More people here, less on Playdom

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Commander' started by dajabec03, Jan 19, 2015.

1. dajabec03

dajabec03 Level 12

Too bad we can't tell everyone to come here. We can name people and squads.

2. eakdaman

eakdaman Level 12

I know. I hate playdom. All the rules there are ridiculous

Minkee77 likes this.
  3. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

Well, maybe not everyone...

4. eakdaman

eakdaman Level 12

haha yeah good point

5. dr fun

dr fun Level 8

I hope this site does not die.....

6. andi_kan

andi_kan Moderator

Medals:
    There's not enough activity here.

Mandalorian Warrior likes this.
  7. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

I quit browsing playdom as much a few months back. Gave it a look and it's newer members posting the same complaint threads regarding medals, I am quitting, fix the ____ or I am quitting, economy sucks etc.

Honestly I didn't feel like digging to learn more about the contraband, TIE traps or new hero unlock. IMO those should have been the topics of discussion.

It's pretty obvious that certain things are never going to be to everyone's liking. Instead we get new things added, which is the only reason I play once in awhile. If the units worked how they "are supposed to" (according to player ____) I probably wouldn't play if there was no new content.

I put a small amount of cash in to be able to unlock Vader. leveling him also seems like it will be impossible without paying, based on how infrequently I play.

8. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

If things don't change over there, I'm not going to be far behind you. It seems to be getting worse every day, and this fubar of an update that they just released isn't helping matters either.

Yep, I agree, and you know the drill over there, there were some who actually tried to start those discussions, but they got hijacked by the hate trolls too.

You're not missing much with the new content. The traps are not that effective from what I've seen. On the Rebel side, they don't have enough punch to cut through the armor of the Imperial mech. On the Empire side, they don't slow me down much because the infantry that trips them are supported by med droids. If you thought credits were hard to get, contraband is worse. It takes just shy of 500K to build the vault, and just shy of 900K (my iPad is charging, so I don't have exact numbers) to build the collector. No one can afford to build it with what we have, so at this point, the only way to get any is to buy it with real money. And I'm not really impressed with the new hero either. He's a supped up sniper, that cost 8000 reward points to unlock. Forget about upgrading him, most people won't be able to earn enough just to unlock him.

Unfortunately, that seems to be where this game is headed, a straight up pay to play.

9. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

I could've used a few more days for the campaign. I had a little over 4k and only made it to mission 19 or 20.

I think the return is too little for the amount required for anything time wise. I cashed out for gold and it took me to over 6K, so I could finally start Vader lvl 5 upgrade.

I will have to read around and see what the discount was on leveling kessen. As the weather warms I am less likely to play on the weekends, which seem to be the focus of these events.

10. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

At this point, I'd put this game in the same category I would something like solitaire. I don't dislike it, but I'm not super excited about it either. At night, after we get the kids put to bed and my wife is watching her shows, I log in and run a few battles to kill a couple hours till bedtime.

11. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

The strange thing seems to be the less often I play, the more credits there are in my match ups.

But upgrades are out of reach if you don't play for an extended period at a time .