The Captain & Commander's Lounge

Discussion in 'Legions' started by GQ79, Oct 23, 2014.

1. darth_bacon

darth_bacon Level 6

Butchers of Ruusan joining the convo. ahoy mateys

GQ79 and Apollyon like this.
  2. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

Hello there.

3. DarthTaz

DarthTaz Level 10

Hello
    Just thought I would stop by I am captain of the legion Jedi ghost council in game name death

4. GQ79

GQ79 Level 52

Hey Taz :)

5. DarthTaz

DarthTaz Level 10

Hey just thought I would check this out and see what it all about since I run a respectable top 500 legion in the last law and attempt to do some recruiting

6. Alemendei

Alemendei Level 1

Hi guys. Sort of new so was just ghosting. How's everyone?

7. Hu Chi

Hu Chi Level 41

Non-responsive

8. Excellentkarma

Excellentkarma Level 42

This game is soooo fun, and legions have always been the best part for me (well and vehicles, who doesn't want their own Millennium Falcon?).
    Forging a brotherhood with like minded individuals is extremely rewarding and can be interesting with all of the possible cultural and linguistic differences. We have level 43 ship and have placed in the top 100 a couple of times. I was feeling like I have been through the gambit and seen everything from Role rage to Rage quits.
    Everyday brings a new surprise though and change is the only constant in life. It's important to keep in mind that although you can have 40+ people that all want to succeed, that idea of success can vary greatly. I try to listen to and respect the views of all my crew but eventually the buck stops here and hard decisions have to be made, yes even in a simple game these decisions are hard and at times heart breaking. These are real people with real feelings and I work hard to keep that in mind but sometimes hurt feelings and emotional blow back is going to happen. You can just hope that at these times you make the right decision.
    I'm not entirely sure why I feel the need to share this but if for nothing else to offer a bit of sincere advice, stay the course and use your resources to get multiple perspectives. Don't make rash decisions and always prepare for the worst while hoping for the best. Try to treat people as you would want to be treated and be as fair to them as you would yourself.

I wish you all success on this journey and hope you have as much fun as I do, even in the difficult times.

9. Hildy

Hildy Level 25

I will like it as it is very good insight.. yet I was a little reluctant as this seriously sounds like a retirement speech....

Excellentkarma likes this.
  10. Excellentkarma

Excellentkarma Level 42

Haha, no retirement for me and just sharing a bit. Im no quitter!

11. AricoLucsan

AricoLucsan Level 3

Is there an established Line Chat room for Top 100 Legion Captains?

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  12. GQ79

GQ79 Level 52

I know there's at least one for a segment of the top few. One of the other guys will have to let you know though. I don't use Line myself.

13. Mwags226

Mwags226 Level 12

Hello commander of feel the force legion. I was wondering if any of you guys had expierance with small merges

GQ79 likes this.
  14. GQ79

GQ79 Level 52

About to get on the road, but if you skim back, we've talked about those in depth in the past. I believe @Anon. Went through one fairly recently.

Anon. and Mwags226 like this.
  15. Mwags226

Mwags226 Level 12

Thank you very much

16. Mwags226

Mwags226 Level 12

Thank you so much this is an awesome thread filled with great information.

17. Anon.

Anon. Level 32

Yep, bored you to death talking about it, too ;)

@Mwags226, how many people do both legions have, how well do you know them, and most importantly, how do the guys feel about it?
    If you can't get everyone into the same ship and don't have a place where everyone can talk, people are going to feel left out and that's never good for anyone.
    Knowing a guy or two from the other legion can be a big help in getting to know and trust each other; if you can trust them, you can generally trust the guys they're with.
    If the guys don't want to do it, then trying to make them do it is the worst decision you can make; we took a vote before merging and it turned out well.

You also need to know you've both got the same goals to give yourself the best chance of avoiding any of the drama that comes with having half the legion wanting to move on to bigger things.

Are there any more specific details you'd like to ask about?

@Mr Ptr might also be able to help with this.

Edit: I'd also make a point of being trusting of the guys in the other legion, mainly by setting a good example: gifting cards, not needing collateral e.t.c

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    Mr Ptr, Mwags226 and SumiXam like this.
  18. Mwags226

Mwags226 Level 12

I'm not sure it will work out. The other legion wanted a lot of things that weren't going to happen. I really appreciate all the helpful advice and this thread is absolutely fantastic. Looks I'll be recruiting again.

SumiXam, GQ79 and Anon. like this.
  19. Anon.

Anon. Level 32

If there's too much doubt, you're doing the right thing.

SumiXam, GQ79 and Mwags226 like this.
  20. Mr Ptr

Mr Ptr Level 24

I can only echo Anon's advice. As far as Legion merges go: do your homework, trust your instincts, ensure your crews are fully engaged and make a team decision.

Legion merges are a risky business (I recently had a trawl through historic AI threads and encountered the "Itsme" scandal) so you have to be sure it's the right decision.

SumiXam, GQ79, Mwags226 and 1 other person like this.