New update disappointments

Discussion in 'Plundernauts' started by knotty, Oct 7, 2014.

1. DoYouKnowPeter

DoYouKnowPeter Level 2

One more thing that is kind of blowing my mind......

am I just COMPLETELY missing something here, or does it cost like..... 30 times more to create "valuable" items in the forge meant for selling than you actually get for selling those objects after creating them? In other words, what is the point? For example, if you buy 3 of the little sodas (cheap) then put them in the forge to create a valuable "drum" of the soda..... it costs like $33,000 to just USE the forge with them, but then the drum (I'm just using the drum of soda as an example and I don't remember any of the ACTUAL numbers, but they're all WAY off) will only sell for a few thousand dollars...... so why spend over $33,000 to waste a forge spot for hours and hours just to get an item that sells for like $25,000 less than you spent to make it?

or, again.... am I just missing something very obvious, here?

2. DoYouKnowPeter

DoYouKnowPeter Level 2

I grabbed some actual numbers for example....

1 bag of "Gravity Plasma" is 56 gold.
    you can then place 3 bags of "Gravity Plasma" (168 gold) into the Forge to create a Gravity Plasma Drum.
    Just the start the forge with this combination costs 19,802 gold, for a total of 19,970 gold spent to create the Gravity Plasma Drum (if the original bags or gravity plasma are purchased, not won in battle).
    And the value of the Gravity Plasma Drum if sold? 4,951 gold. So, even if you won the original three gravity plasmas in battle, you still lose 14,851 gold. Unless there is some super awesome forge recipe that uses the Gravity Plasma Drum to complete, I can't understand what the point of this is (and all of the many other objects and forge recipes like it.... it costs me 49,511 just to forge together 3 ingots of refined coppertainium, for christ's sake!)

So my question to you guys and to the devs is.... am I missing something blaringly obvious? or is the scale of these things just totally f'd?