*TFA SPOILERS* *DO NOT READ* *TFA SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'General' started by SweeperArias, Dec 17, 2015.

1. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    Stamp out da pain XD.

ScottP and hammy~the~hamsta like this.
  2. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

Seems like it would make it hurt more.

3. SweeperArias

SweeperArias Level 44

keep the pain fresh so he stays alert

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  4. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

Hmmm yes that could be the case. It did look weird though

5. tarugo

tarugo Level 12

I was also thinking, what was chewie's relationship with Kylo before he was Kylo. He should have been like a favorite uncle when he was growing up. This was not explored.

6. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    So...a flashback in VIII to Ben as a kid riding piggyback on Chewie.....right before Ben kills Chewie.

7. tarugo

tarugo Level 12

something like that. it would make the moment more powerful.

8. Vinoveritas

Vinoveritas Level 19

It is also interesting that the man who had the map knew exactly who Kylo Ren was. Add that to the fact that the man with the map just happens to be on the same planet Rey was left and we may have a character to be explored in a later film. I'm thinking there is also more to the man with the map.

9. Tmyk421

Tmyk421 Level 16

Are you thinking another old Ben situation?

10. ScottP

ScottP Level 30

Dull the pain?

11. hansel

hansel Level 11

someone call the whambulance for these people, they whine more that an Anakin with a boo boo

12. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

I hope Luke kisses Rey and then finds out later that she's his daughter, I'd laugh my ass off.

13. SweeperArias

SweeperArias Level 44

I have hope that the writers of the next movie will make up some shit to explain the bullshit of TFA.
    And I have hope that the TFA Extended Edition will give Luke a badass reveal and a word or two to say. (Disney is evil enough to do that for a buck.)

14. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Psst.
    Sweeper.
    Come closer.
    Closer....
    No, uncomfortably close.
    midichlorians

15. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

A few notes on Kylo (stop called by him Ren, he's a knight of Ren, it's a title not a last name).

Kylo was shot and bleeding by Chewie, then he got tagged in the shoulder by Finn. Rey was able to pull the lightsaber past him because Kylo had to be using a lot of his power to keep himself healed or at least prevent himself from getting worse. Also Rey was completely fresh, Kylo was beaten the fk up.

Not all Bad guys are Darth Maul, get over it. They're developing his character.

Kappirox, Ash Skirata and Betta Gutta like this.
  16. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 46

It might not have been so bad if it had been:
    Han - "I love you."
    Kylo - "I know... you fool."

or something like that.

SweeperArias likes this.
  17. zaymac

zaymac Level 43

But, how do you stop a blaster bolt mid air and hold it there, as well as good old Poe... And then take a blaster shot from Chewie (OK you just killed your dad and were distracted, I'll give you that) and THEN let an inexperienced force and lightsaber user like Finn even come close to nicking you in the shoulder?

I get he was beat up. But as soon as Finn ignited the lightsaber he should've been able to pull it from his hands, or launch Finn into the trees with a Force push. No matter how injured he was, he still should've been able to do that. But alas...

18. jkfp19

jkfp19 Level 19

Exactly. Despite all of Lucas's problems one thing he didn't do was break the "rules" of his universe. Abrams just does stuff because cool. Based on Both the OT and PT skywalkers have the most potential of anyone. Kylo has been trained for as long as episode 3 anakin so should be roughly the same (i.e. On the level of the emperor and yoda or in other words one of the most powerful force users ever) and that is shown with his freezing blaster bolts and people (including Rey). Something NO One has done. So even if Rey is a skywalker, she beats him in a force pull (something that in 3 years Luke could BARELY do) and he loses to Rey and nearly Finn (who loses to a random stormtrooper). So that must mean kylo is as weak as a random stormtrooper?

Argue about the bowcaster but guess what? Same issue. Abrams spends all movie displaying its power (at one point it hits someone so hard it kills someone standing next to them!). People die from thigh hits (while wearing armor). Kylo takes a center of mass shot in robes and is slightly annoyed. Really? He OUTRUNS the "fresh" Rey and Finn across the landscape.

Argue all you want but the writing in the latter half is the worst of the saga (despite in a technical film aspect being the best in the saga)

lethaldragunov and zaymac like this.
  19. Kappirox

Kappirox Level 14

The whole Han has never used Chewie's bowcaster has meaning. It takes a lot of strength to use, and packs a punch. Hana has never used it as there's no need, and it would take too much effort. That showed that Kylo really took a hit.

SweeperArias likes this.
  20. Dark Killer 2

Dark Killer 2 Level 21

not, but force and jedis are the essence of the series, the problem with Poe Dameron isn't a Jedi or Master of the Force, anyway the irrealistic I said is because Abrams it showed as videogame pilot with maneuvers and Tie shootings, see the movie again and look