So I've been looking at the chanjar details recently and...

Discussion in 'General' started by TPW, Jan 11, 2017.

1. TPW

TPW Level 54

I've always dismissed using half a chanjar. You want to get rid of the opposing card's efficiency as much as possible. But some random thoughts & math about it have changed my mind a bit.

However, if the enemy row of personal combat skill cards is nullified, then you're only looking at some def up that you want to tone down a bit.

Suppose you use Chanjar + 1 def up skill and your opponent does the same: You have 7.5% def up and your opponent has that too.
    Suppose you use JJBGS + 2 def up skills and your opponent uses Chanjar: your opponent has his 25% def up effect reduced to .6 (-40%) of that, leaving 15%. You have 50% def up reduced to 30% of that, also leaving 30%.
    Suppose you use JJBGS +2 def up skills and your opponent uses 3x def up: your opponent has his 75% def up reduced to .6 (-40%) of that, leaving 45%. You have 50% def up and that is not going to be reduced, so it is 50%.

So to conclude, if you use JJBGS and no 4* SCP, your def up skill will be at least as good as your opponent's. If you have cards with a bigger base defense, you're still winning on it. If you use 1x JJBGS and your opponent uses 3x def up, your def up boost is even bigger.

This one is definitely good for boosted mids I think.

Thoughts? Especially about formations where this wouldn't work.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. MovOp

MovOp Level 22

Yes, I believe that this is true. Running both chanjar pieces seems a bit extensive. If you have boosted shorts, having both parts is better. Boosted mids still have a part in their deck that relies on skills, even if the mid is nulled. Plus, no one really likes chanjar these days;)

3. GiantPenguinCavalier

GiantPenguinCavalier Level 42

wait, nevermind. i get it. long day at work.

Space likes this.
  4. Space

Space Level 36

it's a weird way of talk about it. Had me do a double take too.

Use just one please do! will make my life easier. 40% reduction to my eva is often not enough to stop the eva wall of doom

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  5. TPW

TPW Level 54

Changed the 60% to .6 (-40%). Would that make more immediate sense.

6. Invadersir

Invadersir Level 20

Interesting. I've just always thought to use High base Def cards that way you don't have to worry about Chan Jar As much.

7. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 46

This was my thought. I need the 70% reduction to beat space.

That's really all that matters ;)

Space and MovOp like this.
  8. THEROBIN

THEROBIN Level 23

That makes sense when you look at it from the basis of prep skills only. But the potential to eliminate any combat skill cards (such as snipers) not under nullify is of greater benefit and is what makes chanjar the cancer of the game.