Next Update... Farmable Old Ben!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes' started by TheBeard, Mar 14, 2016.

1. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

Hmm, I'm interested in the Droid event. All mine are 7 stars, so the extra Shards aren't really going to matter too much. And I did notice that Vader Shards are now obtainable from the Shard Shop. So far, I've gotten 6 total from there. It costs a lot, but I do have a soft spot for Empire characters.

Sigh . . . Old Ben. He's so annoying . . .

I was wondering a bit about the Offense Up on HK-47 and Geo Soldier. That seemed a bit much. Not a huge nerf. I'm curious to see how Dooku's leader ability holds up now that it's supposed to be fixed. I have mine all maxed out.

3. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Let us know about that Dooku bit... He's annoying already and I'm not looking forward to increased evasion from him. Granted, it was a fix, so he deserves it, but I'm prepping for more missed attacks from opposing teams

4. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

With the Ahsoka & Dooku buffs, it's pushing things more into Speed v. Evasion which raises an alarm for future game balance and fun.
    Woo Ahsoka buffs though, she looks fun as hell.

5. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Really hope they figure out something. The Poe meta was annoying, but at least then you could still have some variation. Now it's just Qui-gon, GS, and the same set of 5ish characters. And now Old Ben.

As far as Ahsoka goes, I'm glad she's getting a buff. Cool character but sorely outclassed by almost everything.

6. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

How would you fix that given the current roster of toons? Introducing an easily farmable new character (ha) with speed debuff forces everyone into New Toon +4. A game wide buff/nerf would cause outrage... I don't know. Evasion has been annoying as hell since PvP gaming was invented. It's especially annoying on counter master Dooku haha. Definitely my most hated character.

Ahsoka goes from outclassed to pretty solid utility character now. I've got her at 7*. I'll throw some gear at her and report back. I anxiously await hearing about an Ewok team, but damned if I'll do it. Nyub yub.

7. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Definitely want to hear back about Ahsoka, I might actually start farming her again.

I just wonder what the eventual next meta will be. If they do eventually do something system-wide (I've seen some talk about a more meaningful defense stat), it's bound to shake things up. Personally, I'd like to see some sort of bonus the more synergy your team has. No idea if it's a bad idea or not, but I love being able to run a (mostly) resistance team in LS/Cantina/GW and would enjoy it being effective in arena. Droids and Jedi seem to work really well in arena, but not much else.

8. Computerlame

Computerlame Level 14

I'm curious as well about Ashoka, but mostly because she is one of my 6 Jedi at 6* (used her to get my 6* Yoda recently).

Ewoks...yeah I'd probably make a team for fun when they release Wickett so there's a full 5 fuzzball team of them (so far I have 3* Teebo, 3* Elder and 4* Scout so why not...) I had an Ewok alt for SWFC named Ewok Throw Rugs Inc. so it seems only fair to do for giggles here.

9. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Ahsoka is extremely self sufficient and a solid addition to my roster. With Sid everywhere in Arena, she doesn't make the cut for me there, but she's great in GW and missions. Get her unique and special up to 4, and just watch her go. Her special doesn't get full use due to the attached skillset, but at least once a battle I'm glad I kept it cocked. She really shines with QGJ as leader (like the basic bitch I am). With so many Jedi healers, she rounds out a viable and comfortable QGJ lead team in GW which is extremely nice. Make sure and rotate her if you run up against a crit-centric, and/or multi-attack team (not just Rey) as she is pretty dependent on her unique. It rarely drops otherwise and is pretty easy to get back with her crit rating.

Her special may be bugged at the moment and offering heals even when the character is below 50%, but maybe that's just me.

She's not top of any heap, but she adds enough for me to comfortably recommend.
    http://swgoh.gg/characters/ahsoka-tano/

A system wide shake up is probably needed. They've been a bit heavy handed with the targeted nerf bat, so it makes me feel a bit more at ease. Synergy would be interesting. Maybe a stats up boost? It would certainly make more fringe teams viable.

Come oooooonnnn, Wickett.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    TheBeard likes this.
  10. roadburn12

roadburn12 Level 34

Im pissed the droid event is google play only, That alone voids the joy of farming ben

11. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    Droids ftw.

12. roadburn12

roadburn12 Level 34

Iv been droiding since day 1, i want an event for them too :(

13. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

It's really not a big deal, but it does help a bit. You need 3 droids minimum to enter. Only droids can enter, so if (like me) you only have 3 droids, that’s all you can use. No Poggle or Geo Soldier. You fight a team of 2 Jawas and Dathcha (not as the leader). My three droids (HK and the two IGs) are 7 stars, so I only did the 3rd tier. You can do 2 battles per day. Higher tiers have better/more rewards. The rewards are okay, but not amazing. You can get Shards from HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, and Magnaguard. 3 Shards for the 3rd tier. For me, anything other than Magnaguard is just Shard Shop currency. You can also get Tier II and III Ability Mats. And finally, you also can get 7 star Training Droids, which give 12,000 XP each

The actual fight wasn't that hard, but my droids are 7 star, level 70, with maxed attacks, Gear, and abilities. The evnt will run for another 13 days, so a max of 14 battles. There was also a free Droid Pack. I didn't get anything good out of it. I'm not sure if it's a one-time thing or daily. It disappeared after I used it.

14. roadburn12

roadburn12 Level 34

Yeah i was eading up and it doesnt look big, still would have liked to get a special use for my 4 droids though.

and that pack iv heard runs for 15(?) days and if you get at least 12 you get an achievement.

Oh well, at least i get to farm ben which iv wanted since day 1

15. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

The droid pack is a daily thing, part of the 12 days of spring achievement.

16. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

Yeah, it showed up again. It's just not at the normal reset for everything else, which is odd.