In serious need of help

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Commander' started by Tau Kappa, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Tau Kappa

Tau Kappa Level 13

HQ7. I've seen my medal count dwindle from 2500 all the way down to 1450. I cannot figure out for the life of me what is going on anymore. I need help bad!

2. eakdaman

eakdaman Level 12

Email support.

3. Tau Kappa

Tau Kappa Level 13

Haha, strategy help is what I mean. I was not getting much info from my old squad, and things were falling apart there. So I am looking for the elusive holocron I've been seeking.

4. eakdaman

eakdaman Level 12

Well all I can say is that if you are trying to gain medals by defending that will not work. Since the turret changes the game is about attacking. What I do is attack when I have at least an hour when I can play. Then when I am done I ride out the protection until I have time to attack again. That is the only thing that works. Attack more than you defend and your medal count will go up.

5. dr fun

dr fun Level 8

try asking for snipers for your squad center.

6. Jim Solo

Jim Solo Level 39

Use X-Wing/ tie fighters on enemy HQs this does however mean the shields need to go in most cases but with vehicles and heros it can be down so long as the shields go then unleash the fighters on the HQ and watch it go down my X-wings can usually take down enemy HQs but my medal count is also only around 500

7. TPW

TPW Level 54

I can't figure out how to take out opposing bases. Every single time, it's the turrets that take out all of my attacking forces. There's just no way to break through with 14-16 turrets, all behind shields shooting at you. I've spent 30K credits just looking for a base with a weak spot :mad:

Troopers can't deal with the shields, so I need a Juggernaut. If it's going to stay alive for long enough to take out at least 2 shields, I also need R2. So that's the hero and 20 of my 96 points spent.

I've got 9 Wookies with two healers to deal with the turrets, along with 5 X-Wings....

Any advice?

8. Jim Solo

Jim Solo Level 39

I seem to find that 9 heavy troopers 2 wookies 4 soldiers chewie and 5 medics always seem to.take out enemy shields even if all the turrets are firing at me.

Try sending chewies and wookies Maybe with a medic in on left middle let the turrets shoot at the wookies and then send in the heavy / medic combo.

The heavy troopers should take out the shields ( at least 1 if done right) and then x wings can take out the clusters of turrets

If it doesnt work.play with the.numbers of wookies and see if that works

9. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

With 96 units, I'm going to assume you are at level 7. Have you tried using heavies? Here's my load out and basic plan, and I average 2 stars on every attack:

Load-out: 10 Heavies, 7 Medics, 5 Troopers. On top of that, I have 5 X-wings on stand by and keep both Chewie and Leia ready.

The first thing I do when I scout a base is check the squad center placement. If it's not under a shield, I bomb it with the X-Wing and move on. Usually, the Heavies can handle whatever comes out, but I personally like not having to worry about it.

Next, I look for an entry point, I try to get as close to credit collectors as possible while staying as far away from mortars as possible. I drop say 4-5 heavies and a couple of medics and let them go to work. Once they breach the wall and the first shield layer, I drop my hero (usually Chewie, but it depends on the base layout) with a medic. I feed medics in as needed and after this group has makes it's way into the heart of the base, I usually drop what's left of the heavies behind them for support, using the troopers to take care of any outlying buildings and credit markets/alloy refineries.

Granted, this load-out will not work on every single base you come across, you'll have to be careful of mortar farms, but I've had great success with it so far.

Hope it helps.

Tau Kappa likes this.
  10. Suguru

Suguru Level 12

Rebel asking how to get rid of turrets? So there was a rebel scum who didn't know the not-OP at all heavy-medic combo.

11. TPW

TPW Level 54

The problem I've had with medics is that they sometimes run towards other units, or that they're killed rather quickly by a mass of Proton mortars. During the event, I luckily found some bases that didn't go heavy on those.

12. Jim Solo

Jim Solo Level 39

I know how you feel. The medic gets too close to turrets because it had to go heal that guy all the way over there

13. Tau Kappa

Tau Kappa Level 13

The heavy-medic combo definitely works. SC support is a must for defense as well. Thanks to Kenobi-Academy/Prep I have turned my game around.

Running 9 heavies, 8 droids, 2 grunts, and AAT and usually Chewie.

eakdaman likes this.