Huge Galactic War Tip (not sure if this was intended or not)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes' started by Tunevec, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

Okay, I have not needed to use this trick, but it was easy to put it together once I realized what happened the first time.

I was always afraid to retreat from a battle in there because I did not know if there were any negative repercussions. I decided to try it one time after losing a hero, and it lets you add in another hero and pick up where you left off. Sounds great right??

After a few minutes I figured that if my heroes speed is higher than the enemy, then my guys will always go first after retreating from a battle and then going back into it. (Start the battle, let one or two of your guys attack, then retreat and do it over and over again).

So this MIGHT help you get past tough battles where the RNG totally fks you over on the enemy team that they give you. It will seriously help all the F2P players out there as well. Just remember that if their speed is higher then yours, then they will go first.

(Disclaimer - Feel free to test it please, I did not do 100% concrete analysis of this, but it seemed like it was how it all worked at a fast glance.)

binary flotsam likes this.
  2. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

Huh, that's pretty interesting. I doubt I'll ever use it, either. The worst that happens to me is losing someone, which I can fix by just restarting the app, if I really needed them. For the most part, I've always been able to power through with my back-ups.

3. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Interesting find, may play with this tomorrow. With no repercussions to other players, and if it comes down to full clear...

4. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

This was super helpful. Yesterday I made it to the last mission before losing and today I made it all way through! Rey is a friggin beast this way, she has such high speed and attack. Throw in a Poe and other speed-up/high speed characters and they might rock galactic war.

Tunevec likes this.
  5. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

I've gotten to the point where I've started retreating when I get hit with a bunch of negative effects. So when Old Ben or Vader hits, I just back out and come back in. I used to be able to power through everyone, but I've started to be paired against a bunch of level 60, Gear VII teams that are pretty strong.

6. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

I basically do it when a dooku show up. From what I've seen, he's too dangerous to keep alive. I know he goes first and does damage, but damn, he goes on ridiculously overpowered killing sprees if I leave him alive.

7. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

I tend to leave Dooku till the end. For me, it's more trouble than it's worth to fight him when he has back-up. I know my Dooku is pretty dangerous if you try to fight him straight. He does extra damage on counters. And it's even worse with Phasma as a leader. I once had Dooku do an attack, get an assist from someone else, they got an assist from Dooku, and he got a bonus attack.

I find I go after Sidious and Luminara before nearly everyone. Sidious' heal block is just annoying and Luminara's heal/high attack is dangerous.