Middle Farming Guide (WIP)

Discussion in 'Frontier Hunter' started by Hyperion, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Chirac

Chirac Level 19

Great, that's a good news!

2. Neophyte

Neophyte Level 9

If anyone could upload a middle farming video for the current FH, that'd be great!

Simonthedragon likes this.
  3. Chirac

Chirac Level 19

Pretty sure it will be the same as last seasons. The guide covers all you need to know
    Especially this part as for what you're asking :

Neophyte likes this.
  4. GrandElf

GrandElf Level 19

My max score with middle farming only reach 5.6mill........sparking is hard....wonder where can I still improve....

My team as below:

Kira (L)
    Raaga
    Mifune
    Sefia
    Shida
    (F)<--Kira, Reis, Zenia

5. Chirac

Chirac Level 19

I haven't tried your team, but for what I see, the synergy is indeed not great for sparking.
    Raaga and Sefia animation are not good, plus Sefia doesn't bring any buff to the Squad
    What other units do you have? Even a 6 stars can be better for this. When I used a Shida setup, I had really more success with Elza compared to Raaga.
    Try to stick to double Kira lead, it's mandatory for the crit damage AND elemental buffs.
    The spheres you use also make a big difference.

Edit : Just broke my record :troll:

image.jpg image.jpg

iOS version, so not really impressive.
    Those juicy points though :woot:
    I'll stop the grinding here

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    Matoriv likes this.
  6. GrandElf

GrandElf Level 19

I need Sefia for the BC drop buff......maybe I can change raaga with Elza.......yes, the spark is hard to come by with this team.....

7. Chirac

Chirac Level 19

You don't need a BC drop buff, it's Shida whose role is to fill your BB. The Key of middle farming is to max your damage no matter what.
    You will have your BB gauge refilled after the 4+ enemies stages anyway. Try another Mifune if you have one, or maybe Atro, Hogar, stuff like that

8. Makhar

Makhar Level 10

@Hyperion : hey hyperion, can you please make a guide for END FH farming ? since they will nerf middle soon

anyway, as global now have ubb sbb stacking and nemeth gear, is the current way of middle farming still good ? or there is a new way involving nemeth gear or something ?

thanks

9. Hyperion

Hyperion Moderator

Medals:
    It doesn't change much other than units. In JP I used Glyph/Dion leaders, Toutetsu, Diana, Dion, Roa. The second Dion is for his UBB.

Using Nemeth Gear means you don't have to rely on critical hit damage spheres, since you're capped with its UBB while using dual Kira leaders. If you don't plan on using multiple UBBs every run then it's not worth it.

caplang and Matoriv like this.
  10. fascinoma

fascinoma Level 2

Hi @Hyperion

Thank you for the guide. I have been trying out Mid-farming for FH18. The most i got was only 7.9 mil. Not sure what am i missing.

My current squad setup is Maxwell (L), Elza, Mifune, Mifune, Shida and Kira (Friend)

Maxwell (Lead) - Blades of Ultor, Steeple Rose
    Elza - Holy Eight, Steeple Rose
    Mifune - Heavenly Bud, Obsidian Core Amplifier
    Mifune - Heavenly Bud, Blighted Seal
    Shida - Scared Crystal, Star of Hope
    Kira (Friend) - Depends

I don't have Kira or Nemethgear. Not sure why I cannot get at least 3mil plus for the UBB rounds. Any advice?

11. Chirac

Chirac Level 19

Could be many things.

- As you know, Maxwell is not optimal (weaker LS, long SBB animation and low crit buff). He must be first to use SBB every time (when Shida elem buff is up ofc) then Kira > Shida BB > Elza > Mifunes.
    Sparking and criting is crucial to score high, especially with Mifunes. You can't do much to improve the crit chances but you can always improve the sparking.

- Your spheres could be tweaked a bit. That Obsidian Core on Mifune is a must drop imo. You have better free alternatives like Revelation Book, Holy height, Batootha, Sky Harbinger etc..(not listing the high end spheres that I assume you don't have).

- RNG can screw you : number of enemies / stage ; crit or no crit; etc..

12. fascinoma

fascinoma Level 2

Hmm ok maybe i try like you suggested and also change the OCA to batootha. Will also try one run with reis to see if there is much difference or not. Will update again. Thanks!!

13. Drainmav

Drainmav Level 15

Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out the best sphere placement for maximum damage with my team and I've been hearing different thoughts on it. I'm using Kira Shida Mifune Nemeth Zenia in FH Mid and I've been going back and forth on who to give which sphere to still. I've got the usual ones, Blighted, Sky Harbringer, Ultors, Holy Eight, Batootha, Heavenly Buds, Geldnite, etc. I've also had Zenias sphere on her but have realized it should likely be replaced by something better too. So I was hoping to see what you guys thought is the best placement for maximum damage?

14. fascinoma

fascinoma Level 2

Just got almost 13mil with quit a few adjustments. Could have gotten more but forgot to use Atk item for one of the non-UBB rounds.

Attached Files:

Chirac likes this.
  15. K!rito

K!rito Level 43

I'm at 18 mill now.

16. Pernette

Pernette Level 42

19 mil. 2 ubb. 1st stage and 3rd stage. 1st stage burnies 3rd stage spirits. Could have tried to ubb 5th stage cuz theres 6 mob also. But got lazy to wait and guard for turns.
    FB_IMG_1442562763990.jpg

Ronmags and Chirac like this.
  17. Chirac

Chirac Level 19

Great! Good to see that you managed to step up!

Congratz! Tfw you see the frontier service points :wacky:
    IIRC some people managed to reach 30 millions (on JP I guess). We're almost there :D.

18. K!rito

K!rito Level 43

I am failing to manage breaking 20 mill this time and it's highly upsetting....i think my sphere choices may be incorrect but I don't understand why it would be since it hasn't changed since last season and I hit 21 mill that time.

19. Chirac

Chirac Level 19

Unlucky spawns maybe? Or your fingers just got fat so your sparking is not as good. Lazy swiping is what screws me most of the time (that and the absence of crit).

20. fascinoma

fascinoma Level 2

Wish i had the right units to score major high. Best i managed (lucky i guess) was 17mil.