To all of you that think you need to have a natural 5* to play well

Discussion in 'General' started by Insomnnia, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Insomnnia

Insomnnia Moderator

Screenshot_2014-07-25-12-35-01.jpg Hey guys!

I've come to the realization that many of you talk about not being able to play well due to not have any natural 5*s etc. You guys need to know that that is not the case as i don't have the best units. and even though i have many friends that do have natural 5*s, my ratings are still higher than them. I am also consistently in the top 1800s (while waiting for better units of course) so its how you build your team. and not what they are (to a certain point). even units like the fire fairy is pretty awesome (despair) So keep your heads up!

Cheers!

JChunks and Will Suero like this.
  2. Ariashi

Ariashi Level 10

To be honest, Julie, Orochi, Lushen, Rina and Chloe........

I don know what is your arena setup, but if that hellhound manage to even buff for a turn, Julie Orochi and Lushen will wreck havoc.

to get that kind of 4* good naturals aint easy feat too. I have too many 4* junks....

3. Yongseo

Yongseo Level 10

Ya what Ariashi said. Im level 29 now and Im struggling hard because so far ive only got TWO natural 4* and being fire phantom and wind sylph aint the top tier... Im getting wreck. Especially after the nerf on rina shield now I cant even defend. So yeah my complain would not be not getting 5* to win but rather "I CANT GET A GOOD 4* TO WIN ARENA! :'(" kind of complain.

4. Insomnnia

Insomnnia Moderator

Hey guys!

I understand that point about not having good natural 4*s either but you guys need to know that there are very underrated 3*s too! Some being:

Harpy (one of the better low tier AEs)
    Archers (painful auto + easy to skill up + lead passive)
    Fire Fairy (despair)
    Water werewolf
    Amazon

etcs. like if you really set them up to an element you can easily have a rather good offence! and all you would need is to shape your units to an element.

And always remember. shape your team to what you get. not just hope a particular unit will come your way.

Cheers!

5. Pugwest

Pugwest Level 8

my natural oracle was so op since I got her before everyone had Water Priest.... Was top 120 at one point and now I can't even get over 1500 Sword rank because every single person and their grandma has That dumb water priest. Literally the dumbest thing ever (rant mode). Who makes a life-stealing max hp damaging super shielding self healing unit and call it a 3 star / balanced monster... please..

6. Zevio

Zevio Level 11

Invest in a wind warbear against rina. In a long run, wind warbear do good in arena as well, not only countering rina.

7. Insomnnia

Insomnnia Moderator

+1 to Zevio.

8. colossk

colossk Level 7

No offense but you have got some of the best, most desirable 4* summons in the game. You don't need a 5* when you have those 4*'s Your post could be be taken a little more seriously if you didn't have Those 4*'s. Having said that your post is accurate but it's kinda silly coming from a poster who has summoned the 4*'s you have. Compare that to my summoned 4 *'s: Wind/Water Undine and Fire 9 tailed fox. I would give all 3 of those to you for any one of your summoned 4 *'s and I'll even let you pick which one.

Anyways to stay on point, I have managed to hit 1790 in the arena with all an all 3* team except 1 (Fire 9 tailed fox) who I use probably 50% of the time, a lot of the time my team is all 3*'s

9. TheFoxKill

TheFoxKill Level 8

Okay, I hate to break it to you but 5* are important. They have superior skills/stats and so they make it easier to climb the arena rankings. But even then, it's not the 5 stars/your units you'll have to worry about, but the runes you have on you. You can have fun in this game without a natural 5*, but to "play well" or be the best in the arena in the arena (which is really the ultimate goal of this game) you gotta have at least 6* runes. When you reach the top 10, and you both have the best runes, what the monsters are will decide who wins. I have a friend who is in top of the arena, and he owns several 5*, and even he admits that they are op (compared to other units) and they do make a difference in a battle. Saying they're not the most important is true, but they are very important especially if you decide on reaching the top 100.

10. colossk

colossk Level 7

You don't need 5* monsters to do well in this game, there are at least 100k + users of this game and if you can get in the top 1,000, which is doable without 5* monsters you are doing better than 99% of the other players out there. LOL saying being in the top 1 percentile is not doing well.

11. aganemas

aganemas Level 6

Yup, lets see what can he manage to do if after lv35 , the 4* he has only fire sylphid and fire nine tail fox.... Some people dont even realize when they are blessed beyond bless using summons. Mostly my units come from tier 2 units like Ramagos Ralph Elucia Sieq , and some from 3* like raoq , I can easily climb up to 1600 but i dont bother much because the main thing about arena is getting Glory Points , Addidtional 25 crystals and 1 2* creature weekly rewards are just lame compared to extra 100 glory points that you can farm everyday

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  12. colossk

colossk Level 7

You do realize that you can do both right? You can farm glory points all week long and rank up quick enough in the last 2 days while farming glory points on the way up to get at least 100 crystals each week.

13. aganemas

aganemas Level 6

I cant do both... my set up cannot get the 10 buff up everytime even when i am at 1500 rating, I have to choose the more compatible opponents for me. Where as if i go low enough, i can be earning 200 GP everyday instead of 100 GP a day ... Its the same as i am buying 700 GP with 25 crystals and a 2* monster as the cost, i think GP worth more than 25 crystals because the 2* creature is negligable.

14. DeathCrow

DeathCrow Level 11

are imps that good?

15. Tanshui

Tanshui Level 9

Even though OP does have good 4s I would say his point still stands. There's a difference between doing well and to dominate. You can do the former regardless of definition of doing well with countless common man combinations. Find one that is accessible and complements the creatures you have is the key to low-mid rank success (sub 1500).

But to dominate requires not only a good understanding of counter-combos and the variety of units to make use of that knowledge, good runes and good investment in said runes, and of course, some good natural borns.

I'm not as lucky as most. At level 29 My only two natural 4s are water phantom thief and... Water phantom thief. Granted, water thief did allow me to graduate from the despair AE train (two multi hit AEers with despair) and climb a bit higher rank but even before water mystic + water thief I was making do with wind pixie + water amazon. (I don't deny I certainly upgraded with the 4 star pull though). Just have to accept that I need to pick my spots and it's a serious uphill battle against guys with the good natural borns.

I still have plenty of fun and consider myself "doing well" even if I don't crush. Even started beating Giants B6 with my band of misfits today which I was quite proud of :)

16. DeathCrow

DeathCrow Level 11

Hey, i just started and hvnt been able to get any 4*. shud i restart and just roll??

Tanshui likes this.
  17. Tanshui

Tanshui Level 9

I wouldn't bother rerolling unless you are hell bent on doing so. This isn't one of those games where if you start weak you end weak. Even if you roll a 5 star to start you still need to build a team to support

18. thomasmgp

thomasmgp Level 6

my Awakened Wind Imp is only 4* and I can 1 shot Fire monsters in Arena.....so yea. It also helps that you can max out his skills in like 2 days.

making it into the top Arena rankings has absolutely nothing to do with 5*. It has everything to do with spending $100s or even $1000 of dollars. You will never see top 10 unless you spend a lot of money.

19. jh3618

jh3618 Level 7

lol this coming from a guy with lushen and julie. Of course you are doing fine without a 5*.... Do you know how many mobs can actually survive after hellhound buff/julie/lushen AOE? Not many.
    So yeah 5*s are not important when you got god-like 4*s

20. Logong

Logong Level 6

hahaha I have 6 star Lushen and with w mystic witch buff and a bird to give him another turn he single handly double aoes down the entire other team with my 6 star Raq cleaning up everything :) hope my combo can inspire u all to do something that cheap as well