Plzzzzzzz....Need help on doubts about gear upgrade page....(confused)

Discussion in 'Gears and Materials' started by Soubith, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Soubith

Soubith Level 4

I am totally messed up with gear upgrade. I was simply upgrading the gears without rolling up the sub options. At my 40th lvl of character i knew those options will make difference :(. I looked out every forums related to this game and i wasn't able to understand anything. So i decided to ask my doubts instead of wasting time on reading the whole things on web. I found the admins over here are really helpful so i am posting over here. Forgive me if this thread is gonna consume your time. Will be really grateful if help me bcoz i am totally broken as i am having a feeling that my heroes are not good even at 40th lvl just bcoz i ignored sub options in gear menu.

1.Critical Damage and Critical Rate
    a.What these terms exactly means ? Is these terms applies to ourselves or our enemies ?

EXAMPLE : - My hulk buster Critical damage value is +416. So it means that he will make a damage of 416 to enemy ? or he will resist the damage from the enemy ?

b. And he got a critical rate of +345. What does that really mean ? (My hulk buster lvl is 40)

2. Why there is 2 color variations in the gear info page like orange and blue...? (uploaded pic no: 1)
    Surely i can guess it denotes some difference but cant figure out what are they.. :(

3. Whats the difference between percentage values and static values ? and why it is insisting that percentage lvl works only on 1st option ?(uploaded pic number 2)
    I meant to ask that how it will affect an option if i give static value instead of percentage value ?
    example :- I give physical atk by +27 instead of giving a percentage value...how it will affect my heros ability ?

4. Finally whats that green values denotes ? (uploaded pic no:3)

Attached Files:

2. Layuth

Layuth Level 10

1. Critical Rate increase your heroes chance to land a critical hit. Critical Damage increases the damage your hero does when it lands a critical strike.

2. The first two listed (orange) increase each time you upgrade your gear. The rest (blue) are added upgrades at certain gear levels.

3. Static Value is a static increase. Percentage values increase according to the level of that hero.

4. White are the base numbers and the green values are numbers from gear/level/uniform/etc.

Soubith likes this.
  3. Kilmasis

Kilmasis Level 12

I'm just going to copy, and answer your questions in Green. Because Green Goblin is not blue. that didn't make sense.

1.Critical Damage and Critical Rate

a.What these terms exactly means ? Is these terms applies to ourselves or our enemies ?

EXAMPLE : - My hulk buster Critical damage value is +416. So it means that he will make a damage of 416 to enemy ? or he will resist the damage from the enemy ?

b. And he got a critical rate of +345. What does that really mean ? (My hulk buster lvl is 40)

Ans: You can ignore the numbers in the value, as they don't really help much. What you want is to look at the "Details" section of your Hero (Hero page, before Gears) and check out the % there. That will tell you the actual % of your Critical RATE and Critical DAMAGE. 20% Critial Rate means for every 10 hits, you'll most likely crit 2 times, and 120% Critial Damage means if you normally hit for 100 damage, your Critical should hit for 120 damage.

2. Why there is 2 color variations in the gear info page like orange and blue...? (uploaded pic no: 1)
    Surely i can guess it denotes some difference but cant figure out what are they.. :(

Ans: What Layuth said, but I'll expand a little. As he said, Orange will increase with every upgrade you make. Usually we try to change the Options of the gear to match these, as they give the biggest boosts to a hero's stats.

Options are the
    Blue ones. These can be changed depending on what you want. The numbers of these however, do not change as you upgrade the gear, and you only obtain one at every 3x of your gear upgrade (eg. lvl 1, lvl 3, lvl 6, lvl 9, lvl 12). These have a specific range of Number and Type.

- You decide how you want to build your hero using this. For example on Gear 3 (Accesories #1 usually), you can have HP, Dodge, Recovery Rate, and Movement Speed. You can choose to either be more Tank (more HP), or evade damage entirely (Dodge), or heal better (Recov Rate, people only use this for Groot and Blade tho), or run around faster (movement speed, most people only give this to Rocket cuz he's slow).

- The possible Number range for the 1st Option (1st
    Blue) of Weapons or Gear 1 is 10-13. This means at the MOST, you can have Physical Attack +13 / Eng Atk +13 / All Atk +13. This number varies for the different Gears (Gear 1-4).

- However, the % based bonus' range is the same for ALL Options of the Gear. Let's say for Gear 1, the range is (roughly) 45% until 52.4%. Even at Option 4 where you can get Physical Attack +84, if you roll a % Option, the maximum it can go to is still 52.4% - same as Option 1.

This means that if your Blade is lvl 40 and your 1st Option is Physical Attack +50% Lvl, the amount it actually gives is Physical Atk (50% x 40lvl = 20) 20 points.

3. Whats the difference between percentage values and static values ? and why it is insisting that percentage lvl works only on 1st option ?(uploaded pic number 2)
    I meant to ask that how it will affect an option if i give static value instead of percentage value ?
    example :- I give physical atk by +27 instead of giving a percentage value...how it will affect my heros ability ?

Ans: Simply speaking, Static Value just gives you that amount that you see. % value relies on your Level. The reason why we say % is better on 1st Option is because it gives more than what the Static Value for Option 1 can give.

Eg. Blade Lvl 40 with Gear 1:
    Option 1 - Physical Attack +50% Lvl = (At lvl 40, this gives 20 points).
    Option 2 - Physical Attack +27
    Option 3 - Physical Attack +67

As opposed to Blade Lvl 40 with Gear 1:
    Option 1 - Physical Attack +10
    Option 2 - Physical Attack +27
    Option 3 - Physical Attack +50% Lvl = 20 Points.

It should be pretty obvious that using % for Option 1 is better, as it gives 20 points as opposed to the static 10 points. Of course, this 10 point difference is not much, but for those who are anal about wanting the best, % is better.

However, this only applies to Option 1. For Option 3 as you can see, a Static Option gives you +67 points. However if you roll a % Option, it only adds a maximum of 20 points at lvl40. This is 40+ points under!

And because the more stats you have in Attack, obviously the more damage you do. So yes, we would like to have more of that.

Because of that, it is agreed that Percentage % Type only works for Option 1. Other than that, the amount it gives is lower than what you can get. This is the same for the HP% (165% - 192% range). However, if I'm not mistaken you can get +71 hp increase for static, so only 180% and above is worth it if you're lvl 40. At lvl 50 tho, any % is better.

4. Finally whats that green values denotes ? (uploaded pic no:3)[/QUOTE]

No idea. 8D What Layuth said xD

~~~
    Hope that helped!
    ~~~
    Edited: 10/08/2015 corrected Gear 1 Option 1 stats, Gear 1 Option 1 Max percentage, and HP percentage calculation.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    Mandalorian Warrior and Soubith like this.
  4. Soubith

Soubith Level 4

Thanks for the reply it really helped :D

5. Soubith

Soubith Level 4

No idea. 8D What Layuth said xD

~~~
    Hope that helped!
    [/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the reply it really helped that was very well explained.... :D

6. Layuth

Layuth Level 10

Damn Kilmasis. Make my answers look like poop why don't ya! :smuggrin:

7. Kilmasis

Kilmasis Level 12

Well, to be fair, I had no idea what the green numbers were! :p No seriously, I didn't....

8. J4x

J4x Level 13

Although base stats would include level gains, right? Otherwise the white numbers would never change from the start..

So that would make the green numbers the bonus from gear upgrades and ISO stones. are % bonuses (Team, ISO, Leadership, etc). already calculated in? I'm not sure about that..

Then there's the stars (Ranking up Bios and Leadership), does that go in the white or green numbers?

I don't actually care about how it's divided, but now that it's mentioned it may be useful to have accurate information on it.

9. Layuth

Layuth Level 10

I would imagine that level/rank bonuses would be applied to the base stat. All other bonuses I would imagine would be added to the green numbers. Not 100% sure though. I envision it as white stats being what you would have being butt naked and by yourself. Green stats being the bonuses from everything you put on and playing with others.

10. andi_kan

andi_kan Moderator

Medals:
    I believe what you mean is that with Critical Damage = 120%, you would hit for 220 hp instead of the usual 100. Bearing in mind that base Crit Damage = 100% which will double the damage on a regular hit.

11. OrionPeace

OrionPeace Level 12

Andi_kan, unfortunately, that is not how critical damage works in this game. You do in that example, 120% of the normal damage. Not an additional 120%.

Basically, you can just chop off the 100% and think of it as +20% damage.

12. andi_kan

andi_kan Moderator

Medals:
    I don't know... most of my heroes have crit damage in the region of 100-110% range. And occasionally their attacks just double (not skill, regular attacks) so I figure that's when crit hits.

13. IamBibe

IamBibe Level 10

Yeah just checked. default crit dmg is 115% meaning if 100 is base then crit is 115.

14. Kilmasis

Kilmasis Level 12

I don't think that's how it works. My Ronan's final hit on his 5* skill usually does 6k damage, and crits to 8k on level 5 Yondu special mission. If he's doing 8k normal, it crits to 10k. By your calculation, I should be critting to 14k damage instead of 8k, and 18k instead of 10k.