New tier list

Discussion in 'General' started by Darkale, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Darkale

Darkale Level 19

UPDATE:
    There is a tier list from the Chinese CQ community which ranks the units based on PVP/PVE/World Boss. I have had it semi-translated (my Chinese is pretty bad) and placed it into a google spreadsheet. If you guys like to make a list for AppInvasion, we could work off this spreadsheet. Feel free to leave comments or PM me with remarks if you think a unit should have a different rank.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lx2QaAuC_1_iVBA7JAHMMzgC58xsBNK9z4SCPVEStdM/edit#gid=0

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hi all, new tier list with the new units. Arona is B cause she's ...Bugged? o_O

***NOTE:
    This list is based solely on PvAI in the coliseum and has no bearing to the units' performance in PvE quest dungeons and World Bosses.
    This list rates units as a standalone and do not account for possible synergies in team building.
    Team synergies are a much more important aspect than a unit's rank when forming great teams.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source: http://www.hungryapp.co.kr/bbs/bbs_view.php?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Melionus, simpnes, Hexatomb and 2 others like this.
  2. Tokirupa

Tokirupa Level 6

I'd have to say Mondrian is S class. He's Archon, but doesn't require to get 6 blocks/buff to unleash his full potential. Stack a 3 block + ally block = wipe most teams. I'd also say No. 9 = Sneak since both are very good yet Sneak is better at single target wipe like WB while No.9 can 1 shot an entire team if they stack. I know the meta is still 1 block spammers atm, but tbh Mondrian is a huge rising star.

3. Darkale

Darkale Level 19

Yep in order for a chain-3 unit to be viable in the current meta the unit has to really do a crap ton of damage from that chain-3, ie. Kriem, Mondrain, Archon, Sigruna.

4. Sorry, Im new to the game and apparently some charachters have hidden passives the tomes dont mention (eg. Archons chain 3 lightening ball DPS) And Im really confused as to why Robin is considered really good. Since I dont know much about the unit, just judging by the tome, he does magic damage piercing arrows and he shoots additional arrows that dont pierce? My question is. Do the additional '2 arrows' that dont pierce do equal damage to the piearcing arrow? Eg. Will the 3 block at 6 star hit the enemy as a whole for 250% attack damage and the front line unit for an additional 500%? or am i missing a hidden passive or something?

5. JuamEx

JuamEx Guest

I thought they already update the tome...
    Current robin passive shoots 2 arrows when ally uses 3 chain block and the arrows pierces the enemy

6. Laxus

Laxus Level 16

I WANT ARONA FIXED! Hahahaha... I've already made a ticket but still no reply from tech. support :/

7. xDeion

xDeion Level 6

Why is Robin better than Hikari? can anyone explain to me pls?

8. OPneedNerfs

OPneedNerfs Level 11

75% chance to fire off 2x chain-3 arrows whenever an ally uses a chain-3 that has a cd of only 1s.

9. Skaitavia

Skaitavia Moderator

Medals:
    Does Robin's passive have no cooldown? I like this more up-to-date tier list.

Edit: Didn't see the most recent reply xD

10. simpnes

simpnes Level 7

We could do our tier list. Appinvasion tier list. We can create a topic and everyone gives your opinion about the tier list, and we gather the information. With world boss/pvp/pve tier lists.
    ...or not :eek:

11. Laxus

Laxus Level 16

We could but same as to what I saw from another thread it would be quite hard knowing that each different person is entitled to his opinion. That's why most of these tier list are made made by one person (then he gets judged :p).

12. Darkale

Darkale Level 19

Although this tier list is one person's opinion he did mention that he has gotten feedback from the community. It's still subjective though.

Apart from Mondrian and Arona, I think the tier list is pretty spot on.

Skaitavia likes this.
  13. simpnes

simpnes Level 7

I think the focus on the pvp make new players confused with this tier list. By my own experience hehehe.

14. Darkale

Darkale Level 19

Yep thanks for that. Added a note in the post as a disclaimer.

simpnes likes this.
  15. shamwow

shamwow Level 9

Yeah I also think mondrian should be put in "S" class at LEAST. IMO I think d'art should be "SS" with nightingale as the both are solid heroes one with raw damage and the other with raw heal. they fit in alot of team comps which make them very flexible. for joan i feel like she should be placed higher as she plays a bigger role than most expect with the sp regen. maria and robin maybe inbetween "SS" and "S" i find the maria/robin/d'art comp terrifying and should make them more appealing. Plus they can be obtain without any money spent. Idk if these are rated by individual ranks or by team composition but some of them can be place either higher or lower.

16. Darkale

Darkale Level 19

I'm pretty sure they are based off individual ranks. I'm not disagreeing with you, but here these are my rationale for some of the rankings:
    D'art isn't as powerful as no.9 or sneak as a standalone so i think S is a reasonable rank for her.
    While nightingale has pretty sick heals, having a priest in PvAI isn't as game changing as having No.9, Alex or Lilith.
    Joan as an individual unit isn't very good and her stats are pretty mediocre as well. Won't you agree that the unit benefiting from the SP Regen and then dishing out a crap ton of damage should be rated higher than her? The list rates all SP Regen units (Gon, Spyro, Joan) equally which is reasonable.
    I just noticed Chai is ranked A+ but have read pretty bad reviews on her though.

17. jayz

jayz Level 12

Holding on my bread for dart once i get her

Or shls i raise mondrain to 6*

Hmmm

18. Dave510

Dave510 Level 8

If we do a tier list it should be done in a way similar to the Korean tier lists. That is, one person (someone knowledgable about the game, such as Darkale) facilitates a discussion before forming a list on his own at the end. A tier list should not be based on community votes because knowledge is not democratic. If a bunch of newbies join the game tomorrow and think Leon is the greatest thing since slice bread, and all vote for him, that doesn't make Leon the best character in the game.

Darkale, simpnes and zeroxlimits like this.
  19. zeroxlimits

zeroxlimits Level 24

^ Agreed. Perhaps a few people can spear head this instead of one person. Might make it easier if it's a few experienced players.

Also agreed with @Darkale, the tierlist seems to be more based on the individual units rather than them being in a team. You wouldn't make a team of just Lilith and sneak with Alex. Sure there's some synergy, but it wouldn't be the most optimum.

20. Skaitavia

Skaitavia Moderator

Medals:
    I'd definitely want to share my input, as I've had a lot of experience with lesser popular units like Rachel, Monte, and Woompa.

We could discuss this in the future!

kazaf10, zed425 and simpnes like this.