The Captain & Commander's Lounge

Discussion in 'Legions' started by GQ79, Oct 23, 2014.

1. GQ79

GQ79 Level 52

The one great thing I've gleaned about merges, (all through observation, never having gone through one), is that if you're doing it right, you and the command crew are forced to adopt an "outside looking in" perspective while evaluating your crew's strengths and weaknesses pre-merge.

While rarely an entirely pleasant experience, having that perspective opened to you is a gift, (albeit more akin to a wrapped gift of new underwear, or socks, than the newest Toy you may have wanted).

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    sarahshukla, Mwags226 and Anon. like this.
  2. Mwags226

Mwags226 Level 12

The merger didn't go through but I did recruit 3 new members and all are fantastic so far.When a door shuts another opens.

SumiXam and Anon. like this.
  3. Rev16

Rev16 Level 7

So after the last LaW a few of the members and myself didn't like the direction the legion was going so a dozen of us branched out onto an alt ship one of our commanders had. Long story short we ended up with a lot of experienced players with some lower level pg 7or8 ish? Our captain and us commanders have now taken at least one of them under our wing and set up a list of things those players should/could do to get to the next level. (Line helps a lot with this) I think it's a great idea since it not only forms a good legion bond but also strengthens the legion as a whole. Just figured I'd throw out there for others to possibly use.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Mwags226 and GQ79 like this.
  4. Mwags226

Mwags226 Level 12

We do something similar in our legion. When we recruit someone who has a lower pg we usually have someone mentor them. Teach them about sk cards, combos, and trades. We had one player go from a 5 to an 11 in 2 laws. Which was awesome.

Michael702 and Rev16 like this.
  5. GQ79

GQ79 Level 52

So after almost 3 years, I have resigned my captaincy. I have a mountain of faith in the new Captain, @Hilo as my most available, and trusted adviser. I love my Rebels, but am looking forward to being allowed to be human...

6. Excellentkarma

Excellentkarma Level 42

Wow, just wow. Congrats? Sorry, just dont know what to say abuit this. I'm not even on the ship and I'm crushed. Lol

hammy~the~hamsta and SumiXam like this.
  7. Lady Valkyrie

Lady Valkyrie Level 7

We've been doing a giveaway on Valkyrie to start and now on Rebellion. We start a note after last battle and everyone makes a guess on our final rank. It's not based on attendance at all so everyone has a fair shot.

8. Lady Valkyrie

Lady Valkyrie Level 7

Need to ease back into the human thing so your body doesn't reject it. ;)

9. Excellentkarma

Excellentkarma Level 42

If it wasn't sticky'd this would be a heck of a Necro. Great resources and advice in this thread for newer legions. I know I found it invaluable when we started. :)

10. snarfoswald

snarfoswald Level 12

Haha yes it would. It was a source of so many good ideas and practices when I was new. I made all of my commanders read at least a certain amount of this as well. Many thanks to everyone who contributed. Absolutely invaluable.

Michael702, sarahshukla and GQ79 like this.
  11. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

There's been a lot of changes in the game and here. I finally updated my legion post as it was long overdue..

By the way, hi fellow Captains/Commanders, past and present!

12. Excellentkarma

Excellentkarma Level 42

Hello and good day to you as well!

sarahshukla, Apollyon and Betta Gutta like this.
  13. Mr. W

Mr. W Level 11

Anybody have any experience with a player named "Waiter Hyper"? He started begging a member of my legion for a trade and when it they couldn't agree, he kept badgering. I told my guy just to block him and all was good for a few minutes then he started sending messages to all the players my guy was working on trades with and bashing my guy. I've read a majority of all the messages from both of their pages and this waiter hyper is nuts. My guy just unblocked him and asked him to stop but the only reply is a demand to trade him the card he wants "or else". We've reported it to Konami but we all know how well that usually works. Just a heads up to the other captains/commanders to watch out for this guy

sarahshukla likes this.
  14. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

If he continues then the most you can do is just ignore it, its a different case than with "the oracal" because oracal has multiple people intervening in trades, one guy who probably sounds rather butthurt shouldn't stop people from trading with your mate. Also he will probably move on in a few days or less if he sees hes not really getting to your guy.
    It doesn't sound like a good situation but by all means don't do the trade, its not worth it, and he would just come back for more.

Cory Iversen likes this.
  15. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

Have your guy delete his received messages for a few days, until the crazy one blows over, that way he won't have to worry about interference.

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  16. Rean411

Rean411 Level 15

I had this idea and posted it to my legion. Any advice on how to do it if we decide to?

I believe our legion and possibly our fleet could become a great force in this game. Here is the idea I have for a goal for our legion. What do you think of having the Jedi squad ship be a training ship for many members at the same time? These members could be any level above 20. The training ship would have a core group of maybe 10 members who where seasoned professionals at pg 10 or higher. And the rest would be trainees. Then once enough members reached a high pg level such as pg10+ those members would have the option of moving to a new ship. The training ship would have a constant number of probably 30+ members and new ships would gain members as they became available. Core ship members such as those currently in the black rogues would also have the option of commanding one of the new ships for themselves if they wanted. Line app would most likely be required at least for the captains so that they could keep up with legion policies and for help. This would help prevent us from spreading out too much and losing track of what each other is doing. What do you guys think? Is this something that may be possible to implement?

Also. What do you guys think of having an account strictly for card storage? We could set up an account on someone's extra device so that we could all donate into it and use it for legion prizes, extra help and other such events for the legion or fleet. Let me know what you think on main chat and personal as you wish.

17. Kylo has an 8-pack

Kylo has an 8-pack Level 25

Greetings all! Former commander of 'star dogs 2: a new hope' here, hoping to get into contact with a few of the guys there without re-installing the game and thought this might be a good place to start

18. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

Hey captains and commanders!
    Our ship does a no entry fee giveaway after every law (only people who participated get in) and I was wondering if yall had some suggestions on how to run it? I'm out of ideas to keep it interesting. Any suggestions?

19. Sita

Sita Level 13

Hi!
    I have a question regarding the crew roles and their required "balance" between EP capacity and battle srength.

My thoughts about it are the following:

Infiltrators:
    - max battle strength
    - EP "unimportant"

Security team:
    - max battle strength
    - EP "unimportant"

Pilots:
    - max EP
    - max ships
    - battle strength "unimportant"

Engineers:
    - max EP
    - battle strength "unimportant"

Example:

1. PG 13 , 100 EP
    Good for infiltrators and securety team

2. PG 11 , 300 EP
    Good for Engi and Pilots (with ship)

Any thoughts? Did I miss something?

Thanks for your input! ☺

20. English Dave

English Dave Level 32

When you say battle strength are you actually meaning the number that's given in game or are you meaning it in a generic term of how strong the form is vs other forms? The in game battle strength number is not a good indicator of how good a form is.