Just downloaded this game

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by iNeon, Jan 11, 2015.

1. iNeon

iNeon Level 14

I downloaded it a few hours ago. To be honest I have no idea what I'm doing really.
    I'm here to understand this game more

2. Izoi

Izoi Level 7

Welcome~ Are you using android or ios?

3. iNeon

iNeon Level 14

I'm on android.
    Tempted to download it on my iPad too

4. Izoi

Izoi Level 7

Hmm the game is crashing alot on the ios, virtually unplayable since the last update. So lucky you got the android XD

5. Hyums

Hyums Level 7

Works fine on my ios devices, though it was crashing a bit on my iphone.
    Great freemium game, playing for 3 days so far.
    Ignore the "hero tier" ranks if you're F2P. Just focus on getting 3 (maybe 4..) 6* heroes to main so you could grind high lvl dungeons.
    And by focusing i mean focus all your gold, bread, exp, and meat refreshes.

6. Zakath

Zakath Guest

So... I'm F2P, and you're saying PVP ranking is kind of pointless for me? I'm just making sure I understand so I don't waste my resources. ;)

7. Hyums

Hyums Level 7

Hmmm... I think you'll be fine until maybe silver league.
    Then again, even low tier heroes can wreck teams if you have the right synergy.

8. LuckyCrits

LuckyCrits Level 9

Zakath, you can do fine in PVP without paying. I'm also F2P but I've reached Master's Rank in 8 days and am climbing. There are definitely some nice heroes available for those who are able to spend gems and buy contracts, but there are also plenty of well balanced teams that you can make for free through leveling and good promotions. PVP is also an excellent source of Honor Points, Meat, and Gems, so I would definitely spend some time in there - maybe not for getting to top 3 yet, but at least to acquire lots of good resources.

9. homania

homania Level 9

Personally I like the fact that as a f2p, I've been doing just fine as far as units and pvp.

Many of the standard heroes are already very powerful, while some of the premium heroes are pretty bad as well. If you methodically build up a good coliseum team (focusing all your meat/bread/gold on 3 solid chars like Archon Alex Mew and getting them to 6* and at least 2+), you can dominate in collesium, get tons of honor and ALOT of meat after each set of battles (15-25), get 20-30 gems a week, and then try your luck with premium contracts. And yes, it takes a little time to get thru story mode, build up your team, etc etc, so don't be in a rush to rush through story mode. Also, honestly, I don't think p2p players really have THAT much of an advantage aside from being able to play slightly more, but I think the meat limitations are a GOOD thing. This game is too addictive as is : )

Here are some beginner tips if I were to start over:
    1. Story mode is great for gems, exp, gold, meat
    2. ALWAYS use Gems for meat.
    3. Farm 1-4/1-5 normal if you need Christmas meat/gold, but do normal story mode all the way thru first. I pretty much live in that level these days
    4. Hard mode is NOT good for farming gold/xp. I'm a toss up if hard mode was worth it at all past chapter 1, because of the double to triple meat cost, and only slightly higher chance at getting the hero from the level. Getting thru hard mode is only good if you are trying to powerlevel one char, because Chapter 4 of hard mode is the best xp per meat for a single char, but less effective for 2 low level heroes b/c the mobs do so much dmg. If you have 2 low level chars you just want to grind up, it's a better spend of meat to bring them both to a 1-23 Hard than 4-19 hard, (with 1 strong 6* hero of course)
    4. Farm the hell out of the 1*, 2*, 3* heroes because they all provide you with gems when max leveled the first time. They give you a GOAL for re-farming a dungeon, when you get the gem, you can continue to play with the gems you earned, so you "get back the meat you spent", and level your heroes at the same time. Often times I bring 1 strong char (i.e. 4*-5* and 2 of my farmed lowbies and get xp for them all at the same time when farming low level heroes).
    5. Promote 1s > 2s > 3s > 4s. It takes 1 > 2, 50 honor, 2 to 3 > 200 honor, 3 to 4 460 honor. 1 standard contract is 250 honor and gives you 2* 90% of the time. Promoting gives you a chance to get unfarmable 2s, and 3s, which again, will turn in to more gems while you level. Have a goal for which 4* heroes you want.
    6. If you find that you have a lot of gems at any given point, do not forget to buy weapon slots, hero slots, and bread slots. You will have ample honor down the road, and I have a long memory of regret when I blew gems on premium contracts (like 30 that I saved up), got nothing but terrible 2* heroes, and then needed those slots. I would say target at least 40 hero slots, 30 weapon slots, and 40 bread slots depending on how much farming you do, and how often you want to go to town to sell.

KingPoe likes this.