My retirement

Discussion in 'General' started by cirecire2012, Oct 25, 2014.

1. cirecire2012

cirecire2012 Level 13

Hi guys,

After one year plus in the game, decided to retire from the game. Planning to write my experience here. Here is the final screen shot of my deck. I leave with not regrets (except for the money I spent)

[​IMG]

Davidjpoitras likes this.
  2. cirecire2012

cirecire2012 Level 13

The main reason for my retirement?

1) Money and addiction
    2) Time
    3) Health
    4) Family (also under time related)

3. cirecire2012

cirecire2012 Level 13

1) Money and addiction

When I first downloaded the game, its because its free. Played the few mission and found that I have to spend to be with the big boys. The game is structured in a very "need to spend" mentality. The more you spend the better you are. Also, each new campaign, mission have better characters, your present cards and deck will never to good enough. But the game team keeps pulling you back by giving you loyalty rewards, improving the rewards offers and farming opportunities. Making me stayed on the game till now.

Sadly to say. I have spent more that 3k till date. Come to think of it, what did I gain beside these beautiful online decks and the fun of playing the game? Isn't gambling these 3K+ better? You get the kicks and you might earn something back.

*note: these are just my personal feeling and opinions. Feel free to comment and disagree

4. mastrolilli

mastrolilli Level 16

Despite not being in your situation I can understand your reasons.

I started playing on a modded kindle fire that didn't have the payment system working. I also have a habit of spending more than I should on TF toys so I always tought money was better spent that way when I started playing on my phone as well. Ironically for me TFL is the healthier of the 2 habits but I always feel I'm making things much much harder on myself for not spending.

5. cirecire2012

cirecire2012 Level 13

Thanks for understanding. I am a toy collector too! Was never a G1 toy fan (except for Predaking, which was a dream toy since I was very young). What pulled me in was the Classic and Generation line. They (Hasbro) really did a very good job designing the toys. Look great in both vehicle and bot mode!

Anyway, back to my retirement.

2) Time.

Time spent: Don't think anyone can deny the time needed to spend if you want to be on top.

Timing: Events always ends at 6am for me. So its tough for me to wake up to check on my ranking. Especially for TvT, I always tell me teammates that I may not be around at the end of each day.

6. cirecire2012

cirecire2012 Level 13

3) Health.

Finding myself skipping sleep and playing the game in total darkness (coz my family sleeping). Soon, I am constantly sleeping on the job and having blurred vision.

7. cirecire2012

cirecire2012 Level 13

4) Family

I have 2 boys (3.5 and 2 years old). Have to admit that I have sacrifised time with family for time playing the game. Whenever I finish T100, have mixed feelings. Satisfaction being in T100 but feeling guilty for ignoring my boys for the week.

8. cirecire2012

cirecire2012 Level 13

Still I have lots of fond memories of the game. Especially want to thank two person, Davidjpoitras and RampagingGuzzle. David intro me to this forum and has been encouraging all along. Thanks for being a friend!

Rampaging helped me a lot in my first T100 in a TvT (Unicron rises). Was at T110 with last hour to finish. He kept scanning bosses for me. I was fighting bosses none stop all the way until I was at pos 97 or 96 and seal the deal last minute. Fingers still trembling 10minutes after the game! If the game allows trading one day, they are the ones I will "trade" my cards to. That is if those cards is still worth anything by then!

9. cirecire2012

cirecire2012 Level 13

An update.

Guilty! For coming out of retirement (temporarily) and played the last campaign.

The reason? Sucker for dinobots and other animal bots. Also, Dena was cunning. They gave us free quinteson cards when we played Ambush (PvP). That gives many of us incentives that we have enough quinteson cards to upgrade raider cards in the coming events. Think this drags on to the latest Raid event where T1 fight was very tough. Well done there, Dena, you must have boost profit with that incentives you gave us!

10. Davidjpoitras

Davidjpoitras Level 22

Told ya.... Your back

11. cirecire2012

cirecire2012 Level 13

Yep, me stupid greed and ego!