R2D2 and Luke Drop?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Assault Team' started by Ryan Rankine, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Ryan Rankine

Ryan Rankine Level 7

I have gotten to the point in the story where I need R2D2 to start the mission. One problem I don't have him, and never had him. I was told that he was suppose to drop in the first chapter, is this automatic or do I have to play it over and over for him to drop?

Also I was told Luke was suppose to drop in Kashyyyk and I have not gotten him either. Is my account bugged? Is there a fix?

Can R2 drop from droid missions and can Luke drop from humanoid missions?

2. Lotek

Lotek Level 4

Yes R2 should have dropped for you in Attack of the Droids in the first mission and I believe you can't do the next episode without R2 the first time through. Luke should have dropped for you in kashyyk.

3. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

If you don't want to restart the game, maybe uninstalling it and reinstall then launch from the app store you used will fix it. Get a screenshot of your arena name in case tech support needs to reestablish your progress.

make sure on the options screen that your game is synced through your app store or fb. I don't sync to fb but I know most people prefer it.

Screenshot_2014-07-15-23-17-26.png Screenshot_2014-07-15-23-17-08.png

Then maybe playing the r2 and luke missions will work.

if it starts back at square one, no heroes close out of the app and dont play it. I think once you finish the 1st mission it could overwrite your previous progress. Try launching again from app store/fb. If that doesn't work a 2nd time, email support with your info and arena name screen shot.

4. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

I think mine auto updates, so if youhave that disabled, there may be updates available as an alternative to uninstalling.

5. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

R2 reported in droids mission

6. sithspawn99

sithspawn99 Level 7

Same advice as minkee. Worst case scenario you have to start from scratch or play on different device.

7. Chrischongy1984

Chrischongy1984 Level 3

This has also happened to me. Very annoying...

8. Ryan Rankine

Ryan Rankine Level 7

Did you send a support email? I sent one, and also rated 1 star in the store. I got a response to my 1 star rating telling me to be patient and someone will eventually respond to my email.

I would love to restart my progress, but would be losing maybe 200+ gems of progess, and tapjoy uses.

MMIVbeerbottles and sithspawn99 like this.
  9. RaneTheExile

RaneTheExile Guest

Did support ever fix your problem w/ R2D2 and Luke?

10. Ryan Rankine

Ryan Rankine Level 7

Finally got a response back, they said they are looking into it and said I should look for an app update in the future... So no luck...

11. LukeSkywalker12

LukeSkywalker12 Level 1

Happened to me as well. Very frustrating since I put so much time into the game and now I cant finish it...

12. RaneTheExile

RaneTheExile Level 1

Got a disappointing reply from support, see below:

"Thanks for replying with that information.

After digging a bit further into this, we've discovered that this is actually not a bug. While it's true that in the past you could get those heroes from those missions, there has been an update and this is no longer true. You can, however, still earn them from crates, which you can purchase at any time. We're sorry for the confusion this may have caused.

If you have any other questions about this change, please let me know!"

UGH!

13. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

Why didn't they change the missions then? it makes no sense to rescue R2, rendevouz with Luke and not have them on your team, especially when they are required later.

Luke isn't that great compared to all the other possible characters, but as a starter hero he is pretty useful.

All I can say now is play on windows and enjoy the "classic" version.

I'm guessing they're in the 5 gem crates at T2.

I can't believe they used "earn" and "purchase" in the same sentence. Those are separate methods.

Guess promo items will be next to go, since they are 2nd in value to hero cards and already have an established gem exchange.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  14. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

I've heard they are giving more gems for 1st play through on a mission, so maybe this isn't as bad as it sounds. In the hero cards thread I saw some people getting 4 and 5 for ranking up as well.

For those with access to tapjoy, I noticed tonight that turning your device 90 degrees refreshes the offers. I think 4 rotations I started to get some repeats, but once in awhile it loads Advil PM or sears.

15. Sirloth

Sirloth Level 12

this is annoying....

16. gggum

gggum Guest

what? they change the essential characters as a random prize from crate? so they are forcing players to spend real money then? so if we cannot win those cards so we can never finish the game then?

17. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

You could spend money and still not get them, so only use free gems. Maybe there will be a special mission sometime or this new arena system will give them out. I'm still not sure what the end of season rewards mean.

18. Sirloth

Sirloth Level 12

i started a week ago.
    and thought "Wow. Finally a game without pay2win." now it looks like this is changing to pay2win like any other "free" app

19. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

It's not even that way, since you can't buy what you specifically need.

it used to be an advantage to put cash in, but I guess that made it too easy. There are people who probably used a lot of cash at the beginning (3/27) and they were done with the game in 3 weeks.

20. Arbok

Arbok Level 5

Grind to win, no?

Don't mind them making the heroes harder to get, but should remove requiring them in the levels to pass as otherwise its needless grinding.

skywlkr76 and Minkee77 like this.