Let's revive this forum

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes' started by Dannik Jerikko, May 10, 2018.

1. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

I wanna see some activity here... also if anyone wants to teach me how to play again, since last time I played there weren't mods, ships, or events... that'd be great.

hammy~the~hamsta and skywlkr76 like this.
  2. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

For mechanics like Mods or ships, you might want to check out AhnaldT101's YouTube channel:

As for which characters you should do and when you should do them, I wrote up a pretty detailed guide:

That's basically your first goal, no matter where you are in the game. Once you've done that the next step would be this:

Depending on how far you are now, those two are probably a good 6 months to a year worth of work minimum. And those are more or less independent of the meta, since they're used in so many places of the game and guilds eventually expect you to have them for guild events and raids.

Dannik Jerikko likes this.
  3. guan

guan Level 14

The early farming choices are the most important. Farm 5x pheonix ASAP. Hera as leader, ezra, kanan, copper and zeb. They make a good starter team for arena, they will unlock thrawn and palpatine for you as well. Once they are done, farm STHan, Boba or Lando, and a third scoundrel to make sure you can complete heists for credits and training droids. The next step is to get your empire toons up to speed. You'll already have palp and thrawn, the best three to farm to complete this team are Tie fighter pilot, tarkin and vader. If vader is too far off for you, royal guard is the next in line. Tie fighter pilot is a must as he deals good damage, but moe importantly, is a key crew member for fleets. Tarkin is useful as a toon and you will get him unlocked for free when you unlock fleets. These empire toons will land you R2. At this point, commander luke skywalker is your next goal. You'll need R2, old ben, farmboy luke, STHan and leia for this.

Beyond this, you need to get in a guild doing heroic pit and tank raids ASAP as this will land you free gear, free shop currency and free Han solo and genral kenobi shards.

This farming strategy will land you a lot of useful toons(only farmboy luke is useless, but you need him to get commander luke) and will allow you to make a range of useful teams.

Don't panic farm for grand master yoda. He is the weakest of the legendary toons, and by the time you complete the above, you'll have 4/5 jedi(kanan, ezra, old ben and genral kenobi) ready to claim him. Make Barris or QGJ your 5th Jedi.

In fleets, thrawn is the best cap ship, with tarkin a close second. Mace and Ackbar are much poorer. Biggs, imperial tie fighter, first order tie fighter, tie advanced and 5s/boba are the best ships to farm early on for arena. Kylo's tie silencer and the tie reaper, scimitar and bistans u wing are great additions later on. You have two dleet priorities. You need 5x 5* dark side ships for the zeta ability challenge as a first priority, so grab imp tie, FO tie, Tie advanced, slave one and scimitar ASAP. Once this is done you need to farm Ghost, phantom, and three more rebels (go for biggs, wedge and Bistan-bistan is slower than cassian but much more useful later on) to get thrawns chimera capital ship.

Gear is the biggest investment you will make. You need all the toons for legendary events/heros journeys at gear 8 or 9. Aside from this, keep your arena team as highly geared as possible.

Mods are also important. The simple version of mods for the beginner is get arrow mods with speed primaries, then add as much speed secondary stats as you can. Tanks like protection, healers like health, and anyone applying debuffs likes potency. Until you can spend a lot of energy to farm mods, speed is king, all else is secondary.

4. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

@Electricboa has a really good guide. That’s what I’m using right now and it’s working well to get me back up to speed. You may also want to check out https://galaxyofheroesforum.com
    There’s a lot of good stuff on there.

5. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

Got a workable phoenix squad to the point where I can beat galactic wars every day now - before I was having trouble. I'm unlucky enough to have been in one of the first arena groups, so taking over a year off really has me outmatched when a majority of the top 1000 players are level 85 and have zeta skills, and I was at level 70 and getting my ass whupped. Up to 75 now and moving right along.

6. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

I feel your pain in the arena. I’ve finally gotten up to level 82, but I constantly get my ass handed to me in the arena. I’ve finally gotten my Phoenix team where I want it, I almost have my Empire team set, and I’m starting to work on my ANH team. I’m getting there, but the grind is real.

7. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  8. osver

osver Level 52

Oh, hi there.

I'm just grinding away trying to get Vet Han to 7* for whenever Rey JT comes back around.
    I still dislike fleet arena (even after the re-work it's still the most boring part of the game to me).

My current goals:
    1) Cantina Energy all goes to Vet Han (68/85 currently)
    2) LS/DS energy goes to farming Mother Talzin, Darth Sion, Shoretrooper, and Wicket (depending if the guild goal is spending LS or DS).
    3) Ability mats are going to Wampa (5* currently) and Imperial Probe Droid (just unlocked at 4*)
    4) Working on starring up the U-wings, and their pilots, to go for Thrawn's ship
    5) Stun guns, stun guns, stun guns.

9. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

Uhh...I hate farming for stun guns

osver likes this.
  10. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

My current goal right now is getting my Empire team ready for the R2 event at the end of the month.

11. osver

osver Level 52

Up to 17/100 now.