LaW Starfighter Damage Modifiers

Discussion in 'Events' started by Slow Roaster, May 13, 2015.

1. Slow Roaster

Slow Roaster Level 29

Using this thread to track the damage modifiers for the various star fighters in LaW battles. For example, if a Millenium Falcon has an ATK of 30,000 when being launched, it will do about 25% of that (~7,500) in damage to the opposing starship. Note that these percentages only apply to starship damage and not dogfights, which is much trickier to measure.

LaW Starfighter Damage Tiers New.jpg

Here was my original post:

So a few LaW's ago when we were launching 15-20 MF's at 30k - 35k ATK each, it seems like we were able to do a lot more damage than we are now, sometimes destroying their ship if we disabled their shields. We just launched 17 Scimitars each with at least 40k - 50k ATK and only inflicted 73,000 damage (52k to their shields and 21k to their ship). Has the amount of damage starfighter can do changed in this LaW? I'm not saying it would be a bad thing, but it would definitely change our strategy. Or has it always been this way and I'm just mis-remembering things?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Anon., TheVigilante, Phoeras and 11 others like this.
  2. Idiotbox98

Idiotbox98 Level 16

Something has changed... that's for sure.

3. Angry Adult

Angry Adult Level 41

I'm sure they saw the complaints about starfighter damage last time, and updated their formulas accordingly. We had 19 ships (presumably all Scimitars, not sure which pilots), and they hit for a total of ~90k. Since that's the event powered ship, I'm guessing that other fighters will be hitting for much, much less as well.

But it is Konami, so who knows...

EllBringa and Slow Roaster like this.
  4. Slow Roaster

Slow Roaster Level 29

Yeah, that was my assumption (that they responded to the "vehicles too powerful" complaint).

5. Indibil

Indibil Level 30

That's just what I spotted in our first battle. Scim damage output seemed too weak for a 40k-50k starfighter.

I guess they've done something to the damage formula. Or it's just something related to Scims...

17 scims for 81 k damage - round 1
    22 mixed for 117k damage - round 2

6. Jeadeit

Jeadeit Level 12

Maybe someone just put "-" in formula for EP fighters instead of "+"? This is KONAMI after all...

Corrog and Hildy like this.
  7. LordRavage

LordRavage Level 15

I just saw a Falcon outdamage a Scimitar with 4/7 Old Maul, 2x Concussion Missiles and a Cloaking Device. I am trying to get the specifics on the Falcon crew, but it did 32% more damage.

8. Angry Adult

Angry Adult Level 41

Did the Scim hit shields? Because that doesn't count towards damage, and there's no obvious way to see that, unfortunately.

9. LordRavage

LordRavage Level 15

No shields at all. It was a great test run. 2 exactly equipped Scims both did 5485 damage, the falcon did 7288. Total damage will change based on how many ships were launched, but percentage wise that shows the falcon did significantly more damage output.

The enemy had no shields, no fighters, no cannons. (They weren't really there and we turbo'd their shields off in the previous round)

10. Angry Adult

Angry Adult Level 41

In the other thread, it's mentioned that maybe # of attacks matters now.

11. LordRavage

LordRavage Level 15

I was just reading that. I have a feeling the inflated Old Maul price bubble is about to burst.

12. Slow Roaster

Slow Roaster Level 29

What was the ATK of the Scimitar and the Falcon (after 1.5x event boost and 2x charge boost)? Wonder if there's a fixed %. For example, Scimitar's damage is 10% of its ATK whereas a Falcon's damage is 20% of its ATK.

13. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    As a reference, a Lvl 5 Falcon, 8-15 Old Han 4*, 3 8-15 Chewie 4*s, 2 Beskars, and Full charge will have an ATK of 25018.

14. osver

osver Level 52

Another thing to consider is if the person sending the falcon was a Pilot Ace getting an extra bonus... not sure how much of a bonus that generates though.

15. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    Pilot bonuses to ATK are: 5, 10, and 15%

osver likes this.
  16. LordRavage

LordRavage Level 15

I can't say I recall the specific attack value. A legion mate with the same setup says it was approx 52000 attack, and that sounds about right.

17. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    Yea, that is best ATK setup for Scimitar.

18. LordRavage

LordRavage Level 15

Looking at the numbers, I have a theory:

Fighters do damage that is 10% of their attack value.

This is boosted depending on how many fighters are launched. So in my example my Scim with 52k attack did 5485 damage (10.5%) We launched 7 ships I believe. It's a small increase, but might scale up in large squads.

Ships with multiple attacks are calculated similarly to cards with mutiple attacks in standard battles: extra attacks have progressively lower damage output. This is why a Falcon with around 25k attack (sorry I don't have the actual numbers, trying to get them) would do 7288 damage (29%%).

An example to fit would be if it did 10%, 8%, 6%, 4% damage on each of its 4 attacks (I am 1% off, but I am not claiming to have the exact numbers.

I don't have the numbers to really extrapolate further. I'd need to check some of the other ships that fire 2 or 3 times per turn to see how they stack up.

Edit: Potential flaw! I didn't account for the Scim to have an attack rate of 1 every 2 rounds.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    EllBringa likes this.
  19. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    So a ship w/ less than 1 ATK/Turn still does 1 @ 10%?

20. LordRavage

LordRavage Level 15

I don't claim to have perfect numbers on those. I'd really like to see how ships with other firing rates seem to scale, and if 2 ships with the same rate scale equally. It's tough to test since you almost need to be facing a ship without a crew to get solid numbers. Even then it changes with the number of fighters launched.

Shadog likes this.