REX-Type: How does it work?

Discussion in 'Units' started by Server, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Server

Server Level 2

So I've only heard of the existence of REX-type cards recently, this type seems to be the ultimate type that grants boosts to HP, Atk, Def, and Rec for a card of this type. My question is, how does a card become a REX-type? Is it completely random, as in you can get a card from gate as a REX, or evolve a card which then can turn into REX, or is there some sort of method in obtaining this mysterious type?

Picture Example Credit goes to Prince :).

Attached Files:

2. Burr

Burr Level 60

Medals:
    It's not attainable as far as I know. The only player who had any seems to be working with the developers. He's the player you see in the tutorial video and he's got something like 3000 gems. It's suspected that he name changed recently after the tutorial videos were released and his units are no longer REX

3. Server

Server Level 2

Ah I see, so either it isn't attainable or the chances for getting a REX unit is so minuscule that it's be said to be but a myth.

4. WhatsUp

WhatsUp Level 11

Huh?! what the heck is this? so it's alike a better version of a hero?

5. Illusionist

Illusionist Level 10

Yeah... @Server where did you hear about this Rex type. Sounds very interesting.

6. Burr

Burr Level 60

Medals:
    People found out when I posted it onto the Brave Frontier facebook page. People have been talking about it now as some mythical extra God type but it doesn't really matter since you can't actually get it yourself. I'm pretty sure it was a developer's account that they used to test the game. The player had 5 Rex God Alices, 5 Rex Commander Megas, 5 Rex God Blade Mifunes, and probably everything else haha. None of his units are Rex anymore and I think he named changed since a random player popped up on arena leaderboards with the exact kill/death count as the old person but under a different name.

7. GangnamStyle

GangnamStyle Level 7

So it was a developer testing Rex type or just random thing meaning it's not something in the works.

8. Burr

Burr Level 60

Medals:
    I don't think they were testing a new type. More like give themselves OP units so they can play the game to test functionality without worrying about losing rounds as they played.

9. Linkrule

Linkrule Level 1

This was very informative, thank you all.

10. foojabi

foojabi Level 10

rex is the type on a gm's units. unattainable by regular players

11. Lechtin

Lechtin Level 11

Sometimes in the arena (after the match). I saw players with unusually high stats.
    I saw a Vargas and Mega that had 2200+ atk. That shouldn't be possible even with the +15% atk sphere right? As far as I know that is the only sphere that reflects highest atk increase in your stats screen (Muramasa doesn't show)
    are the not REX unit?

12. Lechtin

Lechtin Level 11

wow people actually hacked the stats of their units?

13. Genosis

Genosis Level 17

Yes, this game is very hackable because stats are handled client sided, which means it can be modified without going through the internet :)

Atleast it's hackable on the android, not so much iOS.
    Although I dont advocate it, there's no way I do. Spoils the fun. But meh.

There was a mod (Oni? Elunix?) who said there wasnt a community outside ours, not true, there is a relatively large forum with hackers on brave frontier, although that community is still minor.

As for the 2200+ Vargas/Mega unit, it's possible with Muramasa & Breaker. +50% attack buff.

14. Azrael

Azrael Level 4

Well, I am hoping Alices (as well as Mega, Lava, Emilia and Will) will have stat changes because they seem to be subpar as compared to the new releases.

15. Trystansr

Trystansr Level 60

Medals:
    They might get another evolution, but I doubt they'll get direct stat increases. The whole point of new (more powerful) units is to get you to keep playing (and spending money). If they keep all the units even, then there's no incentive for you to buy gems and hit the rare summon gate.

mikephenix likes this.
  16. Exaltatio

Exaltatio Level 27

Agree... :) marketing strategy, if you may..

17. Burr

Burr Level 60

Medals:
    Stat differences are visual bugs. I do more damage with a 1503 att Alice than me friend's 1700 att one.

It was possible to hack damage on Android but it's been patched now

18. Genosis

Genosis Level 17

I am pretty sure it's a minor bug where thing's like Muramasa affects the stats shown on the... status screen or whatever it is called.

So yeah... quite confident Muramasa is still the culprit :p

19. Charlimon

Charlimon Level 1

Hey. I am also Interesses what The REX-type does because i have one!! i just summoned and i got a reihard unit with The REX-type. Some time later my Brothers got also a reihard unit with The REX-type. Does someone know what The REX-type does?