Raid Beta has started!

Discussion in 'Raid' started by Steverion, Mar 2, 2015.

1. HPX

HPX Moderator

Medals:
    So much these!

2. Steverion

Steverion Moderator

Medals:
    I feel like after that reddit fiasco...people have gotten so much more salty about "privilege" kind of acts from gumi ._. People get salty because CB players get a free gem, are you serious? People get salty because we have an advantage and get more medals than those who isn't part of CB...Well let me tell you what, if you play Raid at least 9 times a day, which is usually the average, you will get more medals than the average CB player.

It's ridiculous how people argue over these kinds of things. We are here for one mission in mind, and that is to test Raid and to help make it better for the community. I've sending bugs and stuff to my rep and we have people sitting around complaining how we have an advantage over them. Dafuq. =_= Yes there are people who don't know what they're doing and of course not reporting bugs like they are supposed to, but this is due to gumi's fairness system of RNG so I can't really say much.

3. Steverion

Steverion Moderator

Medals:
    RC 1 only gives one medal and has some kind of 50% chance. RC 3 has 100% chance of getting 4-7 medals (Mistzug is 6-7)

HPX likes this.
  4. Steverion

Steverion Moderator

Medals:
    Yes. They will cost 1 gem to purchase the pack.

HPX likes this.
  5. Plitzskin

Plitzskin Level 49

Again this may come off as saltiness, but with people already reaching RC3 and iirc able to try farming for that elusive item to make Malices then it is a head start that the rest didn't get, as they can potentially have Malices ready by the time the rest get into raid.. Time spent is the same yes, luck is also a factor but with more runs than the person without a beta access it increases the chances for the beta tester.. And if they decide to hold another FH in the near future those already in the program have a slight advantage over others (maybe negligible but still one nonetheless)..

It's just off putting for anyone who doesn't have access looking in and may potentially put off the player even to want to put in effort in the game esp when you have cleared most content.. Granted as @FelixFelice has said no content from raid is required to clear any other part of the game in global but with even lvl 30 players getting in it kinda leaves vets a lil disgusted with the way Gumi has gone about doing things, and wonder how valued are they in the eyes of Gumi.. I for one am put off enough to not spend anymore in the game and that's already a loss of revenue for them.. If 10/100/1000 people were to feel the same as me then it'll be a huge impact for Gumi, as it'll hit them in the wallet..

Just my two cents.. Seems i waded into the sea a lil too long & came out with salt all over my body :p

6. Tyl3r33

Tyl3r33 Level 51

Medals:
    I thought of that when I first saw that the beta didn't have a level requirement…Why let in the noobs when the real release has a minimum level. Personally I think that the oldest 10,000 players should have gotten in and that would have been really fair. My comment was based on how its okay and fair that people get a bit of a head start and get rewards slightly earlier than others. When you bring into account that vets are excluded from this and noobs are allowed its a whole new topic and that itself isn't fair whatsoever. It should rightfully be for whoevers been waiting the longest. Then those players can get a head start and a reward that they've never actually gotten.
    In all honesty though gumi doesn't care about the vets, they know that they have old spenders and they have new spenders and thats what matters to them. It doesn't matter to them who's been waiting longest. I mean hell the vets don't get any of the rewards from the level up campaign even though the level cap is 500 now…

Plitzskin likes this.
  7. HPX

HPX Moderator

Medals:
    I thought they were referring to the ones that are currently there. Sorry

8. Chig

Chig Level 52

Couldn't even read because this made me laugh too much.

OkamiFury and HPX like this.
  9. Sitrus

Sitrus Level 24

I'm a 400+ day player in beta. Malices seem overrated when we have Dangela, Xentar, Lexida, easy FH awards, Arena gemmer rewards, etc. They're just means to the end or endless

OkamiFury and Steverion like this.
  10. Plitzskin

Plitzskin Level 49

Yeah kinda that's the point for those who have held on til now.. They always look for them "new blood" to try & get them in the net that is p2p while leaving the rest of us vets to lurch in the middle of nowhere.. Casual or upcoming players who aren't lvl 150 should be delighted with the incentive to lvl up to get extra rewards but lil do they know that all Gumi wants to do after that is to leave them in the dustheap and trying for even more noobs..

Sustainable business model? I dunno only Gumi can tell ya that..

Tyl3r33 likes this.
  11. GentlemanLoser

GentlemanLoser Level 42

Yeah I'm serious.

No, I'm not Salty (and I use the term salt very differently anyway), Jealous or Envious.

I'm talking about the ability to farm medals *now*, and get rolls on the slot machine *now*.

And before anyone mistakes yet again, this is purely an objective look at the 'beta' process.

Non Beta players, even if they play the exact same hours as Beta players, when Raid is released, *will never have the same amount of potential medals for slot useage*.

The Medals gained during the Beta, and any rewards from the slot machine, can never be caught up.

That's why keeping rewards from a Beta is bad.

And you can do that without having the ability to farm Medals from RC3 for the next 5 days though.

That's the issue.

12. Plitzskin

Plitzskin Level 49

Some don't need them, some just go for the experience for something that they have waited more than a year for.. Most are saying it ain't worth the hype as it's a grindfest, but if people don't mind and actually have fun playing with friends clearing quests then why not get them at the same time.. Read that ban thread of a group of having specific roles trying to tackle raid & too bad it's all messed up for them now if not they'll prolly have tons of fun..

And sorry but noticing a pattern of those who got in saying everything's good & all while the rest of us are posting incessantly about how Gumi got it wrong :p Simply love reading all the postings (though i mostly ninja due to having lesser time for myself) hence why i stick with AI lol

Edit: Last part didn't get in -.-

13. garamond

garamond Level 39

OK.... I think those salty people never understood how Raid works... or medal works... you get just a hand full of medal per run.... 5 max on RC3, and you only get 1 orb per hour. So thats like 24 * 3 medals provided you play every single orb. You get 24 chances for slot machine....

Out of those you only get less than 1% to get sphere frog, and around 5% burst frog, then the rest are just imps and crystal, and useless sphere... (except crafting). 5 days of all orb used all medal recieved... you will only get 100 tries? And I'll bet you won't even get a sphere frog from them. You mostly will get Gold King.. thats it.

Also where is the competition in the game? What head starts are we talking about? So what if someone got a sphere frog and 50 imps? Does it make him better than you? May be - provided that you guys have units of the same type, same squad, same sphere, same friends use, same spam count during BB etc etc? Still the damage still random, the AI still random...

Also crafting for spheres.... I dunno whether you understand how hard it is to get certain material? People had been farming for a few weeks to gather enough for one malice. You think those guys would get all the materials required in the 5 days to make even one malice? Which is only 5% more to legwand?

People these days seems to forget the fine art of WAITING. In a few weeks, everyone would have the same access, and you will all get bored of it after 3 days. Its better to land something that works than to start farming and the server crash. Again please dun put such a HIGH expectation on Raid... its not another 60% of the game, rather 20% or even lower to me since I hardly do them except medal rush. Its just another way Gumi wants to keep you log in and play each day.

Miklotov, Steverion and OkamiFury like this.
  14. Tyl3r33

Tyl3r33 Level 51

Medals:
    How many metals can I get in 5 days? You get 1 metal at most in RC1 I believe, and I've gotten one every other map I do so thats 12 per day max. Thats 3 times playing the slot machine in a day, 15 times total. Don't expect me to lose sleep to get trash from that. If you do a couple more metal rush runs than me guess what? You made up those 5 days.

OkamiFury likes this.
  15. OkamiFury

OkamiFury Level 60

Medals:
    Yea, because getting 2 more jewel kings than a non beta player is so good.

Tyl3r33 likes this.
  16. GentlemanLoser

GentlemanLoser Level 42

If BF was a solo game, none of this would matter.

But it's not.

(And again, my salty-ness is non existant. Otherwise I'd be pushing a much higher Arena Rank than I currently have.)

Edit: And that's 100 tries more than every non Beta BF player.

17. Steverion

Steverion Moderator

Medals:
    Smh, this guy... sigh.

Miklotov, Chig and Tyl3r33 like this.
  18. OkamiFury

OkamiFury Level 60

Medals:
    Just gem raid if you want to be even with the beta player's tries.

Tyl3r33 likes this.
  19. garamond

garamond Level 39

Yes... there is this Chinese saying... if it can be solved by money, its NOT a problem.

Just spend 40 gems to catch up when it releases to the public. Problem solved.......

Miklotov, Tyl3r33 and OkamiFury like this.
  20. Tyl3r33

Tyl3r33 Level 51

Medals:
    Hey guess what in that other thread where were talking about hadaron…If it were a solo game you wouldn't be arguing about how he's ruining the game. Lol GG