting back into the game) I accumulated almost 2000 energy, and that was with completing daily goals....

Ah yes, that update should be tomorrow!

ryan4nayr likes this.
  9. ryan4nayr

ryan4nayr Level 13

I have lots of errands on my day off (the life of an adult, no more real "day off") so it'll be tough juggling game time. I'm not even sure if I'm gonna post one of these patch posts. This sub-forum has been dead for a while. You're pretty much the only one I see anymore (and punctually around patch time :joyful: )

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Apollyon likes this.
  10. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

Speaking of patch time, what do you think about the latest update? Overall, I thought it was great seeing new characters, uniforms, and character balancing. My only complaint is the Uniform Upgrade system, and from what I've seen, it's outraged many players. I really don't like the requirements of other uniforms to upgrade yours, but that's how it is..

Such is the life. I've got a 9 year old daughter, so there really isn't a day off... My game time is usually auto play when getting ready for work, and an hour or two once she's asleep. Then there's the bits of messaging and chat apps throughout.

Yep, the MFF forum here is pretty dead...

Until next time.

ryan4nayr likes this.
  11. ryan4nayr

ryan4nayr Level 13

This patch is just "meh" for me. Sure it's great getting new characters but new missions are really what get me excited. It is a real relief seeing Bullseye, Elektra and Hulk finally get some attention. The Uni Upgrades are so transparently such a cash grab by Netmarble. Not really surprised, the usual cash cows by F2P games are experience boosts and gold boosts, that sort of thing, and those aren't selling well in this game. I see myself playing less and less of the game the more stupid cash grabs are introduced by NM, but hopefully by then my roster is good enough that I don't really need the bonuses from my alliance.

I'm still working on Dr. Strange Epic Quest, still have to 5-star Satana, next is Hellstorm (I think), then eventually Clea. I've heard nightmarish things about the bio grind for Clea's 5-star and 5-mastery, so she got tickets already :wacky: Already maxed out Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive, next is Ebony Maw and his delicious Energy Damage% leadership. It's amazing how much easier earning Black Anti-Matter becomes when my Black Order roster grows.

12. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

True that. I won't be upgrading uniforms for a while, just in case they do realize their mistake and hopefully, change it a bit. If the bonus applies to all uniforms of a specific character, I'd be a bit happier.

That Epic quest does take a bit of time. Clea is definitely the hardest to get. Save those tickets for her. Others can be obtained through Shadow land bios if you are doing that. Yep, Ebony Maw is my 2nd BO that I'm working on because of his leadership skill. Yep, WB becomes much easier.

13. ryan4nayr

ryan4nayr Level 13

I've been slowly throwing uniforms into missions just so they get experience, but I most definitely won't be spending crystals just for requisite uni.

Supposedly Kate Bishop is a Speed superstar. Have you been tinkering with the new characters yet?

14. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

Same. Haven't bothered upgrading any just yet. Really? I'll have to check her out then. For now I'm just acquiring the bios from VS. I've yet to get Medusa, but have Ironheart at 6/6/60. Gear is around 16. She's pretty good (needs a bit more damage output, gears, iso) but her survivability is very good!

ryan4nayr likes this.
  15. ryan4nayr

ryan4nayr Level 13

Apparently Kate Bishop is very dodgy *and* has 3 i-Frame skills. Since I've yet to find a Speed character with whom I can beat Alliance Battle Extreme, I've been putting bio selectors on her to try her out at maxed T1.

BTW, the 1 gold uniforms are kind of a joke lol.

Apollyon likes this.
  16. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

Wow, puts Clint Barton to shame then....

I use T2 Silk with Spiderman to get through any Speed AB. While I don't get the highest score, I'm able to survive until the timer runs out.

Haha, yeah they are, but then again they are outdated. Have you seen there new social media event? They are trying really hard to divert the outcry on uniform upgrades to "Hey look, we're practically giving away free uniforms, and to those of you who bought them with crystals, too bad!!" I did buy the ones I was missing though, couldn't pass them up.

Today, I'm finally going to t2 my Ghost Rider!! Saved up enough Norn Stones for him, now it will be easier to clear another SL stage. Also, he's just so very cool looking!

ryan4nayr likes this.
  17. ryan4nayr

ryan4nayr Level 13

I like Agent 13 lead + Silk + whoever for Speed Alliance Battle. I have Kate maxed gears+skills but I haven't gotten the hang of her rotation. And yes, Kate puts Clint to shame, and for a long while Jane Foster put Thor to shame; Silk put Spidey to shame; Winter Soldier with Capt. America uni put Capt. America to shame; She-Hulk, Red Hulk and Amadeus Cho put Hulk to shame... at least all the Iron Man armors are still mediocre lol.

Congrats on T2 Ghost Rider! My maxed T1 Ghost Rider is amazing. I just used a T2 ticket on Thor so my roster of good universal characters is overflowing and I'm having second thoughts on T2 GR. I just preferred Thor's lightning piercing immunity bonus over GR's bonus damage over bosses.

I just recently read about the silly social media event. As big of a joke as their 1 gold costumes. Shish. Really, it's as big of a joke as their Uniform Upgrade and Uru Upgrade system. I'm slowly making my way to you, getting less and less motivated to play.

Apollyon likes this.
  18. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

Thanks. GR is awesome. I like using him now for most missions. Yeah, it was. I'm taking a bit of a step back from the game. Still doing daily challenges, but not farming as hard as I was.

ryan4nayr likes this.
  19. ryan4nayr

ryan4nayr Level 13

Epic Quest is 3 days away from finishing so my Dr. Strange is not far away either (he's already ridiculously powerful, even at level 55). Farming for Super Giant, Black Dwarf and Thanos would not be too hard after that. The only bottlenecks really are Black Anti-Matter (BAM), Norn Stones of Chaos and my own time :D

Are you doing Shadowlands? That's probably more your speed, since you can do it anytime within the 7 days.

Apollyon likes this.
  20. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

You're so close! By the next update, you'll have Strange ready. Yep, for me it's Chaos stones and time. I've been skipping out on WB during the week. SL brings good rewards, mainly bio and stone selectors. That's helped me get my 6* characters faster. (I'd rather not feed the BO guys until the character is already at 20 gear). Last 2 weeks I actually missed most of SL as I complete the daily tasks before anything else.

ryan4nayr likes this.