Still Playing?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Assault Team' started by eakdaman, Sep 19, 2014.

1. eakdaman

eakdaman Level 12

Are people still holding out help that Disney will actually provide an update? I have given up myself. I hope to be proven wrong but it looks like they abandoned this game.

2. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

Now that Commander is available for Android and Windows, I think just about everyone has abandoned it.

3. Vidsa Mabue

Vidsa Mabue Level 10

Not that I have left the game, until Disney put new content have nothing to do.
    While I'm a happy player Commander for Android

4. dr fun

dr fun Level 8

:confused::)I still play but im a star wars nerd .

5. Ryan Wolfe

Ryan Wolfe Level 8

I resemble that remark.

TheKraken likes this.
  6. spacey76

spacey76 Level 15

I'm really into commander.I'm usually not a huge fan of this style of game but being star wars I decided to give it a go and am glad i did.I'm hooked now!.My SWAT app won't even open so i gave up until a possible update which i doubt will be any time soon.i was only playing to collect my daily gems anyway..I hate that they shut down on SWAT because i loved it..All things must eventually end..I hope they don't suck people into commander and then crap all over it also..Enjoyed all the peeps and discussions in this forum.Hope to see it continue in the commander forum.:):D:)

7. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

Yeah I'm not sure what it means for the future having Windows separate again. It is a slightly different developer, Playdom. I joined their Commander forum, but the rules are pretty strict. Someone used "Playdumbdumb" as their name and got banned, though their post is still visible(?). No bumps allowed either, treated as spamming.

No talking about other games like SWAT allowed, makes you appreciate the free speech here. A couple of the ios Commander players are on both forums, like knotty and filthy sinbag.

https://www.playdomforums.com/forumdisplay.php?569-General-Discussion-(Star-Wars-Commander)

8. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

I still play the arena some. I have to have something to do while I'm waiting for my base to update in Commander.

spacey76 likes this.
  9. spacey76

spacey76 Level 15

i downloaded a new game tonight called Evoker:magic card game..it has mixed reviews so not sure how it will be..has anyone played it before?

cieni likes this.
  10. TheKraken

TheKraken Level 15

Sadly less and less.. I'll hang around until the end of the arena season to see what happens. It takes up a lot of space on my phone so not sure after the season if it will warrant taking up that space anymore. For what it's worth it was a lot of fun, and a lot of you here on the forum made it even more fun :)

MMIVbeerbottles and Minkee77 like this.
  11. MMIVbeerbottles

MMIVbeerbottles Level 18

I downloaded SW:Com an hour or so ago from the oh so cheesy Win Store... oddly, they haven't put it in any of the New Categories at all... both it & SWAT only seem to turn up if Search is used. Anyway, I've been doing a search for SW:Com every day or two, so they've only added it since Friday I think. I checked the Store info & it shows everything as Disney Corp, no mention of Playdom at all... phones & tabs different subcontractor maybe?

Ah! Playdom is a Disney subsidiary... from Wikipedia: "It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Disney Interactive, itself a division of The Walt Disney Company." These big corps do love hiding behind multitudes of subsidiaries don't they? No doubt makes them completely impervious to any type of product responsibility & legal actions. :( Case in point where Disney Corp PR comes off as still loving all the little kiddies, but its subsidiaries needn't - again from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playdom "In May 2011, Playdom has been ordered by the Federal Trade Commission to pay $3 million in fines for collecting and disclosing children's information without parental approval.[14] "

Anyway... I'm now also in the SW:Com forum on App Invaion too... from what you describe about Playdom's forum, I think I'll skip that one... they'd ban me pretty damn quick once I start in on my anti Disney rants anyway. :D 'Filthy Sinbag' huh? LOL Wonder if it's Rupert Murdoch playing SW:Com? :D :D :D

TheKraken, Minkee77 and spacey76 like this.
  12. MMIVbeerbottles

MMIVbeerbottles Level 18

SWAT is still working for me on my Win laptop (still locked out of my Android Tab %$@&!!!) - sort of, takes two or three tries to get it started. Like you, I'm just collecting the daily gems & also just curious as to whether they'll ever do anything with or to it. Maybe this is OS corps strategy for getting rid of apps without having to admit it... just don't update & make the glitches & crashes so bad everyone will eventually uninstall. Ho hum! :)

spacey76 likes this.
  13. MMIVbeerbottles

MMIVbeerbottles Level 18

Are you playing SW:Com now too?

I noticed in the game description some thing about stealing 'camps' from other players... . . . <EG>
    -

14. MMIVbeerbottles

MMIVbeerbottles Level 18

LATER: Me again... my apologies for over posting but this seems like the most appropriate place for this one. I've been browsing the SW:Com posts here on AppInvasion & on reading the long "The Squad Thread" knew it's not the game for me... please don't read that as any form of criticism or anything like that, it's not - just me. Also the game layout is the type I don't usually play, I'm more the full scene graphic 'full immersion" type I guess.

So, unless something happens with SWAT - which seems to be highly unlikely - I just want to say I've enjoyed meeting so many friendly, enjoyable & helpful people here... thank you!

I truly think you'll thoroughly enjoy SW:Com & have a blast playing it. Have fun peoples! :)

Cheers! MMIVbeerbottles
    -

spacey76 and TheKraken like this.
  15. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

Yeah i wasn't excited about the format at first. I came across an article on it early in the summer, when it was Australia only. You can zoom the screen and the graphics are decent. The rebel bases have a Tatooine/Naboo style to them. The empire bases remind me of Robotech (machina?)

I think because I can play as Empire made it better. Besides the characters, the most memorable thing about the original trilogy was the machines/vehicles. You can get ATSTs and speeder bikes pretty early in Commander.

I didn't realize empire only attacks rebels and vice versa. So if there is a majority, they get attacked less.

spacey76 and MMIVbeerbottles like this.
  16. TheKraken

TheKraken Level 15

Not playing SW:Com. In two minds about it, might give it a wurl after SWAT arena season ends. Judging from some of the reviews it looks as though it's being slowly crippled like SWAT was so I might regret starting late.

p.s
    GOLD!!!

spacey76 and MMIVbeerbottles like this.
  17. JonFen

JonFen Level 5

I was on Windows and quit because they weren't updating it. I was fairly high level. Got an Android and was excited to get back into it with the new characters. I enjoyed it until I needed Luke in the missions and I was not given the character. Tried using gems, but never got him (got dups of Han instead). I have quit again.

I keep it installed hoping to see an update...

18. Mumbling Mac

Mumbling Mac Level 7

My daughter is in tears because of the notice that we got that the game will be retired on October 29, 2014. Is there any other games that have this type of play style?

19. TheKraken

TheKraken Level 15

Where did you get that notice?

20. StewieDoo

StewieDoo Level 8

It was when you opened the game.