Need help categorizing events

Discussion in 'Events' started by Vejetalyen, May 8, 2017.

1. Vejetalyen

Vejetalyen Level 10

Hi, I'm playing since jul 2016 and thinking of starting a petition to Konami about which events we like to see and which not. Therefore I went through all past events and tried to group them on kind of event. Unfortunately I don't know the old events. So I need a little help here.When finnished I'll start the petition.

Group 1 (Raid the Boss):
    Operation Hoth Defensive; Operation Hoth Defensive II; Endor Ambush; The Battle of Endor; Naboo Monster Hunting; The Ancient Terror; Galactic Uprising, Wrath of the Rathtars; Hungry Giants; Galactic operations; Sarlac event (?).

Group 2A (Bountyhunt):
    Tatooine Bounty Hunt; Galaxy's Most Feared; Search & Seizure, Krennic requests, Battle of the Death Star campaign.

Group 2B (Bountyhunt extra):
    Rise of the Death Star.

Group 3 ((sector events battling NPC formations):
    The Invasion of Naboo; Battle of Felucia; Battle of Mygeeto; Battle of Kashyyyk; Battle of Utapau, The Geonosian Battlefield, Geonosis, Rogue intruders; Elite operatives.

Group 4 (map quest):
    Expanded Borders; Death Star Expanded Borders; Revenge of the bosses; Smuggler's run, Kamino event; Quartzite event.

Group 5 (Legion events):
    Legions at War; Commanders of the republic; Defend and destroy; Legionairy Domination.

Group 6 (unique game mechanic):
    Boonta eve podrace, Contra mini-game, Last Stand: Defend the base.

Group 7 (small events):
    trick-or-treating, Log-in events.

Pls note if u think an event is grouped wrong then please advice.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    meskary and hammy~the~hamsta like this.
  2. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

Wow nice compilation of all of these good work.
    Ill look through later. @osver has been around ages so I know at least he should know a bit about some of these

meskary likes this.
  3. osver

osver Level 52

Aren't group 1 and group 7 the same? Monster hunts? Whether you're hunting Blizzards, Naboo water monsters, or Rathtars, it's all the same to me.

My problem is while I've played all of these, I don't remember the names of events.

Uncategorized:
    Rise of the Death Star <-- I think this was the very first event
    The Geonosian Battlefield <-- probably goes in group 3. If I remember right this was when 4* Jango was released. Believe it or not he was one of the best Mids in the game at the time.
    Boonta eve podrace <-- unique event, there's nothing else like it.
    Battle of the Death Star campaign <-- was this the first Anniversary or May the 4th event? The type where there's 4 health bars and everyone works together to attack it (via AP draws)?
    Geonosis <-- ??? dunno. Same as Geonosian Battlefield?
    Last Stands <-- I get this and Defend the Base confused. One of them you and two allies fought off attackers on a map, and there was a chair you could go to and shoot missiles at enemies.
    Raid boss <-- ??? not sure, is this just a monster hunt?
    Galactic operations <-- was this the Trade Nute event? Go through 100+ map levels looking for the exit, and occasionally find Nute on the map and hope you get to trade in a 5* card (but he'd normally trade in a 4* instead)
    Defend the base <-- I get this and Last Stands confused. One of them you and two allies fought off attackers on a map, and there was a chair you could go to and shoot missiles at enemies.

You may want to search on those even titles in the event sub-forum, to see if there's more info in there.

4. TPW

TPW Level 54

Last stand and defend the base is the same event. IIRC it was called Last Stand: Defend the Base

The Monster hunt, Rathtar, Battle for Hoth against the giant blizzards are all part of the Raid Boss category.

Galactic Operations is the event where Nute the Trader could pop up at some point. Best grind event ever (was actually fun to do).

I remember there was a Death star event like the battle of geonosis just because of a picture here a long time ago (before I joined the game). Same as the last formation battle we've had (Battle of Tokodana or whatever?) Vader DS and Ben Kenobi DS were released there, along with the 3* DS versions of Han, Luke, Leia and Stormtrooper.
    There was one where we had to hunt stolen supplies back from the rebels. This ended with the retrieval at 96% which meant none of us got a (personal) diamond ticket. Was a death star related event but in fact is just a bounty hunt
    All the other Death Star related events were to spend AP to attack the death star with the whole player base.

meskary likes this.
  5. GiantPenguinCavalier

GiantPenguinCavalier Level 46

there was a sarlacc event too at one point. it was another monster raid event (group 7). i think that was when DFH was released.

group 3 is all of those sector events, right? it was your legion vs 4-5 other legions, battling in sectors to get a portion of the points doled out if completed to 100% of the battle score goal. if so, then there was also a battle of takodana one of these.

meskary likes this.
  6. Vejetalyen

Vejetalyen Level 10

Thank you so far. I edited in what I belief u guys told me so far. I think the events on group 4 should be placed somewhere-else. But I dunno their mechanic. So need a hlp there.

Hope I'm right so far? If u got better names for the game mechanics pls advise.

meskary likes this.
  7. TPW

TPW Level 54

Expanded borders had the same mechanics as the Smuggler's run and RotB. In fact it's exactly what smuggler's run is now.

meskary and Vejetalyen like this.
  8. Vejetalyen

Vejetalyen Level 10

Ah ok! Thnx! Big help!