Squad Battle Arena

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes' started by Dannik Jerikko, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

I've decided to stop caring about the arena ranking. I know I have a solid team, I just can't bring myself to burn crystals on it. I hate relying on the AI to control my team, especially if my strategy is to be conservative and not burn my cooldowns on round 1, which is pretty much the opposite of what AI does.

2. Jewmangi

Jewmangi Level 37

Don't really need to spend crystals in arena if you camp outside a rank. Unless you want to be in the top 100 then I would say you need crystals lol. I camp outside the top 200 consistently and then plop it to take my place since after rank 200. The arena tokens only increase in increments of 25

3. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

That's a great point about AI friendly teams. I was getting bounced constantly until switching to more of an autopilot friendly team. Cutting some badass characters for synergy is definitely worth it.
    Way I figure it, if you think you'll ever have interest in climbing arena, best to start soon. Maybe I got really lucky in my server and am just talking out of my ass though.

4. roadburn12

roadburn12 Level 34

Old daka is a beast on Ai Defence, I sweat they boost the ability %'s for defenders. I faced a guy whose Old Daka revived itself 3 times with its passive effect where as mine couldnt revive anything :banghead:

5. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

Oh, they have different servers? Sheeeit. I was wondering how so many people I knew were in the top 50 or whatever.
    I noticed that too, I think I made a post about it way back when.
    My problem is I'll get bumped maybe 200 places down, and the 5 freebies daily is barely enough to get me back to where I was the previous day.

6. Jewmangi

Jewmangi Level 37

Thats fair I suppose, I don't get bumped down too hard and most of the people just knock me down to 206 and let me rot there lol

7. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Internet's full of lies :cigar:
    Can always scope your server's ranks and see if you wanna throw hands with the upper echelon.
    I can see the deep pockets on my server slowly creeping to pace me out, but it'll be awhile with the strategy I'm using and already made back my crystal investment at least 25 fold.
    Crystals back into energy resets for gear/xp/training, making it a self sustaining cycle. Add in shipments, it's shi shi as fuck and highly recommended.

Again, that may just be server luck (making me a bit of an asshole), but it's worth a gander.

Dannik Jerikko likes this.
  8. Jewmangi

Jewmangi Level 37

Side note guys, Leia is one ridiculously powerful character.

9. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

Yeah, whatever server I'm on has top players in the upper 50s, but I'm still able to keep in the top 50 pretty easily. I finished rank 19 about a minute ago for the reset and got a nice 200 Crystals and 775 Arena Tokens. And all that is only with the 5 free battles, no payign for extra ones.

Really? I haven't run into a player using her, but when I fought her in 5-E through 5-H, she was the weakest among her, Chewie, and Old Ben.

10. Jewmangi

Jewmangi Level 37

Leia is a purchase only unit... This makes her overall pretty lame but if you have her with a crit and crit damage+ (aka sidious) she is just hilarious. I don't have him but I use her with ig-86 or had her with my friends Qui gon. Basically you can turn 1 stealth (critical damage+ 25% with 25% chance to increase offense). Then you use her basic attack which has a chance to attack 3 times. This also applies to attacks when she assist people. Each time she attacks she also has a chance to provide crit chance up to the entire team. I have had this proc a crazy amount of times.

Her speed is also in the 100s making her reliable to get her stealth off ^__^

She is legit unit, is she elite tier? Probably not but she has synergy with crit teams, assist teams, and she can avoid being focus fired because of her stealth. She looks like a solid tier 2 unit worst case. I rate her in a star rating easily as a 4/5 unit the purchasing part is just lame lol

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  11. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

Three attacks? She never did that in the Regular battles she was in. Granted, I took her out very fast, but still. That sounds pretty good.

My other problem is I just can't bring myself to use Sidious as my leader. Barriss is just so good.

12. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

I've been crit-slapped by Leia before. She also stealths so she is annoying to take down. You have to focus her first turn if you wish to avoid her buffing. I generally leave her until last, hoping my DPS will outpace her.

13. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

So the new team I've been building is:

Boba-Fett (Leader). 6*
    Leia 4*
    Barriss almost 5* (or Luminara).
    Poggle the lesser almost 5*(attack up)
    Tarkin (offense down). 5*

I can swap some out, but Leia is a true beast. Crit damage from any of them would be huge from Boba's leader skill.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  14. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

No Sidious? He'd be better than Boba, since he also boosts crit chance. Less crit damage, but you'll make up for it.

15. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

I have Sid 6*, boba does his area ability block, technically does the same as immune to healing, but Sid is one target and you have to hope that he hits the same target as Leia, also Sid normally does his area attack when on defense, then he switches to one shots.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  16. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Love your atk up/down combo, it's really brutal to face. Seems pretty well rounded, you still rocking the Arena rankings? I'd go Lumi over Barriss in any team using a single lower health character.

How often does Leia's crit chance up proc? Haven't used her, but everyone loves her.

17. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

Leia hits like a train, even if stuff does not proc she can do normal crits for over 2k. It doesn't sound like much but I've seen her do 4 attacks in a row, and none were from counter attacks either.
    She always gets crit up and the team normally gets it too, she also has a 40% chance to increase her own damage for 3 turns.

I was thinking about dumping my tarkin for a 4* first order tie pilot or a 6* IG-86.

18. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

I've heard that even at higher levels, FO TIE Pilot has very low health. Low enough that he'll be targeted and taken out before getting off a shot.

binary flotsam likes this.
  19. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

That sounds reliable enough to look at Leia for GW if nothing else. All these interesting characters... Killing me.
    FO TIE pilot is indeed porcelain, you definitely pay for his attack. Both TIE and Leia are really interesting with Poe's 2 turn taunt, but going to wait to hear before investing.

IG-86 would work great with Poggle. Are you not liking Tarkin, or just looking for a change?

20. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

Still setting the team up, they should be ready by Sunday at the latest, takes a lot of equipment and training remotes.