People using NPC ships?!

Discussion in 'Plundernauts' started by Cyberlunacy, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Cyberlunacy

Cyberlunacy Level 5

So... Since the update I have spotted but not fought, players who somehow are using NPC ships in PvP battles.
    Today I see someone had one of the new style ships... It was a lunar something something. It had the body like the new ship we can buy.. but it was different. I have seen it only as an NPC when plundering and it is NOT purchasable.
    Upon looking in the battleship market I saw no ship named lunar anything.
    It had what looked like antenna arrays on the front.. I have seen it in single player only.
    Also I saw one of the NPC ships that was the crescent moon shape. Like a vertical boomerang hull with hull on the sides too.
    I didn't bother to get the name of it.

I will be taking screenshots to share but people are obviously hacking the game.

By the way..... The update is cool though I don't understand nor do they state how to have team mates to fight beside... I assume this is done by befriending someone in Game Center?

I would love to have massive 5 on 5 battles or something... No hard mods no extras no fighters... Just naked ships and guns...... Mano e Mano ... Well times 5 lol

2. Cyberlunacy

Cyberlunacy Level 5

3. Cyberlunacy

Cyberlunacy Level 5

The chimera is not the crescent moon type I have seen I will post one of those when I see it again

4. Cyberlunacy

Cyberlunacy Level 5

This users name is 'Fire Pig'

Notice it's called a common ship.... This ship is not purchasable
    Not on my game
    image.jpg

5. Drullsenburg

Drullsenburg Level 2

Both Deathstalker and Chimera are a Crab model. The Pulsar Runner is a Feighter model. The starship used by Bosses in the Scimitar Galaxy are Blade Models.

The Ubatuba, Kecksburg, and Tunguska are all Saucer models. :p

I should make a chart.

6. Cyberlunacy

Cyberlunacy Level 5

i dont care what class of ship they are, which by the way has zero to do with my post, they are not ships which can be purchased or upgraded to.
    they are not variations of ships derived from upgrades.

your ship does not change form when upgrading... there is only one new ship hull which can be purchased and it is neither of those two.

7. Drullsenburg

Drullsenburg Level 2

Yeah. They recently added the Hotrods.

If you've seen Facebook, the devs have special starships. I bet the players you saw are devs.

8. Cyberlunacy

Cyberlunacy Level 5

That's is a very probable answer. Thank you !

9. Cyberlunacy

Cyberlunacy Level 5

after fighting a few of these ships they are very AI-esque, very dumb so to speak so yes i believe these to be dev's or AI meant for tracking/testing PvP.

10. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

First, all the PvP isn't against real players playing their ships. As I noted in another post, the way they did PvP means you are just playing against a drone, but they are using real player ships.

That said, it is also very likely that due to a lack of players they created a bunch of NPC ships. These include the ships you saw. Player ships are only picked every 8 hours or so and in the early stages you had to rescan multiple times before getting even one opponent to fight. It was nothing like the huge list of opponents you get now.

As for hacking the game... I have no proof, but I believe they have moved the saved data onto their servers now. This has lead to a much increased (and frustrating) wait time as they download it back onto your device every time you start up.