New Battle Game

Discussion in 'General' started by Hu Chi, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Hu Chi

Hu Chi Level 41

I've been playing Splinterlands for a few days now, and I think it's got me hooked. It somewhat reminded me of SWFC, in that the challenge of the game is building your formation (after which the battle itself is run on autopilot), except there are no preset, saved formations....the conditions and max points cap varies with each match, and you have 3 minutes to set your formation up. Also cards can be merged to level up.

New players are given a small selection of account-bound cards to mess around with for free, so you can start to learn how everything works. If you want to start winning prizes and have access to the Shop and player Marketplace, you need to purchase a Spellbook ($10 usd).

This game is built on a blockchain, and all the in-game items are NFTs. Any item you win, earn or buy may be sold for cash via the in-game Marketplace or a 3rd party site of your choice. The in-game currency that you earn with every victory may be converted to Hive or Tron, and withdrawn to a crypto wallet whenever you want.

No BS here....I've only dropped $20 on the game, 10 for the Spellbook, and 10 for the Market, to level one of my Summoners, a couple Rares, and a hand full of Commons (once I got a grasp of the game and skill mechanics). This was enough that I've climbed a couple of the League brackets, and I'm pulling in a steady trickle of prizes.

I haven't enjoyed a Trading Card game this much since SWFC....and I already suspect that with time, I'll end up liking this even more. Give it a try.

Obligatory shill: Join the game using my reference link, and we'll both earn a bonus card, if you decide to buy the Spellbook https://splinterlands.com?ref=raythulhu

2. Hu Chi

Hu Chi Level 41

Oh, just as a BTW........The game lets you Lease out your cards to other players. You retain ownership of the NFT, and can reclaim it at anytime....meanwhile, the person you're Leasing it to can use it, and pays you for the privilege. So, even if you're not actively playing, you can be earning.

I haven't done this yet, so am ignorant of the finer details, but it's certainly something I'll try once I have a bigger collection built up.

3. Hu Chi

Hu Chi Level 41

OK, it's three days later, and I've put many more hours into this game........

Splinterlands freaking rocks! It's fast to play, the League and Tourney matching system seems fair, and the daily quest prizes legitimately help you improve your collection.

Many times on this forum, I ranted about SWFC needing an in-game consumable currency for easy, viable Trading......Splinterlands has that. Plus, money you put into the game can be recouped.

I've been playing a total of 1 week, and spent $20....I'm at the top of the highest league bracket my collection score qualifies me for, and I do OK for a newbie in the pay-to-enter Tourneys (so far, I've always walked away with more than I spent to enter).

Hell, I spent years playing MTGO, Hearthstone and SWFC.......Splinterlands beats them all, hands down.

P.S. Fuck Kathleen Kennedy, Fuck Disney, Fuck anyone subbed to Disney +

4. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

Sounds interesting. I may have to check it out this weekend while I'm watching Falcon & The Winter Solider.

P.S. Fuck you too, and the horse you rode in on

5. Hu Chi

Hu Chi Level 41

Something I should have clarified, for those that aren't savvy to crypto-speak: Because the cards are NFTs, if the game shuts down, you will still be able to withdraw the cards to a crypto wallet, still be able to trade them, and anyone can build a new game that uses them.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021 at 1:19 PM
  6. Hu Chi

Hu Chi Level 41

I rode in on one of the Uma Musume horse-girls, so............
    [​IMG]