jerkysans' JP UNIT Tiering

Discussion in 'Units' started by jerkysans, Feb 24, 2015.

1. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

140% ATK isn't as bad as 80% or 90% spark so he should be fine, I guess.

2. Thanh76

Thanh76 Level 12

struggling with which type of kikuri to use in global with the guardian changes coming (even if it is so far away)

Guardian or breaker

My Guardian is maxed lvl 6 star and breaker 3 star D:

3. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

I'm not too fond of Breakers as of late with all the hard-hitting contents. I feel Guardian will be good on Kikuri because her sphere is missing on DEF, especially after the type adjustments, Guardian will be immensely good.

4. Thanh76

Thanh76 Level 12

Awesome, I am planning to work on my guardian one first anyways since its already 6 star :3

5. Vyrmael

Vyrmael Level 6

UP! Demands update after the release of 7* Michelle/Melchio/Exvehl!

6. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

I am honestly having a hard time tiering these three. Other than the Arena shifting from Keido to Michele meta, the meta hasn't changed so much and the key strategies remain the same for most of the available content.

I know some will argue on the viability of these three outside of the Arena (and FH for Exvehl), but I will need more time to test them out.

7. Brave Heart

Brave Heart Level 12

Shouldn't Quaid remain in Rank S due to his best trait as Element buffer, exceptionally good in Raid and Arena, a decent choice for FH and easy to slot in for almost anything? His Leader Skill is also a strong one, and BB/SBB/UBB are all great.

I'm kinda surprised that he falls from Rank S to Rank A, is there an explanation?

8. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

Rank S to A in where? Overall? Keido has always been a high A in overall, IE never been an S. But he has always been an S in Raid and S in FH for mid-farming.

Reason as to why he's been an A overall is that outside of Raid, he does not fit into any key strategies that contribute to survivability and one can do without him really for FH Gate, the most recent trials, GQs, and the most recent GGCs. That said, the tierings should change this week.

Brave Heart likes this.
  9. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

Updated to include Michele, Sagavehl, and Melchio!

Surprise, surprise! One mitigator got revived from the dead. Amazing new units can make some bad units good.

10. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

Gonna have a hard time tiering the new units. Ugh! Please come back next week. Lol.

11. Hikitori

Hikitori Level 10

Now that Krantz is here it can be now Elimo>Krantz or Krantz>Elimo or Krantz=Elimo. Krantz attacks and cure status and heals like Elimo but he loses the 140% def buff but he attacks on the other hand Elimo has that nifty 140% def buff. Would say Krantz is an offensive elimo here.

12. Vyrmael

Vyrmael Level 6

@jerky: Thank you so so much for your amazing contribution in this communicty. Thank you for tiering these units down. I am glad that I have what it takes to take on the rcurrent state of the game because I have almost all those important A and S units. I would like to express my thanks by liking your thread!! Thanks again!

13. Talukita

Talukita Moderator

Medals:
    There are so many problems with Krantz that I'm not sure where to begin
    • No DEF buff on SBB. And most DEF buffers currently are mitigators as well (Elimo/Aaron/Zel Deus). Can probably work with Rivera but that's quite high of a requirement
    • His heal is only on his SBB as well, so it is not reliable enough to use him as your sole healer.
    • BB can cure status but not heal. So he has to pick between curing status and heal even when his SBB is available and can not pick both
    • Light/Dark add are everywhere: Grah, Will, Melchio, Kafka, Michele etc
    His skill set looks like it can work with Tree, but if you use him with Tree then what's the difference compared to using Elimo with someone who can deal damage, like Sagavehl for example. Basically he requires to build a team around him while Elimo can function herself in almost all setups, and more of an alternative for those who don't have her

14. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

Updated to reflect new units. They sure shook the meta, though strictly speaking, a lot of the available content can be done without them.

Rivera's introduction threatened Bestie's reign, but I think the sky admiral manages to hold her own against the timid demon slayer. Also affected by Rivera is Aaron. His resurrection is short-lived and Rivera might put him back to retirement. Though Melchio is still at full swing and probably got more meta with Rivera in play.

Glyph completely destroys Reis, while Roa and Raaga is still a toss up in the air--all up to preference.

Kafka obliterates all status dealers except maybe Balgran whose BB might prove more effective at times.

Krantz looks passable but a closer look gets people scratching their heads, though he is not without his own following. Michele vs Krantz as arena lead though? Interesting.

Iris, idek, the Kagura of this batch.

15. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

Your patronage is much appreciated. Thanks for the kind words.

16. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

Keen observations. With Rivera and her Def and Rec buff, I feel Grantz was made to pair with her. And perhaps with Exvehl (or Melchio). The low heal is remedied by the rec buff and Exvehl+Rivera is there to ensure he hits sbb all the time.

17. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

Updated the overall tiering to reflect new content.
    Added FH Gate 2 listing.
    Added description to each Gate
    Updated Randall tiering

Upgraded in rating:
    Ruby
    Nemeth Gear
    Glyph
    Mifune

Downgraded in rating:
    Medina
    Oguro
    Veltrion
    Reis
    Krantz

@SurfacePen fine, I recognize your waifu's powers.

SurfacePen likes this.
  18. SurfacePen

SurfacePen Level 60

Medals:
    Ahahha bow before her kawaii fluffy tail , all hail !

jerkysans likes this.
  19. atky

atky Level 10

Thank you for maintaining this wonderful list.

With an eye on RC5 farming, is having a stbb unit required? Which of yura/tazer/oguro should i try to pull for general raid purpose?

20. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

With the exception of Bal Media, which can be easily worked around on, STBB units are not really required. The meta has moved away from them thanks to Bestie and generally, you can do well without them, or just using your mitigator as your STBB unit if you really need to target a body part.

However if you really want to pull for an STBB unit it would be in this order:
    1. Yura - great BB and UBB, prefers sub slot which is good as there are so many good leads.
    2. Taser - most Raid-focused and balanced stat distribution among the three, can do lead or sub spots. best SBB, so-so BB, great UBB.
    3. Oguro - best leader skill of the three but heavily outclassed by Bestie. More of a trial and FG1 unit. meh BB, meh SBB, ugly UBB. Not really good outside of LS, which you can do better with Bestie.

Also, you are most welcome. ^^