Trading Blacklist

Discussion in 'For Trade' started by MetalGeekMark, Oct 3, 2013.

1. MetalGeekMark

MetalGeekMark Moderator

Medals:
    As much as we may hate to admit it, there are bad people in all reaches of the universe. Help your fellow SWFC player avoid them by posting as much of their information as you have here.

If possible include: SWFC Name, Alt Names, Player ID, Line Name, E-Mail, Paypal, an explanation of what they did, and anything else to help us avoid trading with them.

Two simple rules to avoid being scammed:
    1. ALWAYS trade directly. Never gift or use "middle men."
    2. If you have to split a trade into multiple parts make sure each portion of the trade is equal value.

Note: This post is for scammers and thieves. Things like backing out of trades, while not good etiquette, are not blacklistable offenses. Negative feedback is enough in those situations.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. Gavindy

Gavindy Level 5

Agreed. But let's be careful ppl. For every 5 ppl that do scam, there is 1 that gets accused and they did nothin wrong. I'm all for calling out scammers. But please be careful. You don't want to ruin somebody's good name because a friend of a friend accused somebody. Please have proof. Thank you.

3. Skorpion

Skorpion Level 9

Agree completely with this statement.

4. Snape

Snape Level 10

And it's probably worth running a whitelist too. I have a couple of non allies I trade on trust with that I'd recommend.

Mfp, Sir Billcam and StakyPs like this.
  5. Caliber

Caliber Level 10

yes.
    My whitelist so far is:
    Darklord,Skorpion,Subzero
    Wingnut
    Sillymonkie

For those about to trade for 1st time with these users, these players are 100% trustworthy.

CryBabyCry likes this.
  6. NeoCHI

NeoCHI Admin Moderator Developer

We can use the feedback system to keep track of good traders. For every member you successfully traded with click on their user name and click "Leave feedback" from the popup window.

7. Dleavey81

Dleavey81 Level 3

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up. I may be jumping the gun a bit here and I won't name names yet as there may be a good reason for this but a trade was set up yesterday between myself and another member. I 'gifted' 8 base 4* cards on the promise I would get a max evo 4* card in return and until now I have received no card my end and no response to my multiple messages. I was also deleted as an ally.
    This happened around 12 hours ago and as I said, there may be a reasonable explanation for this.

Just thought if throw this out there and if I don't hear anything back soon I will name and shame.

8. Skorpion

Skorpion Level 9

This already sounds bad dude.. I really hope this gets cleared up or you get your cards back. Also, when doing large trades like this its best to 1) check their rep first & 2) send 1 card at a time or 1/2 at most. With 8x 4* being on the line, this was risky...hope everything works out. Wishing for the best

Sir Billcam likes this.
  9. Dleavey81

Dleavey81 Level 3

Thanks mate, I will learn from my mistakes. I guess I'm just too trustworthy lol

sowtf likes this.
  10. Mcbober

Mcbober Level 14

I only have eight 4* cards. Getting ripped for all of them would probably be cause for me to ragequit the game. Yikes man, I hope there's a good reason he's not around and you get your cards-!

sua sponte likes this.
  11. Fett008

Fett008 Level 16

I'm in a similar boat with a new member of this site. Still not gonna say names, but I have asked Dleavey81 if it is the same guy. We have/had a deal for 9 x 3* of mine (one being an Evo 1) for his 3*, and 2 x 4* cards. I only sent him 3 x 3* cards, and am waiting for anything in return. Member says he was having gifting issues, despite my instructions, and adding every imaginable card to my wishlist. Haven't had contact in game our on here for over 12 hours.

*edit: Confirmed, it is the same guy. At what point should we call him out to be on the blacklist? 24 hours? 48 hours?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  12. Fett008

Fett008 Level 16

If anyone else is having a questionable trade with a new member on here, please post up or message me. Need to know if we should call him out or not.

13. Dleavey81

Dleavey81 Level 3

I t
    Give it a few more how's fett and if we haven't heard anything I will. If he does have a reasonable explanation then I'll apologise but it does seem very fishy to be honest.

14. Fett008

Fett008 Level 16

I'm with you. I'd hate to call him out in case it is something honest (we all know how life can get), but at the same time I don't want anyone else to get scammed if that is what he is doing. It's a delicate balance, that would be much alleviated with a bit of communication from him.

15. MetalGeekMark

MetalGeekMark Moderator

Medals:
    I would give him a little while but the fact that he removed you as an ally after you sent him the cards is a huge red flag.

16. Fett008

Fett008 Level 16

And he changed his profile on here to private...

17. Skorpion

Skorpion Level 9

these are all HUGE red flags in my book. Already sounds like a scam, I'm sorry. I'm patiently waiting to see who it is now

Quick18 likes this.
  18. Fett008

Fett008 Level 16

I've accepted it as my fact at this point, but it would be nice if he comes through, especially for Dleavy

19. Dleavey81

Dleavey81 Level 3

I've accepted it too, we may as well name and shame to be honest. Don't want others being scammed too

20. AtitAgain07

AtitAgain07 Level 12

I say put the name out there. Then that player can explain their actions if it was a honest problem. Here is the thing, they can disappear quickly under new account unless the mods can do something with ip address to ensure they cant do it under that ip. I agree that deleting you as ally and not returning messages is all the proof needed.