Just got back into SWFC need advice!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Silence Vol, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Silence Vol

Silence Vol Level 5

Hi! I used to play swfc a couple years ago and i played ALOT. i had emax SCPs and was in a legion and i invested alot of money and time. We had some family issues so i retired for awhile. Now ive started back up and am building a new game and ALOT has changed!! I want to buy card packs today, but dont know where to start. Im a very active player and id really like to join a fun, active legion. I know i have to build my form up but im willing to invest time and money. AND im willing to learn! So, could anyone help get me up to date, give some advice, and maybe have a legion spot open? Thank you guys.

2. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

Welcome back!

In terms of helping you with the form, do you have anything left, or are you starting for scratch?
    What are your goals in playing. Just for fun, with a form you like, or do you want to chase the meta, and make the most effective deck possible?
    What side of the force do you prefer.

Giving a little more narrow specs will help with better advice.

Our legion might have room, I'll tag our cap'n and see if we do @Space

3. Silence Vol

Silence Vol Level 5

Ok awesome!! And im starting from scratch, i play DS, i want to get good and serious and im very active. Ive been playing about 2 weeks I just reached Level 50. Thanx for any advice!

4. hammy~the~hamsta

The biggest change from when you left is probably the changes with support decks and that decks are almost entirely faction specific, with very few cards off faction in the top decks.

First Order is the best ds option right now in terms of end game form. Empire has like a ton of form variety but in the end just can't get up to where first order is. Seps and bounty hunters have fallen by the wayside.

First order is going to need some flame troopers, as well kylo um. And now the new Hux ram is probably gonna be a large part of the form too. U will also want phasma vc, possibly old hux, and probably an asajj bb or two. Prep will need to be fo storm and elite praetorian guard +1.
    At this point, with the lower levelled account and all you are probably going to have to level up awhile before being able to comfortably make a good form. Ds is extremely cap heavy.
    Support decks are easily gonna be the hardest part of making a new form off of break. there are some new support cards you will need (particularly galactic studies, which is like prep up) then the other cards will probably be the cash only ones that you can only get from support vouchers (which cost crystals) and are super expensive.

For an expensive starter form, you could probably be pretty successful running http://swfcdecks.com/builder?deck=eJxdy8ENwDAIQ9GFcjDgQDNL1f3XqEulHHL7sp5vDLNYcOSkcpY74swNMD5PWw77UQpVZ6/sLF4C3J66zxP12gnPkA/55wUtYxyj
    This is only four collumns, and pretty darn expensive Money wise, but its a lower cap form, and will be a perfect step to what you will probably have to run eventually.
    Now i don't know how much money you have to invest, but if that is too expensive you can use hux cts in place of hux ram ( ct is fairly cheap these days) and probably cut down on the front row. As well as using 4/7 or phasma vc and fto
    Either way, you have time before you would need to have most the stuff ready, because you should really try levelling up to at least 110 before running the full form, so you can actually have some ep to use.

5. Silence Vol

Silence Vol Level 5

thank u for the advice!! Ill keep leveling up and obtaining the cards u mentioned. Ill def go with a First Order deck, and work up to it. Thank u!

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  6. hammy~the~hamsta

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Good luck!

7. TPW

TPW Level 54

Did you find a new legion yet? I've got some leftover space in mine :) /shamelessadvert

Also, we have a discord server in an effort to find a new place with more activity. If you happen to have discord, here is a link so you can join. https://discord.gg/NNvqFcr

Silence Vol likes this.
  8. Space

Space Level 37

lol yes as Hammy says we have room (or can make room) I assume you have Hammy's Contact info in not just Pm me :) But also TWP is good too. Lots of good choices and good peeps still playing this game. (of course there are the .... umm bad ones too but thankfully they are the minority)

@Silence Vol