New update disappointments

Discussion in 'Plundernauts' started by knotty, Oct 7, 2014.

1. knotty

knotty Level 10

Well I have to say that after playing with the update a bit today, I am pretty throughly disappointed.

First difference is that every single weapon and ship has been nerfed by about 60-70% in terms of hp and dps. My lvl 23 roswell went from 140k hp to 48k hp.

My best legendary turret went from 6500 dps to 2300... so much for being diligent with forging for the last many months. Even legendary turrets at the previous level cap barely break 2k dps now. While dropping everything across the board was for "balancing reasons," why not leave the values where they were rather than nerf everything? Doesn't make any sense, and makes the numbers we have become accustomed to seem far less valuable in comparison.

Everything in terms of damage output is roughly 2/3 the effectiveness of what it used to be. Single player missions have had no changes to the strength of the ships, which means that farming now takes much longer. AI is still pretty stupid if you have a fast ship and long range turrets, so the challenge has no increased at all - just the time to complete each level.

Some of my turrets have changed their behavior as well. Where as before, my favorite missile turrets had fast, straight-flying projectiles... and now they are those worthless zig-zaggy rounds that never even get close to a target unless they move at snail speed.

Also relevant - THERE IS NO NEW SINGLE PLAYER CONTENT. Warp portals which advertise "coming soon" is just a joke at the player's expense it would seem.

I had understood the "fleet" part of pvp to mean that we could team up together, but apparently all it means is that the more ships you have in your inventory, the more ships a person has to fight to win against you. I have used my extra ships as mules to pack in more inventory items, but none other than my main ship is battle-worthy. It's stupidly easy to pick off the straggler ships another player has on the table. Very lame.

I am considerably unimpressed... especially because we have been waiting for 5+ months on a update. I think it may just be time to delete this game :/

This is coming from one of the biggest fans of the game, too. I highly suggest that you do not spend any money on the game at this point. The developers do not deserve any cookies for this garbage.

2. knotty

knotty Level 10

Another note:

I searched for PVP targets about 20 times, and only found potential players to attack 4-5 of those times. The rest of the time, the search log was empty. Great job with your coding skills, devs!

3. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

I have to agree! And I mean it's time to quit this game.

This new PvP isn't really PvP. I just found that the server will use your ships even when you are not online! That means you just simply hemorrhage money as the server plays you ship as a drone. Additionally, your standing drops! So the longer you have down loaded the new update and not play, the more money you lose! I shouldn't have to pay if I'm not playing.

I'm also assuming the cloaking, which cost 225AM takes you out of the blind rotations? If so this is getting too blatant in buying coins.

I'm disarming all my ships, so if you fight my drone you know you haven't beaten me. No glory. No bragging rights. Nothing! You just got target practice.

The added benefit is that when I lose all my money it'll just make me quit sooner!

IF ANY DEVELOPERS ARE LISTENING, SHUT THE DRONE PLAY DOWN!!

I was never excited about PvP, so pls let me play in peace!

4. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

Oh yes. One other thing. In the new update, every sleep event causes Plundernauts to reload itself from the server. That means if you sleep (I.e. Close the cover of your device, or the device times out, etc.), it will lock and reload. So congratulations, your device just turned into a brick until it's reloaded. I sure hope you don't need to get to something within 2-3 mins, like make an urgent call, or try to turn off you device for the nice TSA agent who are snapping their rubber gloves waiting oh so patiently.

5. JaGGeR101

JaGGeR101 Level 7

I haven't opened the "PvP Scan" and "Fleet Log" yet. Or signed in to anything in Plundernauts yet except iOS's gamecenter. Does that mean I haven't opted-in to PvP yet? I'm currently watching my gold to see if it diminishes over time.

6. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

It seems if you don't have enough for the $30,000 or so, the other player gets nothing. :D

I've just got to find enough stuff to hold my cash. I.e. Hold your money in stuff and only sell it to use the cash. Materials are the best as you can sell them for the same amount you buy them for.

7. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

OK. I'm pretty slow these days.

Thinking about it now, since there isn't a place to register and wait for real opponents, Plundernauts must create an opponent on the fly for you to battle. Otherwise you have to login and wait for someone else to pick you. Kind of like finding a dance partner. Unless you show up with a partner, you can only pick someone already there or wait. So unless the scan matches you up in that short interval and when you pick someone, they magically pick you too, PvP isn't really Player vs Player.

So, I apologize for my outburst. I just had higher expectations.

So the only real advance is that the server uses your ship and your money. Assuming you have configured a better ship, but it has no idea how you play. They might as well have just cloned your ship and just use them. But I suspect this gives more of an emotional element, so you play and spend more. But I still hate the fact they pick your pockets.

For me I have stopped playing more and more. plundernauts may very well be on its last leg for me:(

8. JaGGeR101

JaGGeR101 Level 7

Indeed. This is no PvP. It seems retarded to call it PvP when all that happened is they sent an AI to take over our ships (with a percentage of our gold) to battle and be looted. They could have taken a page out of Chillingo's Spice Bandits (not sure if it is okay to mention other games here) on how to do PvP (competition mode). It even has co-op (cooperation) mode.

As of now, I'll just be grinding (ever so slowly now or do bounties) to level cap again. Also, try my hand at legendaries on level cap. But no plans of ever touching the Fleet Log and PvP Scan. So far, I see no drop in my gold (or I just did not notice since I'm at around 13mil) since I think I've not opted-in / registered (if there was/is such a thing) to PvP.

9. JaGGeR101

JaGGeR101 Level 7

Just read this from their facebook page:
    ---
    Q: “@%$#! I don’t want to play PVP! I just want to play singleplayer! Why are you forcing me to play PVP?”

Another very good (and colorful) question and the answer is... we’re not. Although admittedly in the Early-Access Event we didn’t do a good job making sure you knew the option was yours! Before you start playing multiplayer, you first have to tap the “PVP Scan” button. When you do so, you’re presented a Multiplayer name pop-up with an ‘Accept’ & ‘Cancel’ button. If you choose‘Cancel’, the multiplayer name pop-up will be... canceled. And if you want to engage in multiplayer in the future, the scan and fleet buttons are always there for you if you later decide you want to engage in PVP. We’ll be making sure that Polly is very clear about what the multiplayer ‘Cancel’ and ‘Accept’ buttons do in the future!
    ---

So, it would seem that I have not joined multiplayer or "PvP" since I have not done any of those things. Now, if only you could have an option to opt-out for those who have opted-in and have found it lacking / unsatifactory. It would be subject for abuse, though (opt-in when you want to attack, and opt-out when going offline).

10. Cyberlunacy

Cyberlunacy Level 5

Jagger,, there is no game like this where you can opt out when you exit the game... Nozomi, Clash of Clans, Plunder Pirates, and on and on and on... you get attacked when you are not ingame,, it is the way it is.

if you dont want PvP then do as you have done and dont opt in.

although none of the games i listed allow you not to opt in,, its automatic,, so be happy they didnt make multiplayer automatic.

the reason they dont allow opting out when you exit is that most people would open the game, collect gold, play some PvP and exit.. you would NEVER get attacked because you are active in the game.., and you wouldnt be able to attack anyone because the other players would be active and not open to attack.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  11. Cyberlunacy

Cyberlunacy Level 5

they DO need ot make the payoff for winning MUCH higher... MUCH higher.
    plus the elixir stuff needs a payout too, and higher experience maybe, though its good for now.

2 on 1 battles need MASSIVE payout.. not just 10-20k more money. i mean hundreds of thousands in rewards for having your single ship beat 2 other people at once.

12. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

Ugh!! My son tapped on all that to see what PvP looks like. Oh well.:( Sigh. But I probably would have clicked though with all the incorrect assumptions I had about PvP anyway.

13. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

Well........

As of yesterday, I'm officially out of the game. Too many disappointments.

Overall this was a great game, but finally the negatives won over the positives.

Some highlights include placing 3rd (though very briefly) and really only losing 3-4 times in the PvP. I think in the end I had about a dozen Legendary stuff (all forged). I even forged 3 Low level Legendaries to get one better one. Sadly most we're not very useful. E.g. a Legendary lvl 25 Blaster. Looks great, but its shotgun approach, means many shots would miss. The Torpedo Legendary was surprisingly useful. The torpedo speed improve immensely, so it wasn't like the basic torpedoes where you just dodged them. I was also amazed at the plethora of fighter/bomber variations. You really want the faster and high HP fighters by forging exactly alike fighters. The maxed out Tungusta w/three 35.x% turbopumps and a 158% accelerator was funny. As the speed increased, the ship would vibrate and rest of the world would shake (in the victory clip). Eventually there were even flames coming out the tailpipe!

OK. Thanks for the memories! Happy Plundering everyone.

14. Imjl, before you go, any tips on how to forge Legendary items? Like, only combine the same rarity of a turret, or does it matter? Does it matter if you combine salvaged turrets with upgraded turrets of the same type? Does combining different level turrets of the same type matter?

I've been playing off and on since the game released, and have still not forged ANY Legendary items. Any advice you can give on how to specifically increase chances for a Legendary item is much appreciated!! Thanks!

15. roflwaffle

roflwaffle Level 6

Keep with three of same as you can make them, theyve said rarity matters, so 3 whites, three blues. Not sure if picture matching helps though, or even results in same weap after (3 wave lazers make 1 new wave laser? Maybe)

16. roflwaffle

roflwaffle Level 6

Nope. Matching doesnt result in same type

17. knotty

knotty Level 10

This is incorrect. Before the update I saved blues and pinks of each turret or item that I like. Everytime, the result will be at least the same rarity of the same turret (i.e. three blue missiles will at least give a blue missile that matches the current level).

There is a thread on this with tons of results that show this consistently, btw.

18. roflwaffle

roflwaffle Level 6

First, reread my post. I meant matching 3x say wave lasers does not result in a wave lase, just any random laser, usually of the rarity or higher than you put in.

Also, 3 epics will yield more epics than three commons, but they most certainly can drop ran from 3 rares into one uncommon. Ive seen it consistently.

On facebook, plundernauts pr has also confirmed that 3 of one type can drop in rarity during forging

19. knotty

knotty Level 10

Yes I re-read your single unspecific sentence before I posted.

None of us who collected some rather thorough data over several months on forging and recorded the results ever saw three similar rarity items turn into one lesser. If I still had the spreadsheet with 70+ result examples, I'd be happy to share it with you, but I deleted it after the most recent craptastic update as it was a waste of time to track anymore.

It's interesting that you have seen rarity actually drop before, and if true, it's likely another sloppy programming bug. How many times have you seen this? Because your use of the word "consistently" an exaggeration unless you see it predictably every few forge results.

Either way this game sucks now anyway, at least most of us can agree on that much. This is a pretty dumb thing to argue about anyway so I digress :p

20. roflwaffle

roflwaffle Level 6

My single sentence was a response to the previous, also written by me. Check the post above it.

I had an idea, then verified the behavior and came back to report.

Agreed game is lame now. A pity

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014