Requesting a refund

Discussion in 'General' started by jonathanamandap, Feb 23, 2018.

1. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

Agreed. big time, especially the other circumstances
    u bought under. lol

DrgnFlyDrft likes this.
  2. Hu Chi

Hu Chi Level 41

Honestly...to me, this is no different than the ppl boo-hooing about trading a card away right before its awakening gets announced.

You know the possibility of a loss is involved every single time you conduct any transaction in an online game. No matter how long of a heads up they give, over-entitled snowflakes will play victim.

3. J-Beds

J-Beds Level 14

I wonder if you had spent the $500 2 days before the end of the game was announced if you’d still have that opinion?

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  4. Hu Chi

Hu Chi Level 41

Sorry, but my IQ is actually in the triple digits, and I've seen a number of apps shut down with NO forewarning......I'm not that stupidly wasteful with money.

5. Garthbgolfing

Garthbgolfing Level 14

The purpose of Apple or google giving refunds is to keep people that do spend money on their marketplace’s to feel like the purchases are not a waste. So they can spend $500 if they like a game, and if it folds the next day get a credit to spend later. The purpose is to keep the users that do spend pumping money into Apple or googles marketplace.

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  6. Hu Chi

Hu Chi Level 41

its not folding "the next day" though, is it?

I dunno....I just find it distasteful that so many individuals (and corporations, for that matter) are protected from the repercussions of their own poor decision making.....which means they never really learn any lessons, and continue making the same poor decisions.

As far as server shutdowns go, Konami just gave us the longest heads-up of any app game I've ever played, personally. If you put money into it, you still have plenty of time to burn it all, and go out in a blaze of glory. Thinking you're entitled to get it back is just....weak as weak can be.

7. Garthbgolfing

Garthbgolfing Level 14

That’s the thing though, Apple and google don’t want anyone to learn a lesson that leads them to discontinue spending on their marketplace.

Hu Chi likes this.
  8. J-Beds

J-Beds Level 14

Cool. Neither am I. However if I had hypothetically spent $500 2 days before the end of the game notification came out I’d sure want a refund

9. zaymac

zaymac Level 43

I never take advice from anyone with an Amy Schumer Avatar. It's served me well so far in this life.

10. Hu Chi

Hu Chi Level 41

haha...hey, if I could find one of Carrie Fisher in the same pose, that'd be my avatar instead. Although there are plenty of such images on DeviantArt, none of 'em quite appealed to me .