How's the grind?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes' started by TheBeard, Jan 25, 2016.

1. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

This forum needs some love. How's everybody's experience in the game? Have you quit or are you still grinding away? Any exciting pulls from bronzium crates? What's your preferred team? Anything other random things?

Personally:

My team is currently Finn (leader), Poe (yeah, I know he's overpowered in relation to other tanks atm), Rey, Lumi, and Phasma, with the goal of leveling the resistance pilot once I get Lumi to 7*. Of course, I do occasionally vary my team, especially if I want Rey to have the added offensive boost of Poe's skill vs Finn's.

Still grinding away, level 62 by tomorrow, can't wait to unlock more missions when that happens, since most of my team is max level for where they are.

No exciting bronzium pulls, though for some reason the game loves to give me Royal Guard shards, I think I have him almost to 4* exclusively from bronzium now.

Other thoughts: I thought I would hate the new GW, but I've completed it every day since the update. Today I only lost Poe, which is basically a given by the last battle or two since he has a two-turn taunt (unless I can time JC and Lumi's heals perfectly). Unrelated to GW, I hate having to collect dozens upon dozens of purple gear. Hot damn.

How's everyone else doing?

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

I'm up to level 66 and still have pretty much the same team, just much stronger:

Phasma (Leader) - 7 star, Gear VIII
    Sidious - 7 star, Gear VIII
    Luminara - 7 star, Gear VIII
    Kylo Ren - 7 star, Gear VIII
    Dooku - 5 star, Gear VIII

My total team power is over 25,000

Gear grinding is still a pain. You think you hate it now? Just wait till you get to Gear VIII. All of them have one Gear slot that takes 50 of a specific purple part, which just doesn't want to drop. I am so sick of blowing through 120 energy and getting maybe 1 or 2 of the part I need. But all of them have gotten really powerful. The other day, I managed to do over 10,000 damage with Kylo's Outrage. It was a crit when he was under 50% health, but that was a pretty nice hit. Luminara is a powerhouse. Her Force Blast can crit to 7,000. Even her regular attack is pretty good, ~2,200 non-crit. Sidious is up there, too. Dooku now has a 50% bonus attack on his basic. I'm also keeping Barriss up to date and her basic now has a 45% chance to heal. GW has gotten easier now that I have a level and attack advantage over nearly everyone I fight.

It doesn't help that I'm also farming a bunch of Shards at the same time. Let's see . . . Dooku, FOTP, Rey, Barriss, Ima-Gun Di, and Ewok Elder. In the Arena, I finished IG-88 to 7 star, so I'm now working on HK-47. For the Cantina, I'm farming Geonosian Soldier and getting Poe Dameron Shards from Shipments. I'm also working on Poggle from GW. Basically, I'm passively building a Droid team. I actually ran into someone in GW with a Droid team today, and they were very good.

And I'm still holding onto the #1 spot most days.

3. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Hot damn.

Nice, yeah my characters are all getting starred up all my starters and backups are at least gear VII. Rey needs 50 of those stupid syringes to get up to gear 8, so I'm stuck for a while.

A lot of variability in my server's arena standings, but I can usually end the day top 10 since it's a younger server.

4. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

25,232 to be exact. Most of my server is around 22 - 24k in power. Still, I don't really see power as really indicative of much. As long as you're within a few thousand points, you can probably beat the AI. That is unless the team is full of AI-friendly units like Leia or Poe.

I haven't unlocked Rey, yet. I'm about 25 Shards away.

5. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

I've been casually playing, so I'm still in the mid 50s right now. I'm still enjoying the game, I just don't have a ton of time to devote to it.

My current lineup:
    Dooku (leader)
    Luminara
    Asoka
    Luke
    Chewie

I'm focusing on getting these leveled up to 7*s and then I'll start working on some of the others I've been neglecting.

TheBeard likes this.
  6. Bert_298

Bert_298 Level 12

Who's better to level up, QGJ or Fives?

7. malpka

malpka Level 15

Dependant what you need, although in general i would say qgj (only because they added him to farmable chars), as of now speed and damage > survivability.

As for me now:
    Lvl 64
    Sidious 7* - gear 8
    Lumi 7* - gear 7
    nightsister initiate 7* gear 7 (8 as soon as i hit 65)
    nightsister acolyte 6* (51 more shards till 7) - gear 8
    Asaji 4* (170 shards left :( - got her and 1 stared up as soon as got sid till 6*) - gear 7

Daaka 5* - gear lvl 6 - annoyingly enough she uses same gear as acolyte do, and even more annoyingly my best tank is lvl 33 3* chewy so i cant even do tank chalenge which is droping important pieces :(. Generally using her only in ds battles and past 9-10 GW battle as thats when asaji usually cant be keep alive anymore (cmon she is only 4* among 7*s)
    As for farming dunno which is worse gear or 3 lvl skill mats - all the acolyte farming netted me 6 or 7 red mats :(

8. roadburn12

roadburn12 Level 34

The grind got to me a while back, i cant even tell you the last time i completed a full GW.

I still play but just at a much slower rate so i dont burn out completely

GavinReich4 likes this.
  9. Serauqs

Serauqs Level 18

I have really jumped into this game, I only login to SWFC to collect free things now. I really only have to play for a bout 1 hour total each day and I have finished all the challenges and the GW. I just hit 65 this morning so I was able to gear Lumi up to VIII.

TheBeard likes this.
  10. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Nice. Yeah, I'm in the same boat as for for SWFC.

11. Mongrel

Mongrel Level 22

I am enjoying the grind. Gw has been easy for me.

I am f2p. I got super lucky and got 4* barriss from bronZe pack. My typical GW team is barriss, lumi, Sid, GS and phasma.

My gs will hit 6* tomorrow. That's exciting for me. I did pull a qgj from chrom pack and am liking that I can actually star him up now.

I have 2 7* toons, 2 6* toon and a handful of 5* toons. I have 8 toons into purple equipment.

I really enjoy the slow pace of the game and how soft the game is on my wallet.