Sea monsters and Maul 2BP attack ?

Discussion in 'Events' started by BobMaster, Jan 17, 2014.

1. BobMaster

BobMaster Level 25

Hello all,

I am at a point where I can almost kill those 2 with only 2BP, but I am not risking it yet and still using 4BP.

So, I was wondering how much battle strength the players have that CAN 2BP those npcs, I currently am at 501k or something.

2. kevinofspades

kevinofspades Level 22

my attack formation is ATK:120474 DEF:119981

Not sure the Battle Strength calc mechanics and I have a feeling it uses defence formation which is obviously skewed since I don't have Event cards there. I'm running 6 3* event cards but the 3 staps I have are 2 Evo2, 1 evo1. have an evo2 anakin, evo 1 anakin and a base famba.

I can kill the 1st sea monster (not sando) with 2BP and as a DS I can beat the QGJ NPC with 2BP. I won't risk sando without 4BP however.

3. BobMaster

BobMaster Level 25

Ah didn't know the new calculations included defense formation, then it has become completely useless to compare with, darn.

4. kevinofspades

kevinofspades Level 22

I could be wrong but I just don't see how my formation power is nearly 500K and yet the sum of my offence and defence is nowhere near that so I just assume there's some calculation involved that compares both....

5. BobMaster

BobMaster Level 25

I used to have about 297k, now I am at 501k, both(attack and defense) my formations ar the same as my attack formation.
    I had 495k, upgraded some cards and added a new one which got me to 501k.

But I am still wondering who can kill those 2 with only 2BP and how much Battle strength they have, or a summary of their formation so I can compare :)

6. John-117

John-117 Level 17

I can kill both Maul and the sea monsters with just the regular 2x BP. My entire formation is worth 502785 in total strength. My secret weapons though are my max evo 5*'s [2x and 2 are Evo 1 and Evo 2] and max Evo 4*'s [a lot].

Even though with all that firepower, its still a tough battle with Sando, he is really strong and I'm glad when one of the NPC's decides to drop in to assist.

7. BobMaster

BobMaster Level 25

Still those MaxEvo stats should be calculated into your battle strength, if I enhance a card, the battle strength goes up as well.
    So looking at your battle strength I am not far away from being able to 2BP them, sadly I can't upgrade anything with only 1 card :p

The reason I started this was when attacking Sando, the first try, I used 2BP, and the battle timed out.
    The next time, I used 4BP and I only lost 1 card, while my other front row cards weren't damaged much.

I just spawned a Sando, let me try 2BP again ...

Timed out again, Sando isn't even at half health, maybe down to 55%.
    Only 2 cards standing are my Light Cody Evo2 and 5* Han behind him lol
    Guess I will need a lot more damage before I can 2BP him.

8. John-117

John-117 Level 17

Well I was under the same impression before when I heard the horror stories about these creatures and possibly being defeated by them or by them simply timing you out. Then once by mistake I pressed the 2x BP button and lived to tell the tale by surviving against Sando and even not losing as much cards as I expected.

I wonder if the evo max 5*'s are the reason that the monster is defeated without needing the extra 300% attack power.

9. BobMaster

BobMaster Level 25

It's strange, because apparently my battle strength is 502670, which still wasn't enough.
    Most of my 4*s died rather quickly, 8-15 Light Cody and 5* Jar JarEvo1 stayed up the longest.
    8-15 Lumi or 8-15 Ben DS didn't last as long, not to mention the AgenEvo2 or MaceEvo2.

If your 5*s are mostly short ones with high def, I suppose that could be why you can 2BP them.
    It is even stranger though, that we more or less have the same battle strength, I can't even compare to your cards lol.

10. John-117

John-117 Level 17

Hmm well my 2x evo max 5*'s are Anakin and Luke and they are easily my best. Then comes an evo 2 Jabba and evo 1 Luke, who also do a good job of whittling down the big fishes health. Last we have my 4-7 Mace and 4-7 Ben Kenobi [DS] and while I have an evo 1 Mundi and evo 1 Kit Fisto they're not that remarkable, since I mostly use them for their buffs.

Regarding ranged, I do have my 4-7 Lando skill 40, and a contingent of 4-7 Han Solo [DS] [about 4x] which helps with support, but again nothing remarkable.

It seems we have the same type of cards in general, so maybe the swing vote could be the 5* evo max cards.

11. Sundodger

Sundodger Level 15

Your going to want to 4 BP sando anyway, even if you can barely beat him. Every character you lose is 50 points times 49 (4900%) which is 2,450 before multiplying by your event score. So every person who survives your battle is worth almost 5k points.

Sith happens likes this.
  12. John-117

John-117 Level 17

Oh wow, really? I never knew that. I guess I will have to start 4 BPing Sando again.

13. Sundodger

Sundodger Level 15

It just ends up depending on how many characters you lose and how much an average 2 BP is worth to you. If you end up with only a handful of your team at the end, should consider 4 BPing. Try it both ways and check out your score difference.

14. BobMaster

BobMaster Level 25

I managed to kill Maul with 2BP and 7 cards left :)
    But yea, Sando will get full blast with 4BP, I won't be able to do that anytime soon.

Maul score was still 22k with only 1 event card, I don't think the difference was that much compared to 4BPs, will check next time and update ;)
    [EDIT]: Gotta love 160 EP :D

Maul score with 4BP was 25k, with full team standing, the battle wasn't even fair lol

3k difference for 11 cards, meh not worth it :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  15. Sundodger

Sundodger Level 15

Yes, My comment was specific to Sando as his NPC bonus is %4900 as opposed to I think %200 for Maul. Each point matters that much more against Sando

16. BobMaster

BobMaster Level 25

Ah yes, true true.

17. yankeeseel

yankeeseel Level 15

Well, my brother was asking me the same thing for his deck. He said that he has a battle formation with 5* Han and some 2*, 3*, and 4* characters (non of which were evo'd and not all characters were max level) with a strength of 45k and beat the Smaller of the two monsters with only 2BP. He was always using 4 but decided to use two once to try it and he did beat it without an NPC in that battle. He said that it came down to his 5* Han being the last one on the board and almost dead, so it sounded close. With that being said, a battle formation with a strength of 50k would probably be best if you want to beat the smaller one with only 2BP. Hope this helps.

18. Decadent

Decadent Level 12

It's very difficult to translate effective battle strength into numbers because of the way the combat system works. I'm sure Konami have come up with a reasonable system, but I don't imagine it will for one moment always provide accurate reflection of combat.

Put it this way. How many base Maces should equal a 5* Han? It's very situational. Like if the Han is placed in the front row, or behind a soft front row, or behind a 4-7 Yoda Exile.

We all know the numbers, but how many base Maces on one side would it take to take down a base Han on the other side? Let's say the figure is 5. Base Mace gets assigned a strength of 200, and Han a strength of 1000. But say we have 5 Maces, and one Yoda Exile against a Han with a Yoda Exile in front of him. Same point total, but suddenly the team with Han in it will almost certainly win. Not so if the Han is for some reason placed in front of the Yoda Exile.

Then you've got skill modifiers and whether they proc. A 20% buff to attack or defense, possibly as many as three times, can make a HUGE difference.

Hopefully you get where I'm going with this.

FWIW the game tells me Sando outmatches me, and I still 2BP him fine. Although in the couple of times that I've watched Ki-Adi has always proc'ed. My battle strength is 507k fwiw, and that includes 4 unlevelled 3* event cards.

19. TheRealThrawn

TheRealThrawn Level 16

If you're 501, you should have no issue with Maul and the Smaller Fish... I destroy them and my offense is only 520k... Sando requires 4bp still

20. andi_kan

andi_kan Moderator

Medals:
    @BobMaster Am pretty sure your current battle strength is way sufficient to take down Maul without NPC help. Need a bit more for Sando, maybe.

I can take down Sando if only 1 of my 4 skills proc (Lando, Ki-Adi, Rieekan, Tarkin), my battle strength is at 524k. If no skill procs, then I'm dead.