Konami - Here's a simple 3 step plan to help fans enjoy the end

Discussion in 'General' started by Archus Monk, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Archus Monk

Archus Monk Level 35

I don't think anyone from Konami comes to this forum any more, but just in case they do, I have a simple plan that should maximize enjoyment of the final weeks of this app for those that play until the end.

1. UNLOCK EVERYTHING. After March 8, why not? This will help encourage trading and help people make forms and cards they would otherwise never have been able to make. This should be a simple coding adjustment. If it's more complex than that, then an alternative would be to sell unlockers in Watto's junkyard for 5-10 coins each. That would have the same effect while also giving your fan base something useful to spend those coins on.

2. AWAKEN EVERYTHING. Again, why not? This will take a little time, but every non-skill card can be awakened with a simple math formula. Skills on skill cards would only be a little tougher to adjust. I can't think of any skill that isn't awakened that would be game breaking if it was upgraded. And even if there is one, who cares now? No one can be left disappointed that their favorite card never got awakened.

3. Let fans vote for their favorite events, and run the top 4 for 1 week each over the last 4 weeks. So the way this would work is that you would run a guaranteed 3* event for a week or 2, the week of March 8. You already have the code for AP pulls to generate votes from prior events to vote for future 5*. Instead of future 5* though, you would make the options all prior events or some subset of all prior events. The top 4 events would each get 1 week of glory until the end.

*4. Sell Card Dealers in Watto's. 1 coin for 3*, 5 coins for 4*, and 10 coins for 5* or something like that. I just thought of this, and I'm a little ambivalent about it. On the one hand, it would allow your fans an easy pathway to make their dream form. On the other hand it would probably kill in game trading except for the limited cards like IG-88 and support cards. Of course in game trading is virtually dead already, so...

Anyways, that's my simple plan to please as many of the remaining fans as possible. Konami, please do this!

2. GiantPenguinCavalier

GiantPenguinCavalier Level 46

1. yes. personal cards have no importance anymore. unless theyre still adamant about preventing players from running massive farming operations for the remaining 2 months (which wouldnt hurt their bottom line anyway, since no one is buying crystals anymore), handing out unlockers like they do with AP should be a no-brainer. it would stimulate whats left of the trade market.

2.YES. i know konami has promised us alot and failed to deliver on... basically all of it, but they DID promise us that they would awaken everything. the only thing i see holding them back from this is wanting to add/modify skills but a)they should already have some idea on what they want to do to each card and b) nobody cares about that so just do it already. this goes not just for 5*, but 3* and 4* as well. let me build my awk+ mas already, dammit.

3. if this means i can vote for boonta eve, galactic operations, heck even legionary domination, then im all for it. but if the choices are rogue intruders, rotb, cotr... then no thanks.

4. ive only been buying 5* with poopi coins anyway since they were basically introduced (except when i needed to get under the cap to accept more from my inbox), and im sure plenty of other people have been more or less doing the same thing. but what am i gonna do with that one 5* i buy over the remaining two months? probably nothing -- mor than likely i'd give it to a legionmate depending on what it is. but this i think is a fantastic idea to get us to spending these coins, and give us some enjoyment in doing so. they could even make an event where grinding yields more coins, if only to keep people interested in playing for that one week.

if i could, i wouldve liked your post for each idea, but sadly i cannot.

hammy~the~hamsta and Archus Monk like this.
  3. Archus Monk

Archus Monk Level 35

I definitely meant every event. I know Defensive Battles or whatever that was called was extremely popular among others. I would assume RotB and the others would be on there, but I would hope most people wouldn't vote for them, but if they did, then at least you'd know you could quit a couple weeks earlier. lol

4. GiantPenguinCavalier

right. well i know you meant every event, but that doesnt preclude konami from giving us a list of certain events.

Archus Monk likes this.
  5. zaymac

zaymac Level 43

I appreciate your optimistic outlook. But we're talking about a company that is charging 10$ per additional save states in their latest console release, soooo...

6. Archus Monk

Archus Monk Level 35

I'm not optimistic. I think these things would not take much in the way of resources or effort and would be extremely well received. However, I believe it is more effort than Konami will want to spend on this dead app. Sadly, I'm expecting 2 months of the same old shit.

7. Bull Pence

Bull Pence Level 37

I’d love to see them go this way @Archus Monk but I have a sneaky suspicion that Konami will leave it as is. Whatever event us running on March 9th will be there until the end. I do not expect anything to be awakened or unlocked. I look for it to go on auto after Mach 8th and that will be that. lol

8. GiantPenguinCavalier

you mean continue on auto? im struggling to remember a point in the past 6 months in which they made any sort of creative decision regarding the events schedule.

9. osver

osver Level 52

When Smuggler's Run showed up this morning, I knew I wouldn't be logging in as often between now and the end.

I logged on for LAW... it was the last time to work with the group. But if they're just going to recycle ROTB etc, then my interest level is plummeting fast.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  10. Bull Pence

Bull Pence Level 37

I mean only one event on auto. Not even giving the minimal effort we’ve become accustomed to. Lol

11. GiantPenguinCavalier

oh lol. yeah, wouldnt shock me either.

fair, but they always run smugglers run after law, so this was already planned. im reserving any judgment until after maintenance on wednesday. if its a shitty event, then the last two months are going to be brutal.

Rogue.5 and Bull Pence like this.
  12. osver

osver Level 52

...or the app will get uninstalled from my phone a lot faster.

Archus Monk, Bull Pence and skywlkr76 like this.
  13. zaymac

zaymac Level 43

If they're gonna run ROTB, The Boss cards better be Leia LOH, Luke MOTF, Hux Ram, Chelli, Rey JT, Kylo Um and all the other good cards released in the last 6 months. Even then not much of a point, but still.

14. Gallandro

Gallandro Level 32

Can I finally get my Zams awakened? Please?

15. CountTarantula

CountTarantula Level 34

I would love a Last Stand for the ending event. I think it is last stand. The one where you can sit in the big lazer gun.

youzthe4ce and osver like this.
  16. GiantPenguinCavalier

i'd like an event that isnt rotb/cotr/intruders for part 3 of the festival, but i almost feel like thats asking too much at this point.

we already know that part 2 of the celebration is Training Vaults: path of the jedi edition, which is set to run from 3/8 to 3/22. the final part of the festival is from 3/22 to 4/23. i'd be shocked if they broke up the last month into multiple events.

osver likes this.
  17. Hu Chi

Hu Chi Level 41

Light
    Amplification by
    Ztimulated
    Emmision of
    Radiation.

18. GiantPenguinCavalier

this acronym is sponsored by Zaxby's, home of the zalad and the wings and thingz combo meal.

19. Gallandro

Gallandro Level 32

[​IMG]

I am not seeing ze problem.

sambuca and Hu Chi like this.
  20. ksnullzero

ksnullzero Level 16

So can they now go back and rename Nik Sant's card as Commander Rex?