Mass Effect Andromeda

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dannik Jerikko, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

Recently got this for PS4 - I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's been years since I've last played any Mass Effect games, but I loved them.

Anyone else have experience with same?

Side note - this game set in the Star Wars universe would be the absolute tits.

2. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

Hi Dannik. :peeking:

Dannik Jerikko likes this.
  3. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

SUMIIIIII! What's up buddy!? How have you been?

SumiXam likes this.
  4. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

I've been well. Glad to see you're still maintaining Dannik-style order around these parts. I've long since stopped playing SWFC, but I'll poke my head in now and again to see if I can spot a familiar face or two.

5. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

I've been sorta sucked back into it, but I'm only playing casually. No more stress trying to get to PG-18. Side note, have you shot the HK VP9 yet? I have the SK as my new carry piece, and I was carrying the full-size for a while before that. LOVE THEM.

SumiXam likes this.
  6. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

I liquidated my SWFC cards, well, mostly. I still have some stuff, mostly pilots kicking around and a bunch of unused accounts. I'm mainly playing GOH now and that's been a good game. It also helps that I'm in a guild with a bunch of retirees from here.

The VP-9 looks great. No surprise though since HK makes a great product. I'm a huge HK fan, but they're so stinking expensive. I've still got my CZ75 SP01 Tactical as my primary, though it's a bit large for concealed carry. I'm looking at a more compact platform, though I'll likely stick with CZ since I'm very familiar with the ins and outs already. I'm a sucker for hammer fired over striker fired pistols for some reason. I'm not entirely sure why. It is nice to have a consistent trigger pull with a striker, but I do like the light SA pull on DA/SA pistol.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  7. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

Both of my VP9s are pulling around 5.2 and have the shortest reset I've ever seen in a handgun. The pricing on the VP9 isn't bad (the beauty of striker fired pistols), but what really sold it was simply going in and picking one up. I went in, picked it up, and told the guy I wasn't putting it back down. Almost bought a 3rd the other day at a pawn shop because the price was too good, but they couldn't find the case that it came with and I wanted the 2 extra mags ($80 a mag is a bit intense).

SumiXam likes this.
  8. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

I've read great things about the VP9. It is a bit more affordable than other HK pistols. I'd really like to shoot one, though that might convince me to pick one up. :p

9. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

If you put rounds downrange with it, you will buy it. It's quite well balanced, I ran through a 15 round mag with half second splits and was darn near bullet on bullet the entire time at 7 yards. The ergonomics are perfection. The P30 is comparable but it's much more expensive because it's hammer fired.

SumiXam likes this.
  10. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

I'm a stickler for shooting anything before buying anyway. Luckily I have a local gun store that is fantastic and they have an indoor range. They rent a model of every gun they sell, which makes shopping how it should be. I'll have to wander over there in the next couple of days and see if they have one of these. I've been meaning to pickup a smaller handgun for more comfortable carry anyway. It honestly wouldn't take much to sell me on it since I've already had very good experiences shooting various HK handguns.

11. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

Well, I headed over to the gun shop today and they didn't have a VP9sk. They did have the VP9, but it's really like to shoot the sk first. Just curious on your thoughts about shooting the VP9 to get a general impression on the sk.

Sorry for hijacking your thread. This has nothing to do with Mass Effect.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  12. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

No worries in the least. Sorry I'm late on this, just got back from Germany. My opinion is that the VP9 is a good indicator on how the SK will shoot. The grip is pretty much the same if you use the pinky mag, and it is of similar weight and the VP9 is only slightly more accurate than the SK, due to the barely longer barrel. It's definitely worth checking into.

SumiXam likes this.