Opinions about this game

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes' started by TomJetland, Dec 29, 2017.

1. TomJetland

TomJetland Level 11

Hi. Given the traffic I see on this board, I kinda guess this game is dead, but I've never played it, and I just got some freebies through a google play card (a 5* Rey card and some crystals). The intro seemed ok, but is this game worth putting any time into? Super grindy is not too bad but if it's super-grindy and you need to pay out a lot of money to really get anywhere, I guess I will continue to give it a pass. Opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

This game is not dead!! This forum here however, is.

There are some pretty active guilds in the game. It is a Super grindy game, but rewarding when you put the time into it. You don't need to fork out tons of $$ to get anywhere, unless you want top squads right away. The top tier characters they have can be obtained completely free. If you've just started, check out the official forums here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/
    and a useful guide here:
    https://swgoh.gg/

Hope this helps!

3. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

Part of the reason this forum is dead is because NeoChi set up a different forum and everyone from here early on moved over there:

https://galaxyofheroesforum.com/

There's where you're going to get the best advice and most activity. The official forum is mostly only good for new updates and releases. There's a lot of people on there that just complain about everything, in my opinion.

As for the game itself, it's entirely grind-based. Like Apollyon said, you don't need to spend a dime on the game, so long as you're patient. You're either going to invest time or money in the game. That sounds daunting, but from anyone coming over from SWFC, it's much better. There's a lot less luck involved. I would rather spend a month farming someone than the lottery system SWFC had set up. You can pick who you want and actually work towards getting them. Better yet, once you finish getting them to 7 stars, they're done. You don't need to keep grinding out a million copies of the same character.

Apollyon likes this.
  4. Apollyon

Apollyon Level 30

I hadn't realized everyone migrated there.

5. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

Yeah, that's why there's not as much activity on here. Besides, this forum really isn't set up for it. Everything gets dumped into one big mess, so you have guilds advertising and competing for space with people looking for advice. The other site separates things, so it's easier to keep track. I think it uses the same account as here, since it's linked to this site. It's just on a different Url.

Apollyon likes this.