REFUND PROCEEDURES

Discussion in 'General' started by geijunto, Aug 1, 2013.

1. geijunto

geijunto Level 16

This thread is to outline proceedures for obtaining a refund through the various app stores. This is to help us all to navigate the various hoops we need to jump through and streamline the process. If you have obtained a refund, please post the steps you followed here. Thanks.

2. Lliraeden

Lliraeden Level 17

Seconded! Would like to know for Apple as I'm struggling.

3. VRDUBZAK

VRDUBZAK Level 39

I have not,but am still proceeding to with the last event. I did not receive the double awards last time. It affected my final finish, and want my money or 3100 coins back.
    Mobage gave me the finger, and I am now on my way to google. Back in town at my house so I will let you know.

4. nate

nate Level 2

So this response may be of limited usefulness to most of you, but I thought I'd share...

There was a malfunction during the Jetfire / Bombshock episode about 7 weeks ago (due, according to Mobage, to their implementation of the evolve system). The game was down for a crucial period (6-8 hours by my estimate.)

The problem, from my perspective, is I had dropped an embarrassing amount of money to get the Jetfire x10 card, and I ended up missing the top 100 by a few million points. I emailed mobage and asked for either A) a refund, or B) the Bomshock card I ostensibly paid for. They essentially told me to go fly a kite.

Fortuitously for me, I am in law school. So I threatened legal action, citing the pertinent substantive and procedural laws I would use against them. I fully intended to follow through on my threat, knowing (among other things) it would cost them FAR more than it was worth to defend the suit. They conceded, and sent me the following info:

"I'm also unable to directly issue you a refund because all transactions are processed and handled exclusively through your iTunes account, which is fully controlled by Apple.

To request a refund, please contact Apple using the information provided below. I have no access your financial information or your iTunes account.

Apple can be reached via the following methods:

- The "Report a Problem" link on your iTunes invoice.
    - 1-800-692-7753
    - http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/
    - http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html
    - support@apple.com

I appreciate your understanding and hope for a speedy resolution!"

I spent almost an hour on the phone with Apple, but I did get a full refund of my purchases.... Got to keep my cards too, though I was willing to surrender them.

Best of luck justice seekers!

Klemy and Lliraeden like this.
  5. Klemy

Klemy Level 28

I can verify this one that @nate posted.

I used the contact.html page solution to send them the details of my problem with the TFL event and my broken account. After a day, they got back to me and let me know they are crediting me with a full refund of my purchase.

6. VRDUBZAK

VRDUBZAK Level 39

To do a refund via google:
    https://play.google.com/store/account

Find the app, and there will be a 3 dot icon next to the app name. Click on it "Report a problem" , and follow the prompts.

Google will send you an email, follow the link, add the google play order ID, type in description and then hit submit.