Natural 5 stars that you don't use... :(

Discussion in 'General' started by Ohshow, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    Hey guys just thought I would make a thread for people to list their natural 5 stars that they rarely use... Maybe people in the forum can comment and find a good use for them!

No one wants to admit that they don't use their natural 5 stars since they are so rare and should be the pride and joy of anyone's collection!

I'll start the thread off!

I currently have 2 natural 5 stars that aren't used much for anything...

Verad (Water Dragon) (6 stars) - I have him built despair/focus spd/hp/def. I have him def% b/c he has the 2nd highest def in the game and that def rune is beast with over 20% hp substats! He's so well runed, 6 starred, and awakend, but I never use him... I can complete TOA w/o using him even once...
    He prob has the most potential out of the two from my list b/c a Korean player said that Verad is almost a must to clear TOA hard... Mines not skilled which is why he's prob not as viable right now. Also I don't plan on attempting TOA hard anytime soon... Don't have the patience for it, but if you guys have Verad and know of any uses for him please help!

Charlotte (Wind Occult Girl) (5 stars) - I have her built despair/energy or something and found myself stripping her runes for my other TOA/Despair monsters like barreta... I have a pretty set SPD AO team I'm currently working on and I have other rotation monsters for the tankier/longer battles... She seems to have nice skill set, but she's not 6 starred and I can't see a reason to substitute her for some of the monsters I use more frequently. The only potential I see is having just another natural 5 star monster that I can use in Guild wars offense. You can never have enough options and more options means I can be more aggressive since I can afford to lose a monster or two per battle...

She is the one I have the most questions about... Do you guys see her in any AD in conq3 rank and above? If so how is she runed? Damage or pure CC? She is an attack monster, but I just don't like wind attackers anymore b/c they fall off so much in high arena b/c of the meta and I have other options that I would use instead of her for wind attackers... Lushen/Lagmaron/Copper who are already 6 starred with elite runes...

What combinations have you seen her used in guild wars defense that made her challenging, if any?

@KAZUTO111 @Ittadakkimaas @bigjohn42255 @sraya @Mushbeard @Malffej

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    ExUprising likes this.
  2. binhdocco2

binhdocco2 Level 9

My Chow, the only 1 natural 5* I got, but ...

3. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    Chow should def be used!

binhdocco2 likes this.
  4. binhdocco2

binhdocco2 Level 9

Yes, but he is not strong enough

Your Verad (Water Dragon) and Charlotte (Wind Occult Girl) are good in ToA hard mode, I wish I had them

5. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    He can be a part of your dragons b10 team and AD team if you build the right team around him!

He is also tanky enough to take as a damage dealer into 3vs3 guild wars and different arena situations. Hope he's 6 starred and awakened! Def go violent on him!

6. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    Charlotte for TOA hard? Haven't heard of that yet! Interested, have any more info? I would def trade you my charlotte for your chow lol...

7. binhdocco2

binhdocco2 Level 9

Yup, she makes sleep, decrease gause + stun aoe

If I have them, I will make this team to go hard mode:

fire sylph/dark grim + light succubus + Charlotte + Verad + fire vampire

8. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    no heals?! wow i would be literally be banking on stun locking the entire time! lol... It seems like it's entirely possible with this setup though if I manage their skills well, but I doubt I can even attempt this until I 6 star my charlotte and max out both her and verad's skills... Right now verad is similar if not worse than even Tyron w/o his skill ups... CC not reliable without powerups... And I def need all the cooldowns I can get w/o a zero heal team lol...

9. binhdocco2

binhdocco2 Level 9

Yes, if you do control team well, no need healer, if not, use Ahman instead of Charlotte

Here is my team to pass f72 on hard mode, I don't have light succubus, so I use dark pixie to slow them all

[​IMG]

Ohshow likes this.
  10. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    Wow! That's impressive!! lol at dark pixie though. Can't find anyone better? BTW how's the dark grim? I have a couple I can summon with pieces! Is he better than having 2 barettas?

11. binhdocco2

binhdocco2 Level 9

2 barettas can't be used in hard mode
    dark grim is awesome, his skil2 + skil3 are a perfact combo
    dark pixie has skil2 100% slow all, easy to get + max skill, I don't know who else

12. KAZUTO111

KAZUTO111 Level 23

Verad - Yeah, basically just for ToA Hard I think.

Charlotte - Not too many uses... I do know there is one guy who uses Vanessa/Zaiross/Charlotte/Bernard as a speed team on AD in G2 so that's something to consider if you ever pull Vanessa and Zaiross lol. I think she's one of the weaker nat 5s.

My one and only nat 5, Lagmaron, summoned way back in June 2014! (goodness I've been playing this game for a long time), has gone through a period of disuse but he is now firmly back in my good graces, getting used in AO, GWs, Dragons, Giants, ToA, and farming.

13. slopixi

slopixi Level 19

Wow that just impressive, I have sitting dark grim on bench max skilled, maybe he will leave bench for toa hard.

To contribute to main topic in my arsenal this is WIND Ifrit. Will try to put RageBlade set with 220CrD on him but situational third skill takes a value from him while Lushen shines with it without additional dependency.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    binhdocco2 likes this.
  14. wolf_zly

wolf_zly Level 16

Water Ifrit :(

15. ScorchingSoul

ScorchingSoul Level 7

@Ohshow I have a verad, runed the exact same way as yours but mine is full skilled. Every once in awhile when i face a full or 3/4 fire team, I would bring Verad along with Tyron for ultimate cc and burst them down one by one.

Ohshow likes this.
  16. Malffej

Malffej Level 17

Lagma at times... but other than that all Nat5's have their own use in my opinion. I would kill for a Verad... Have you tried building your Verad violent instead? Charlotte is a CC machine IMO.

Ohshow likes this.
  17. Meefster

Meefster Level 13

Nice team. Hmmm, now you've got me thinking ...

Does anyone know if skill-ups on Kro's first skill boost boosts the harmful effect rate of both the def break and the dots?

I already have a max skilled Kro (currently unruned), and i have thrain in storage so was thinking Baretta/Kro/Thrain/Veromos/Verde might be viable - lots of speed, stun and dots :).

binhdocco2 likes this.
  18. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    Have you encountered a good charlotte in arena/guild wars that was intimidating?

I have not tried violent runes on him, but have heard despair is the best especially if you want to go TOA hard route... Plus my violent runes are occupied by my pvp monsters atm... Don't have enough to rune my verad yet... lol

19. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    Sounds like a good idea lol Usually for full fire teams I just bring a ramagod to tank and bring anavel/chloe/lumi plus sig and camilla for burst dps!

20. Malffej

Malffej Level 17

Unfortunately nothing that I wasn't able to handle... The biggest threat was when Charlotte was in an ultra speed CC team, but there are ways to easily beat those team comps. She feels like more of a PvE monster IMO.

Yeah I guess Verad should be running despair, he is the king of CC... Although I would be curious to see how he would perform with violent as even without despair his kit provides an insane amount of CC already.