Umbaran Starfighter formation

Discussion in 'General' started by TheBeard, Oct 29, 2015.

1. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Looking for a theme for my alt. Seeing as my main form is clone based, I figure my alt could be a separatist theme. Initial thought:
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    • I'm looking for a formation with 3* and 4* exclusively.
    • Tri fighter meant to be Umbaran fighter with 8/15 Umbaran soldier as pilot, bubble shield, concussion missiles, and the sensor jammer as mods
    • Droidekas probably will all be sk 1, as will the umbaran pilot (hence, Lott Dod, Tac droid, and R2 will by my skills)
    • Support deck will be some combination of HP up, proximity, and prep skill up (not worrying about null since I don't plan to be high PG)
    • I have no experience with anything that is not a clone deck, so all input is appreciated :D :D :D
    • I would guess cost will float around the 280 range (it's 209 in the above picture, so without mods, pilot, and tri fighter instead of the umbaran one)

Dannik Jerikko and Harbinger2100 like this.
  2. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Or this. Cuz why not have fun with it

[​IMG]

Harbinger2100 likes this.
  3. roadburn12

roadburn12 Level 34

Idk how powerful the umbaran fighter will be, might want to toss a mas behind it for a extra boost

TheBeard likes this.
  4. lethaldragunov

lethaldragunov Level 21

With that Ray shield part, perhaps chuck the Umbaran Straighter in the frontline to soak up hits? And then you can add more boosting cards to him?
    Like:
    dynamic_deck_image.php.png

Harbinger2100 likes this.
  5. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Ooh I like that one. I'm wary of finding more 5* while my main is still in need of more, but at least Nute is worth pittance

6. BMpatrol

BMpatrol Level 17

Definitely put in two, so something more like this would be killer (Droid tris are the umbaran starfighter)

[​IMG]

The super boosted stats would demolish enemy vehicles forms because bubble shield nullifies the first 20 shots. I think Umbaran starfighter might actually be a pretty formidable vehicle

7. lethaldragunov

lethaldragunov Level 21

Especially against vehicles that attack less times per turn, like blizzards. Against mf, perhaps not so much. Still formidable tho.

BMpatrol likes this.
  8. newershadow

newershadow Level 15

I don't think even falcons can stand up to it - Umbaran Starfighter with 8/15 Umbaran Soldier, Ray shield, and 2x concussion missiles has 14042 attack before any boosts. Boosted by Mas/Nute, it goes up to 18254. At two attacks per turn, you get 10 attacks from one ship, and probably a lot more from the second once it has killed the falcon's partner ship. Against an offensive falcon (Han BoB/3x cracken) with no shield generators (~10k defense before boosts, 11k with Bail) you do 700-800 damage the first hit, and ~600-650 the second, so you're probably still killing it in that time.

I think something like a Blizzard/Tie Advanced (with Vader [Tie]) formation could give Umbarans problems though, as an optimal blizzard has ~12k defense before parts/boosts, and has slightly more health than a falcon, while Tie Advanced has up to 120 evade before a Mas boost compared to a relatively low accuracy (155 before Mas) from Umbaran SF.

9. lethaldragunov

lethaldragunov Level 21

I meant theoretically with the attack per turn. Like, mf attacks 4 per turn so the shield only lasts 5 turns....

Although, against blizz/tie... You could use the umbaran to draw tie fire for a bunch of turns while snow speeder is free to fire at the blizz.

10. roadburn12

roadburn12 Level 34

I ran a single Falcon form during the battle of Umbara event and it had a touch time beating the NPC who had a single shielded umbaran fighter. The NPC that ran double ray shielded fighters killed it every time

11. Mr Ptr

Mr Ptr Level 24

I could kill the double Ray shielded version, just. I had a B Wing, Falcon and a Speeder. The speeder was key as it reduced the number of turns the shield stayed up from 5>4, which allowed the Falcon to survive whilst the BWing soaked the other Ray shielded fighters hits, all three vehicles then twatted the last Umbarsn fighter. The Falcon cleaned up what was left over.

12. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

This is great input! The only real obstacles I have are the 8/15 Umbarans and skilling everything up :p which tbh are not insurmountable in comparison to other things