Longevity of this game

Discussion in 'Honorbound' started by QueenBee69, Mar 18, 2014.

1. QueenBee69

QueenBee69 Level 5

Just curious, what comes next after level 100?

Seems like for the first 100 levels, there's lots of grinding to get the fifth slot and to get the heroes up to level 100 so as to evolve them to better heroes.

Perhaps Juicebox didn't expect so many people to reach level 100 so soon and hence lower the capture rate so that fortify is not used so frequently to level the heroes up.

I am not familiar with such games. How do other developers keep things interesting?

Dkup likes this.
  2. Dkup

Dkup Level 6

Actually this seems to be a trend with most mobile games where the competitive level isnt very high.

The leaderboards and rankings arnt done very well being that when you Pvp youre fighting against the AI which means you really should never lose, even against a better team. So the early game is great, good concept, very fun. Mid game is a pure grind with acquiring and leveling the exact team that suits you. End game offers nothing, at all. The only thing they can really do is to come out with more content but even after doing so everyone will complete that in a few days and be back in the same boat.

There are only a few games that really have the end game down and will keep players interested after acquiring what the game has to offer. The one thing they have in common is that youre actually playing against other players so it becomes a real test of strategy and no two battles will ever be the same. The best that comes to mind is heroes of order and chaos. Thats a very fun game where you and 2 other people controll your own hero and face 3 other people in a 3v3 scenario. Climbing the leader boards is actually an accomplishment because youre doing so by defeating thousands of other players. Unfortunately with this game model i dont think they could ever set something like that up and therefore will lose the interest of players. If anyone knows of any other well done games that will keep you for more than a month id like to hear them but this unfortunately is not one of them.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    marstin and QueenBee69 like this.
  3. Rawr

Rawr Level 2

This game is like pokemon, you are bound to finish it in just a couple of weeks.. Still, it is fun collecting or building the ideal squad you like..

4. Natalata

Natalata Level 5

Ive read about the developers wanting to bring in guilds. pherhaps raids after.. that would have us competing for a lot longer

5. PandaPoo

PandaPoo Level 3

You do realize this game was at first only open to Canada right? It's still in the crawl phase; give it time to develop. Besides, it's a free game, stop your bitching.

6. muscleboy

muscleboy Level 20

He's not bitching, don't be dramatic. It's a viable point, this thread in total. The developers didn't expect people to cap out the game so quick... obviously this game is in early production and obviously we have more to look forward to.

But finding out of the game currently has more to offer then what's commonly seen is not bitching.

QueenBee69 and dhawin like this.
  7. MadCouchDisease

MadCouchDisease Level 8

The problem I faced with this game is the impact I didn't make to it. I leveled up, I killed endless bots, and captured dozens of monsters. Then what? After the first month I found myself without motive to continue. I'm not interacting with anything but AI the whole play through! Why bother, then?

Honorbound thirsts for some actual player - player interaction. I'm not sure what guilds and raids will do but it needs to be something that changes the game regularly. I don't want to join a guild then continue fighting bots - I want to trade, gamble, bet, spectate, cooperate, chat, and fight with other players.

Then I could make a decent impact to others and feel much more satisfied this wasn't a 100% waste of time.

Lord Anomander and QueenBee69 like this.