Squad Battle Arena

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes' started by Dannik Jerikko, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

Has anyone noticed a change in the difficulty of Squad Battle Arena? I'm in the top 500 in rank (467 I think?) and I am coming across enemies with a total squad power of 5500ish. My squad power is something like 7700ish. I am getting absolutely ravaged in the arena right now. I have had situations where I haven't even gotten a turn because it seems like every single one of their CC skills procs, every time. Chewbacca as a leader has a 25% chance of boosting defense, not a 100% chance, yet I can't get a single proc and they get all of them? It feels like the AI defense is skewed. at 2200 power more (that's 2 decent built characters, mind you) I should be rampaging through these clowns. I am not. Baffling.

Jewmangi likes this.
  2. timokimm3

timokimm3 Level 13

I am at a lowly 2500 rank and haven't experienced this where I am... that is very odd

3. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    Same. As the days go by, my ranking gets lower and lower, and it seems that power is turning into Battle Strength...

4. roadburn12

roadburn12 Level 34

im sitting at around 1500 and while the battles have been getting tougher i havent noticed a drastic increase in difficulty

5. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

My team is a bit OP, haven't noticed it getting any harder. In the patch notes they did say that they gave us control of our team in squad battles and made the enemy team more powerful to compensate for us having control.
    Not sure if that helps or not, but if its getting harder do not play on auto.

6. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

I never play on auto. It just seems that the enemy CC proc rates are insanely high. I just feel as if no matter what, a 2200 difference (40% strength difference in this case) should be a blowout, not a crushing defeat on my end.

7. Sammy24u

Sammy24u Level 11

I have noticed that enemy teams in Arena have a slight speed and it seems stat advantage for equal heroes.

However, the AI still seems to perform poorly and simply focusing Attacks and picking the right targets seems to still give me a huge advantage. Sometimes I end in a draw, but rarely lose. I am in top 5 in my Arena.

Dannik Jerikko likes this.
  8. kyroo

kyroo Level 16

The arena is absolute garbage for me right now. Due to terrible RNG (and not buying the Dooku pack) at level 42, I've got 8k power, and my only 4* is a Chewbacca. 95% of all my opponents have 10k+ power with 4 and 5* rare leaders like Bariss, Sid, Mace, Cad Bane, etc, and the ones that are actually weaker than me (supposedly) absolutely thrash me. I've had fights where it's just his one dooku left versus 3 of my guys, and he solos all of them. One person's leader was a 1*, gear 4, level 39 clone sergeant, yet he was doing 30% more damage than my 2*, gear 5, level 42 clone sergeant consistently (also mine was never applying the reduced battle meter on his AoE, to add insult to injury). All in all, I'm enjoying this game a shit ton more than SWFC, but the arena (which was my main love for the first 3-4 days) has shit the bed in a 3 XXL Chipotle burritos and two 12 packs kinda way.

9. roadburn12

roadburn12 Level 34

Well i think iv reached the arena wall too now, still sitting around the same rank but suddenly everyones power and squads seemed to have got a massive boost and since iv run a 3 healer/defensive squad i always end up timing out against all of them

10. kyroo

kyroo Level 16

I've been at rank 1600 for like 3 days. I can't beat anyone, but no one will attack me either. It's a real problem for trying to complete the achievements and unlock Vader.

11. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

I went from rank 300 something to 1100 overnight. I then have struggled to beat teams with 2-3k less power than me despite my targeting strategies, etc. Fought a guy who had a level 34 chewie as his leader (I assume his chewie was max level for his current level) and his jedi consular is healing 400-500 more health on aoe heals than my level 40 with the healing skill bumped to level 3, and he's at gear level 4. I don't know his guy's exact layout, but I'm sure I should be healing more than he is.

12. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

I secured 1st place 3 nights in a row.
    My team is:

Barriss
    Dooku
    Anakin
    Old Daka (Consular before)
    Chewie (Mace before)

Barriss is my leader, most of my team have max gear for their level.
    This combo seems to scare most off. I'm at the #2 spot now and will go for first again with 5 minutes left.

Mace is great for attacking (his skill can get rid of Chewie's taunt so you can focus that healer down faster), but chewie helps me hold my position more along with both healers.
    Pick one team and focus on them. Keep them maxed out too.

13. Jewmangi

Jewmangi Level 37

I am bouncing around in rank 200 - 100s probably could push higher but its extremely hard.

Team is

Dooku 4*
    Chewie 3*
    Savage 4*
    Ima gun di 4*
    ig 86 3*

14. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

Ima Gun Di would be a great leader if you had more Jedi. Keep doing squad cantina battles for Chewies shard, I just got my Chewie to 5 star.

15. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

My team is:

Dooku 3*
    Maul 4*
    Boba Fett 4*
    Barriss Offee 4*
    Tailia 4*

Dooku is 18/30, so I'll get him to 4* eventually. Old Daka would replace Tailia, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Sidious when I get him. Boba has got a strong attack and lives up to his tank designation, but Dooku has to stay and Maul does some serious AOE damage, especially with Sidious boosting him. Barriss is just a beast with her healing. Decisions, decisions . . .

Dannik Jerikko and Jewmangi like this.
  16. Throatneedle

Throatneedle Level 10

I started a week ago but I'm in the 320 range.

Here's my team:

4* Chewie
    4* Talia
    4* Mace
    4* Luminara
    3* Dooku

17. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

Nice throat, if you can replace Talia with Barriss then go for it, but $50 can be a tough sell.

Get Dooku to 4* as well, then you're in business and should be top ten easily (depends on level too).

18. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Managed to grind my way into top 10. Crystal refreshes pay for themselves so it's a major pain in the ass to stay top 5.
    Have to be around for the 45 minutes before rewards. Pretty fun, really.

What do you all think of the 5 minute timer?

19. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    I honestly can't think a reason why the timer exists other than a way to get microtransactions.

I'm going to use my 5 free battles. The timer won't change that.
    I can either battle right away, or do something else for those 5 minutes (maybe a challenge or mission), then come right back.

20. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Arena is brilliant for a crystal vacuum. Get them going in while grinding and during. I find the 5 battle refresh to be absolutely worth it if you can rank, perhaps the cooldown will payoff someday. Bit of a gamble.

Was referring to the 5 min in battle timer though :cigar:
    Figured out the reason right after I posted, derp. You can't battle for a slot if someone is already battling for it. With an infinite timer you could just sit on your rank until rewards come.
    Guess they used to award a win to whoever had the most characters at timer end, which seems much better.

Dannik Jerikko and EllBringa like this.