New Event and Nute

Discussion in 'General' started by TheBeard, Oct 1, 2015.

1. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

So... we can swap out our low tier 5*, potentially for a vastly better one...

The event so far seems okay, it's new so that has me sated for now, but Nute makes it interesting.

From what I gather, he doesn't pop up at any set interval, some people have got to him right away while others are left floundering (I'm in that last one).

Now, I'm not entirely sure there is an endgame here (can anyone with large amounts of ep confirm anything?), but unless there are huge rewards, would it be strategically sound to go through the first 8-10 maps (I forget what the checkpoints are) and start over in order to limit the amount of ep used by going on the smaller maps and find nute while the enemies are super weak?

Any other questions (or answers) folks might have?

My other one at the moment is if the anniversary/mtf 5* are included in the swap list.

EDIT: Spreadsheet courtesy of @EllBringa documenting where we've seen Nute!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fCOBpDtJkCi_GARwrPJ7WdO1ku5jZwt9UBxMhXR7rsc/edit?usp=sharing

EllBringa: "Edit the columns to the left of the black bar.
    Everything to the right is equations and formulas.
    May not need to be typed, but just in case, don't be a douche. This is for everyone's benefit."

DATA THUS FAR:
    --With one exception, all appearances of Nute recorded in this thread have been sector 10 or after
    --Sectors 28 and below are recommended for farming due to needing two stamina per square starting in 29
    --Appearances of 4* and 5* deals cannot be determined based on sector number thus far, probably due to small sample size
    --Most of the time, Nute is visible from either the beginning or the end of the sector

A huge thank you to all who have participated in this thread! Lots of good data and direction!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  2. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

I've considered starting over after 10 as well. The maps get very big and I really only want to find Nute anyway. The other stuff is just fluff...no surprise there.

3. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

An answer: Legion mate tried swapping 5* anniversary... does not work apparently

Also, I guess I should read better. Explicitly says so in the description :p

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  4. MomoMan83

MomoMan83 Level 15

It states in the event details that limited edition 5* cannot be swapped.

It's interesting in that it's a new event, but another map quest based one? :(

5. Starsider

Starsider Level 13

They're not, as stated in the Event Info.

6. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Yup just noticed as you posted :p Reading comprehension skills = early morning level

SumiXam and Starsider like this.
  7. karamorf

karamorf Level 15

On the plus side, finally gave us am option to skip the battle scenes. That was 90% of map quests time requirement IMO. Makes map quests much more enjoyable.

8. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Gonna try going through first checkpoint, cash out, continue from checkpoint until all stamina gone in my attempts to find nute... will see how that works...

Also, so far it looks like you can restart from any checkpoint you have reached. Though it should be noted I haven't "abandoned" any so far, just left at the checkpoints. Maybe that was in the explanation, but again, reading comprehension is not my thing today :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Starsider likes this.
  9. burn baby burn

burn baby burn Level 16

found Nute on sector 10. Hadn't read up on this event at all.

Didn't want to 'lowball' the computer (!) so traded my yoda saber for vader tie piot. Not sure if that is good or not. the other options were old Akbar or JJBGS.

10. Silas Drask

Silas Drask Level 21

Can you trade personal cards? I have a Vader MOE that I don't really need because I play LS.

Also, what about evo'd cards?

11. MomoMan83

MomoMan83 Level 15

I don't know about evo'd card, but the event details say if you trade a personal card you get a personal card in return.

12. Silas Drask

Silas Drask Level 21

I guess I'd be ok with that so long as it's something I might use. MOE's just collecting dust.

13. Harbinger2100

Harbinger2100 Level 32

I would do both of those swaps in a heartbeat.

14. burn baby burn

burn baby burn Level 16

the akhbar and JJBS appeared as choices along with the vader. I think I picked the best option, just wish I'd picked a lower value card to trade.

15. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

My legion mates are scrambling to get low tier bases to swap with Nute. Now, if I could just find him...

TheBeard likes this.
  16. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

I don't think nute will care... as soon as I find him I'm trading away my R2 5* if there is something high enough.

I think evo'd cards are available to swap, but unless it was something like a 4/7 Jabba for something high tier I'd be more reluctant to do it.

17. MomoMan83

MomoMan83 Level 15

I almost hope I don't find Nute. Except for an evo1 old Chewie, all of my others 5*'s for trade are about to go away.

18. Franck Vachon

Franck Vachon Level 17

His Nute easy to spot or do you have to walk on a square close to him.

Screenshot would be nice... ;)

Harbinger2100 likes this.
  19. Silas Drask

Silas Drask Level 21

I'm thinking of the personal 4/7 SaW I made before I knew anything about this game. lol

20. rodegoat2000

rodegoat2000 Level 25

I've only done one run through thus far. Got to sector 21. No Nute. I fear I shall never see his face.