Secondary Stats

Discussion in 'Gears and Materials' started by DocHolliday, Jun 12, 2015.

1. SOUPSOUP

SOUPSOUP Guest

IMO unless netmarble is planning on making skills that use both physical and energy attack stats, All Attack should be removed from gears. Since the amount of bonus from gear roll has barely any difference, as long as skills calculates only one attack type, it doesn't really mater which attack type they use. Besides, I think many of the skills do make sense. For example Vision and Black Bolt are energy attack based heroes, but their dash still deal physical dmg, vice versa for War Machine and Mk44.

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Level 8

Had a thought regarding recovery rate: if it increases healing from orbs, perhaps it also increases healing for Groot. This would make it rather valuable for him with his 3rd ability, especially since it seems to scale relatively well from what I've seen.

Can anyone confirm whether recovery boosts Groot's heal?

3. andi_kan

andi_kan Moderator

Medals:
    Quick question. Is Defense Penetration a permanent thing, as in all damage is always increased by that amount in lieu of the bypassed defense? Or is it a % to cause an undefended attack?

Also, what is Armor Break? Couldn't find a reference anywhere

4. Referring to the first page of this thread in regards to crit chance/damage- do the special gears now make this viable?? I'm looking at my character screen and it says he has 120% crit damage. Now, is that turning a would-be 100 damage hit into a 120 damage hit, or is it doing 120% more damage, turning it into a hit of 220?

If it's the first case, then even with 50% crit rate/ 20% crit dmg (cuz you can't use 2 specials gears sadly), or the other way around, you are only looking at a 10% increase in overall damage. Which doesn't seem great considering the gear investment.

5. J4x

J4x Level 13

It's "only" +20% damage if it says 120%. That said, +20% damage is quite huge, I mean, people bend over backwards to find good team bonuses which provide maybe +5-10% Attack, if a hero can do +20% by himself that's pretty sick.

The reason this was never popular before, was because it took TWO stats to make it viable: Crit Rate and Crit Damage. That just took too much effort, but now with the Special Gear, I would certainly consider it for those heroes that already have a good stats for either or both of those stats.

6. J4x

J4x Level 13

I think someone mentioned that Defense Penetration is permanent, as in it negates a small amount of defense of the enemy. But I'm not sure if that was speculation or fact, Netmarble isn't big on facts :p
    Some Heroes have abilities that create a Super Armor (like Vision's Leadership or Winter Soldier's 3rd skill). What it exactly does I'm not sure (I'm guessing extra defense boost), but Armor Break, well, it's breaks that ;)

7. Kilmasis

Kilmasis Level 12

Vision's Super Armor leadership skill adds 5% (per level) to All Def upon tagging in.
    This is nothing compared to Ronan's Leadership which just adds permanently of course.

8. Peter_Jacobs

Peter_Jacobs Level 9

Someone above indicated an additional 20% is good, and I agree. I tend to just load up my 4th gear with whatever primary stat is listed. In the case of War Machine (Level 40-Level 12 Gears) the primary on the 4th gear is critical damage. I also added a critical damage booster (Level 4 - 38%), and I have him up to 170.20%. So, when he crits, he crits hard.

9. Right. All I'm saying is that if you have 20% crit 50% crit dmg , or 50% crit and 20% crit dmg, it only equates to 10% overall damage, which is perhaps a lot, but doesn't seem so numerically.

10. Private Pigeon

Private Pigeon Level 5

So, are you all saying that you should just reroll your attack on your gears to whatever it says on the character screen? E.g. Vision says Energy Attack so should we just not worry about putting physical stats in rerolling? Just seems easier that way.

11. Zyraz

Zyraz Moderator

That's correct

12. DzM

DzM Guest

Lightning dmg, mind dmg, etc plus it does affect the output as well and plus it doesn't hurt so why not roll all attack anyways