My only real complaint.

Discussion in 'General, News and Updates' started by cpt sean, Oct 30, 2015.

1. cpt sean

cpt sean Level 6

I've been playing since day 1 and am loving this game still. I love character building and I love marvel and this is just a ton of fun.

My only complaint is the ISO bonus. I had no clue about changing it until recently to get bigger and better bonuses. I understand that it is my fault that I didn't know about it, but I didn't. Anyone after spending a million in gold before the update I just spent 200k and finally got an 8 ISO bonus for my main character. The crystal cost to remove ISO is a bit steep, especially considering That we have no control over which bonus we get.

I have a 6 star DD and had accidentally already had 8 ISO equipped which would have given me one, but the bonus I wound up getting cost me 600 crystals just to swap out ISO.

I just wish once you got a character to level 50 and opened up the last ISO spot it gave us the option to remove all ISO cheaply as there isn't a way of knowing which bonus you'll get.

2. ryan4nayr

ryan4nayr Level 13

Personally, I'd just like the game to be less laggy. But yeah, the ISO-8 system is pretty ridiculous.

3. cpt sean

cpt sean Level 6

I have lag issues for about 2 days after each update then they go away. I'm playing on an iPhone 6+ and never had too big of an issue.

4. Ythalacuatha

Ythalacuatha Level 10

Your problem is partially lack of knowledge.

When I get new characters, I roll for Iso sets before I socket my first Iso. Then when I finally get a kit I like, then I start socketing, so there is no wasted removes.
    Also, I hardly ever pay to remove isos. One and two stars are worthless. I just socket over them.
    I have OCCASIONALLY paid to remove a 4 star ISO.

Lately I have taken to socketing ISO in the exact order of the kit. The order is always attack then defense with Chaotic being last, which is generally how I like to socket anyway.

On a related note, Chaotic ISO are the biggest pain in the rear. When you combine them, the result is ALWAYS random. So infuriating. I had a the perfect ISO socketted, but it was only 2star. So I combined with another IDENTICAL 2star ISO and got complete crap.
    This should be changed. So frustrating. I went from ALL ATTACK/ALL DEFENSE to CRITICAL DAMAGE/ENERGY DEFENSE. Give me a break!

Now I am enhancing and combining all my chaotics in inventory, and when I get one I like, I socket it. Otherwise I keep combining up, hoping for a better combination.
    I now have two 4star Chaotics that are complete rubbish. I hope I get a great 5star out of them, when I finally get them enhanced enough.

Ythalacuatha

5. AvengerVision

AvengerVision Level 4

Eh. I'm sure ISOs are great and probably enhance your heroes massively, but the game is way too costly as it is: pay for Energy; pay for Biometrics; pay for Mastery; pay for Gear (energy, debris); pay for Skills; pay for Uniforms; pay for Covers . . . sheesh! You even have to pay to change Gear sets (each and every single one). The game is too much of a rip-off. There is no way I'm paying to change ISO sets or pay to upgrade and combine ISOs. It's a step too far for me. I really don't care THAT much; as long as my hero gets to level 60 and is Mastered with some Level 12-14 Gear, then I'm happy. ISOs, I'm guessing, are for the extremely serious gamer!

6. kdadi

kdadi Level 8

Well, assuming you're F2P, you didn't pay anything so far for the enjoyment you got out of it. Don't begrudge NM for trying to get paid to provide you that free service. IMO, NM has generally done a very good job of providing value for stuff you do pay for. It's only recently that I disagree with the extra uniforms for the same heroes they've released. However, I'm sure part of the reason is they're following the movies. I'm hoping they offer a sell-back feature for the uniforms, but in the end, it will only set me back a week of free crystals.

7. AvengerVision

AvengerVision Level 4

Your assumption is wrong: I'm far from a F2P player. So far, I think I've spent > £1,000 on this game (I'm VIP 10 heading for 11). I don't begrudge any company trying to earn money from these games: their staff have to get paid! And while they do give away a significant amount of gold, I'd rather they didn't give away so much and then charged for less, ie, no such thing as changing ISO sets, Gear sets, Mastery, etc. Just charge for Biometrics, Uniforms, and Skills. But hey, I'm not in charge of this game, so I'm sure those things will never change, but it just seems to me that charging for ISOs and changing of them is bordering greedy. I do like that they've stopped charging for going from, eg, Level 51 to 52 and now just have levels 1-6; that's a great move forward.

ryan4nayr likes this.